» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: When will the anger end?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 6:10 pm

What will it take for the anger in the Staes to end?  When people actually get killed of it? 

Because, I see that if it doesn't go unchecked it will.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Subject: Re: When will the anger end?

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/18/09 at 6:23 pm

What will it take for the anger in the Staes to end?  When people actually get killed of it? 

Because, I see that if it doesn't go unchecked it will.

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Uh, I don't think it will ever end.  It is an American characteristic, been going on pretty much since the War of Independence.  Note that during the American Civil War more Americans were killed than in WW1, WW2, Korea, 'Nam, War of Independence, and War of 1812 ALL PUT TOGETHER.

Look at the following decades from a domestic unrest perspective:

1960's:  President John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X all assassinated.  Chicago Democratic Convention mayhem.  Black Panthers. Major riots in Watts and Detroit.  War protests all over.
1970's:  Unsuccessful assassination attempts (2) on President Ford.  Mayor Moscone assassinated.  "Jonestown" Massacre. Symbionese Liberation Army.  Kent State.
1980's:  President Reagan shot early in his presidency.
1990's:  Rodney King riots.

From an historic perspective, the past couple of decades have been mild if anything in terms of domestic unrest.

But while we all do alot of fightin' amongst ourselves, we have managed to maintain one of the world's oldest continuous democracies (Iceland being the oldest, I understand).

Subject: Re: When will the anger end?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/18/09 at 7:40 pm

Uh, I don't think it will ever end.  It is an American characteristic, been going on pretty much since the War of Independence.  Note that during the American Civil War more Americans were killed than in WW1, WW2, Korea, 'Nam, War of Independence, and War of 1812 ALL PUT TOGETHER.

Look at the following decades from a domestic unrest perspective:

1960's:  President John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X all assassinated.  Chicago Democratic Convention mayhem.  Black Panthers. Major riots in Watts and Detroit.  War protests all over.
1970's:  Unsuccessful assassination attempts (2) on President Ford.  Mayor Moscone assassinated.  "Jonestown" Massacre. Symbionese Liberation Army.  Kent State.
1980's:  President Reagan shot early in his presidency.
1990's:  Rodney King riots.

From an historic perspective, the past couple of decades have been mild if anything in terms of domestic unrest.

But while we all do alot of fightin' amongst ourselves, we have managed to maintain one of the world's oldest continuous democracies (Iceland being the oldest, I understand).

I suppose you are right, anger will never end, but still I worry about where the current anger is going to lead us.

Check for new replies or respond here...