» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Why are Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly so darn popular?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 2:14 pm

If anyone has the answer, let me know.

Thanks.

Subject: Re: Why are Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly so darn popular?

Written By: tv on 09/18/09 at 4:02 pm

Well I like Bill O' Reilly because I think he tells like it is even if I don't agree with him sometimes.

I don't like Limbaugh. I used to like Beck because he got too depressing.

Subject: Re: Why are Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly so darn popular?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 5:07 pm

Beck also tends go on and on, about the same topics, over and over again.

::)

Written By: Macphisto on 09/18/09 at 11:05 pm

It's not that they are popular -- they just have loyal followings.

Anytime you can amass a very loyal fanbase of a decent size, you can make a lot of money.  One of the easier ways to do this is to attract like-minded fanatics.

The scary part is...  fanaticism seems especially prevalent in America as compared to many other First World nations.  We seem to have a higher lunatic quotient than most.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/09 at 3:03 am

My Mom listens to Glenn Beck, she seems to think people like him can save America from ruin and becoming more liberal.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/19/09 at 4:26 am

They appeal to the lowest common denominator.  People who, in their core, want to be bullies, and in these people they have found someone who will be their bully for them.  They, Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, and their ilk,  are the rabid spawn of Father Coughlin.

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/09 at 8:41 am

Limbaugh is simply about ratings, yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre.

It simply amazes me that this cat who was a failed Pittsburgh radio DeeJay on the 1970's is given any weight whatsoever.

Now mind you I agree with some of his positions, but the way he does it is clearly intended to incite controversy for the sake of controversy and we do not need that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/09 at 8:47 am

For a moment, I thought that people at the 9/12 rally, were mind controlled or worse yet..... zombies!!!!!!

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/19/09 at 9:30 am

For a moment, I thought that people at the 9/12 rally, were mind controlled or worse yet..... zombies!!!!!!

Biggest mistake you can make is to assume that your opposition is stupid or to otherwise understimate his capabilities.

Any good politician - Democrat or Republican - will tell you that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/09 at 10:28 am

Biggest mistake you can make is to assume that your opposition is stupid or to otherwise understimate his capabilities.

Any good politician - Democrat or Republican - will tell you that.

I know.  I am just suprised that something like that, could organized, by someone like Beck.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/19/09 at 10:35 am

What makes you think that Beck was the only organizer?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/19/09 at 10:50 am

What makes you think that Beck was the only organizer?

Good point.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/19/09 at 9:59 pm

They appeal to the lowest common denominator.  People who, in their core, want to be bullies, and in these people they have found someone who will be their bully for them.  They, Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, and their ilk,  are the rabid spawn of Father Coughlin.

They also prey on people who have a natural tendency to fear anything they find unusual.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/20/09 at 1:43 am

If anyone has the answer, let me know.

Thanks.

Have you ever actually watched/listened to their programs?

Besides just the soundbites I mean.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/20/09 at 2:25 am

Have you ever actually watched/listened to their programs?

Besides just the soundbites I mean.

I've watched Glenn Beck for a little while back when he was on Headline News.  He was ok back then.

I then watched him on his Fox show, and it's like he decided to become really fanatical.

Written By: tv on 09/24/09 at 11:52 am

I've watched Glenn Beck for a little while back when he was on Headline News.  He was ok back then.

I then watched him on his Fox show, and it's like he decided to become really fanatical.
Yeah I liked Beck on Headline News.

Check for new replies or respond here...