» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Go get them Alan Grayson

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/09/09 at 4:52 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ery7RZ4tZ2Y

Subject: Re: Go get them Alan Grayson

Written By: danootaandme on 10/09/09 at 5:21 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

Written By: tv on 10/09/09 at 5:45 pm

Does Grayson think he is the president or something of late? He has a good sense of humor I'll give him that but he's only a freshman senator and he's calling out the GOP.

Written By: Jessica on 10/09/09 at 5:51 pm

I howled at the BLT part.  Awesome....and very very VERY true.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/09/09 at 5:57 pm

Does Grayson think he is the president or something of late? He has a good sense of humor I'll give him that but he's only a freshman senator and he's calling out the GOP.

Are you saying freshman Republican have never called anyone out?  I guess it only raises an eyebrow when a Democrat speaks up and makes a little bit of sense.

Written By: SemperYoda on 10/09/09 at 6:49 pm

Are you saying just because he is new he doesn't have a right to call out his fellow representatives?  He should just go in there, elected by the people, and sit like a little good boy until he learns some manners?  It has nothing to do with him being president.  He is trying to get something accomplished.  That is what he was voted in for.  I guess the GOP has a patent on being pushy.  At least someone is going out there and fighting for something he believes in rather than just getting in there and dragging feet.  Being a senator and representative is not just some cush government job.  It is our government.  They were voted in there for a reason, not to take half of the year off. 

Written By: Macphisto on 10/09/09 at 7:01 pm

Grayson does have good delivery, but he's a bit repetitive.

I agree with much of what he's said, but I worry for his re-election.  He represents a Republican-leaning district, so appealing to his conservative constituents might become a bit difficult the second time around.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/10/09 at 1:27 am

Awesome!

This one is even more on target.

Ant

Written By: danootaandme on 10/10/09 at 6:20 am

It isn't like he shouted out of turn and called them liars,    ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/10/09 at 5:05 pm

;D

Now now, that was perfectly reasonable!  ;D

Go Grayson Go!  This guy rocks my socks!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/09 at 12:24 pm

He seems like the most reasonable Reupblician, ever! Go Alan!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/09 at 6:12 pm

No, they lied and he shouted at them.

Hats off to Grayson.  It's about damn time somebody in congress said what we were all thinking. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

The Baucus plan that's about to pass with no "public option" is a real stinkeroo!

Written By: Macphisto on 10/11/09 at 9:59 pm

He seems like the most reasonable Reupblician, ever! Go Alan!!

Um...  He's a Democrat...

Written By: philbo on 10/12/09 at 4:53 am

I was kind of thrown by the caption "Rep. Alan Grayson", with "D-Florida" underneath it.

..does this mean he's a "Representative", rather than a "Republican"?

Whatever, he's one of a few US politicians I've seen on YouTube that seems the exception to the normal rule: he speaks with clarity, feeling and the occasional bit of wit; he speaks a lot of good sense in the few videos I've looked at... and he didn't make me want to throw the computer out of the window.  Though when he says "America cares" about things like >40k people dying each year through lack of medical insurance, ISTM he's being a bit naive: if "America" really cared about it..  then healthcare reform wouldn't be controversial.

But I guess that it's hard for politicians to get worked up about all those people dying.. after all, they can't vote, can they? ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/09 at 8:08 am

I was kind of thrown by the caption "Rep. Alan Grayson", with "D-Florida" underneath it.

..does this mean he's a "Representative", rather than a "Republican"?

It can be confusing.  The party designation is in cases like this is usually one letter.... usually

(Com) Communist Party
(D) = Democratic Party
(G) = Green Party
(I) = Independent candidates
(Ind) = Independence Party
(Labor) = Labor Party
(L) = Libertarian Party
(R) = Republican Party
(WF) = Working Families Party
(WI) = Write-in candidates

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/12/09 at 3:46 pm

Oh, my bad, I always thought the R stood for the person's party affililation. So, I guess he is a representitive of the Democrat Party.

Sorry about that.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/12/09 at 4:53 pm

Oh, my bad, I always thought the R stood for the person's party affililation. So, I guess he is a representitive of the Democrat Party.

Sorry about that.

No need to apologize, there are many home grown who don't know the difference.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/09 at 7:13 pm

Well admittedly...  there isn't much of a difference when it comes to some Democrats and Republicans...  lol

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/13/09 at 8:20 pm

Actually I am a Canadian, and it's easier to tell by broadcast, who is NDP, Liberal, or Conservative, via letters preciding the person's name.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/09 at 10:28 pm

Is it just me, or does anybody else think Grayson looks like the Elmer's Glue guy?

???

Written By: tv on 10/14/09 at 9:33 am

Are you saying just because he is new he doesn't have a right to call out his fellow representatives?  He should just go in there, elected by the people, and sit like a little good boy until he learns some manners?  It has nothing to do with him being president.  He is trying to get something accomplished.  That is what he was voted in for.  I guess the GOP has a patent on being pushy.  At least someone is going out there and fighting for something he believes in rather than just getting in there and dragging feet.  Being a senator and representative is not just some cush government job.  It is our government.  They were voted in there for a reason, not to take half of the year off.   
What he did was disgraceful I'm sorry that the Republicans he should apoligize I mean "Die Quickly" I thought Joe Wilson was disgraceful too but at least he apologized.

Written By: tv on 10/14/09 at 9:35 am

Are you saying freshman Republican have never called anyone out?  I guess it only raises an eyebrow when a Democrat speaks up and makes a little bit of sense.
I didn;t say anything about a freshman Republican. He didn;t make any sense.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/14/09 at 4:56 pm

I didn;t say anything about a freshman Republican. He didn;t make any sense.

Yes, he did make sense.  What part of it didn't make sense to you? 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/14/09 at 5:00 pm

What he did was disgraceful I'm sorry that the Republicans he should apoligize I mean "Die Quickly" I thought Joe Wilson was disgraceful too but at least he apologized.

Joe Wilson called the President a liar during a Presidential Address.  It is against the rules of congress to do that.  What Grayson did he was fully within the laws of Congress.  That is the difference.  Oh and Joe Wilson said he didn't want to apologize and then he went and used that to bulk his campaign.  Two different scenarios.

Check for new replies or respond here...