» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: With people born after 1980, they only have an 8% approval rating... they are

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/11/09 at 8:08 am

Republicans...

Research 2000

Age groupFavorableUnfavorableNo Opinion
18-298857
30-44375112
45-59197011
60+196813

but polls aren't scientific, so I'm sure the Republican party doesn't care.

Subject: Re: With people born after 1980, they only have an 8% approval rating... they are

Written By: ninny on 10/11/09 at 9:42 am

Republicans...

Research 2000

18-298857
30-44375112
45-59197011
60+196813

i knew my son was a minority, he is a member of the Young Republicans and he was born in 1989.

Subject: Re: With people born after 1980, they only have an 8% approval rating... they are

Written By: joeman on 10/11/09 at 9:55 am

I dunno, apparently there were theories around the "Millennial Generation" bringing back the 1950's tradition of family, good ethics, and apple pie.  Again, they were theories by people that were most likely neo-conservatives.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/11/09 at 1:51 pm

Republicans...

Research 2000

18-298857
30-44375112
45-59197011
60+196813

No, They do care..... It's just they have an odd way, of showing it.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/09 at 6:00 pm

At about this time some Republican will pull out the old quote attributed variously to both Shaw and Churchill:

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head."

What does lead a person to more conservative or "Republican" points of view?  Generally, the accumulation of wealth and property.  However, the chances of the Millennials attaining wealth and property are slimmer than those of Generation X (my generation), which, in turn were slimmer than those of the Baby Boomers, which---it turns out--were slimmer still than the chances of those of the Greatest and Silent generations.  The latter two generations were the last in America to build wealth without acquiring enormous debts, which was the choice of the Boomers and the obligation of the X-ers.  In fact, the most of the "wealth" my generation has earned is negative wealth.  That is, they have bought consumer goods, higher education, and real estate on credit at usurious interest rates.  A Generation X Republican is a foolish Republican, and a Millennial Republican is a P.T. Barnum Republican.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/11/09 at 6:25 pm

At about this time some Republican will pull out the old quote attributed variously to both Shaw and Churchill:

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head."

What does lead a person to more conservative or "Republican" points of view?  Generally, the accumulation of wealth and property.  However, the chances of the Millennials attaining wealth and property are slimmer than those of Generation X (my generation), which, in turn were slimmer than those of the Baby Boomers, which---it turns out--were slimmer still than the chances of those of the Greatest and Silent generations.  The latter two generations were the last in America to build wealth without acquiring enormous debts, which was the choice of the Boomers and the obligation of the X-ers.  In fact, the most of the "wealth" my generation has earned is negative wealth.  That is, they have bought consumer goods, higher education, and real estate on credit at usurious interest rates.  A Generation X Republican is a foolish Republican, and a Millennial Republican is a P.T. Barnum Republican.

Ihave a business associate who, in his young adulthood, was an actual card-carrying Communist.  He has a picture of himself hanging on his office wall from the late 70's; he was at a party meeting in Moscow and Brezhnev is making a speech while my buddy is maybe 30 feet away.

Now 56, my bud is a staunch Republican capitalist worth a fortune.  (But I bet he still has a major ass FBI file running on him).

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/09 at 6:32 pm

Ihave a business associate who, in his young adulthood, was an actual card-carrying Communist.  He has a picture of himself hanging on his office wall from the late 70's; he was at a party meeting in Moscow and Brezhnev is making a speech while my buddy is maybe 30 feet away.

Now 56, my bud is a staunch Republican capitalist worth a fortune.  (But I bet he still has a major ass FBI file running on him).

;D

And I was literally a card-carrying Communist when I was 20, but those in my party kept referring to "Comrade Stalin."  Stalin ain't no comrade of mine, so the rift began and widened to a Grand Canyon as the Eastern Bloc broke up.

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/11/09 at 6:35 pm

And I was literally a card-carrying Communist when I was 20, but those in my party kept referring to "Comrade Stalin."  Stalin ain't no comrade of mine, so the rift began and widened to a Grand Canyon as the Eastern Bloc broke up.

I don't think Stalin was ANYBODY's comrade.  :-\\

Written By: Macphisto on 10/11/09 at 10:17 pm

;D

That makes sense...  Both Communism and Capitalism have a knack for consolidating wealth and power into the hands of the few.

...so he's essentially traded one poison for another....

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/12/09 at 6:10 pm

That makes sense...  Both Communism and Capitalism have a knack for consolidating wealth and power into the hands of the few.

...so he's essentially traded one poison for another....

Yeah, but as a capitalist he eats a whole lot better now!  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/13/09 at 5:10 pm

I dunno, apparently there were theories around the "Millennial Generation" bringing back the 1950's tradition of family, good ethics, and apple pie.  Again, they were theories by people that were most likely neo-conservatives.

Of course...look at what's on TV, nothing but sheesh! I would go take "I Love Lucy" over "Survivor" anytime of the day!

Check for new replies or respond here...