» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Meet Olympia Snowe....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/13/09 at 8:17 pm

The Republician who deflated the tires, or her party members, who hoped that the health care reform bill will not be going forward, by doing (gasp!) the unthinkable....

Voting yes, for the bill to possibly go forward.

Because, she'll probally incure the wrath of fellow Repubicians, become a dart board for Beck and his fellow douchws at Fox, also probally be branded a traitor by the Repubilicians, she has more guts, than anyone else in the Republician Party.

http://features.csmonitor.com/politics/2009/10/13/olympia-snowe-gives-healthcare-reform-its-first-republican-vote/

Subject: Re: Meet Olympia Snowe....

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/13/09 at 9:40 pm

It's a shame really.  The other Republicans on the finance board are spineless.  They asked for plenty of changes and received them in order to convince them to vote for this bill.  Most of them still bad mouthed the process and attempted to stall the legislation at all costs while still railing against the "extreme speed" of the passage of the bill in order to damage the Obama administration and make it look like Obama can't pass anything.  When in reality the Dems could have easily ignored them 100% and forged ahead without them and passed it in June.

They were given every opportunity to work on this together, and they'll continue to claim they don't want it when they run for re-election.  The voters in their states will continue to accept the line feed to them by the Republican party, so in the end Obama gets a watered down/porked out bill that the Republicans will harass him about no matter how well or poor it performs. 

He should give the Republicans the marginalization they claim to have already. I fail to see how anything would change if he did.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/13/09 at 10:11 pm

Snowe shouldn't worry too much.  Her constituents like her a lot.

She just might have to become an independent soon -- but that's not a bad thing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/09 at 10:27 pm

Can we now begin the REAL work of healthcare reform after throwing an undeserved bone to the insurance crime syndicates?

::)

Written By: Jessica on 10/14/09 at 8:00 am

Can we now begin the REAL work of healthcare reform after throwing an undeserved bone to the insurance crime syndicates?

::)

No.

Written By: tv on 10/14/09 at 9:29 am

As an independent I don;t like the way the health care debate is going so far so I understand why Republicans(except for Snowe) would vote against the Senate Finance Commitee's bill yesterday. I don;t get why on the internet I see people blasting Snowe though I mean the bill that was voted for is not the finished product(far from it.) My guess is if Snowe votes for the finished product and she is the only other Republucan Vote besides Susan Collins she'll move on too being an "independent" and cacus with Democrats. I categorize Snowe and Collins as "Blue Dog Democrats".

Check for new replies or respond here...