» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: White People Are Being Oppressed!

Written By: Jessica on 09/18/09 at 9:05 am

My head hurts from the number of times I banged it against the keyboard while reading this article.

White Conservatives Say It's Their Turn For Empowerment

Last weekend, Cindy Wilkerson, a 44-year-old former social worker, helped organize three busloads of protesters who rode from Mississippi to Washington for the big protest targeting President Obama and his policies. The passengers, all white, wore T-shirts identifying themselves without irony as "Freedom Riders."

Decades ago, that phrase evoked something quite different. It was bestowed on the predominantly black and white activists who traveled to the Deep South to challenge segregation -- and were sometimes met with hostility and violence.

"We were riding for freedom," said Wilkerson. "For the freedom of Mississippians and all Americans. . . . The consensus is that this is not a left-wing government, but that this is more of a Marxist , you know?"

The stupidity of this is absolutely breathtaking.

Subject: Re: White People Are Being Oppressed!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 9:27 am

This is just going to be like the 50's, all over again.  And not neccesarly, in a good way, either.

>:(  ::)

The KKK and Neo Nazis, would be thrilled if White Conservativies, have it their way.

Never before, have I been more ashamed to be White.

::)

Written By: danootaandme on 09/18/09 at 11:18 am

This is just going to be like the 50's, all over again. 

I remember the fifties and the similarities are striking.  That people continue to fall for it is the scary part.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 11:42 am

It hope that it doesn't out, like that film., Mississippi Burning, because that would be really bad.

Written By: Tam on 09/18/09 at 12:51 pm

My head hurts from the number of times I banged it against the keyboard while reading this article.

White Conservatives Say It's Their Turn For Empowerment

The stupidity of this is absolutely breathtaking.

I read the article and I am completely disgusted!

To think that White Supremacists are trying to hide their agenda behind a so-called 'freedom' thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I am not naive enough to believe that there hasn't been racism in the last 20 years, but seriously, have we lost so much ground that we are even giving these idiots the time to spew their hatred?

eta: Obama didn't create the current status of this Nation - W. did that with quite a few helping hands! One act of reform and suddenly Obama and his followers are the Devil??!! Seriously, these people need to take their heads out of their asses and breathe some fresh air!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/18/09 at 1:22 pm

Never before, have I been more ashamed to be White.

You realize, of course, that this is a supremely racist statement.

Because you assume that due to the color of somebody's skin is white, they should have something of which they should be ashamed.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 1:30 pm

You realize, of course, that this is a supremely racist statement.

Because you assume that due to the color of somebody's skin is white, they should have something of which they should be ashamed.

No, I am ashamed to be white myself, because of what's happening lately.

Sorry, if it came out as racist.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/18/09 at 1:34 pm

No, I am ashamed to be white myself, because of what's happening lately.

Sorry, if it came out as racist.

Still comes out as racist.  It assumes that people will judge you based on the color of your skin, and the fact that you would feel ashamed of being white would indicate a level of concurrence with a race-based judgement.

Written By: Tam on 09/18/09 at 1:39 pm

Still comes out as racist.  It assumes that people will judge you based on the color of your skin, and the fact that you would feel ashamed of being white would indicate a level of concurrence with a race-based judgement.

But you do know what he means!
Instead of trying to start something... just let it go.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 1:43 pm

But you do know what he means!
Instead of trying to start something... just let it go.

Thanks, Tam. I really needed that.

I was talking about the whole idea of  White People Are Being Oppressed, and how it sounds like the most stupidest thing, I ever head.

And that it gives a blank check, to any idiot out there, to do something really stupid.

Thanks again, Tam.  Your a okay, in my book.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 1:44 pm

Also, come on..... Marxist government?  What kind of dope are they smoking? 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/18/09 at 4:42 pm

I am not ashamed to be white, I'd be ashamed if I was those people's friends though. . .

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 5:09 pm

I am not ashamed to be white, I'd be ashamed if I was those people's friends though. . .

Actually, I would also be ashamed to be those people's friends, too.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 09/18/09 at 5:29 pm

I'm neither ashamed to be white nor have ''white guilt''
But I do think their thinly veiled racism and their slap into the face of the REAL Freedom Riders is something to be ashamed of.
This really is the '50s all over again, between the Neo Red Scare and the Racial tension. It's a shame.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 6:06 pm

I know, that's what's scares me.  Please, everyone behave rationally darn it!!!!

I know that you are all angry, but there are better ways to express it!

>:(

Written By: Macphisto on 09/18/09 at 11:02 pm

I suppose the reasoning behind this is that anyone can play the victim...  especially delusional rednecks.

Check for new replies or respond here...