» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: H. Rap Brown Will Have to Wait...

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/29/09 at 10:15 am

Ol' Rap brown is going to have to wait a bit longer before he can preside over his separate Moslem State in the United States.

The "Ummah" group believes that one day there will be a Moslem-only state in the USA, and Rap Brown will be the leader. (Note, Mr. Brown is presently serving a life-without-parole sentence for the murder of two police officers back in '02.  Not sure how that figured into Ummah's plans.)

However, Christopher Thomas,  the leader of Ummah, just got snuffed in an FBI raid today, and eight of his cronies are under arrest.  Three more are at large.

(correct link below!)

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Police+arrest+fugitive+Detroit+imam+Windsor/2158446/story.html

H. Rap Brown...
http://www.nndb.com/people/316/000093037/brown-sm.jpg

The late Christopher Thomas...
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20091029&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=910290597&Ref=AR&Profile=1318&MaxW=320&MaxH=300&Q=50

Subject: Re: H. Rap Brown Will Have to Wait...

Written By: Red Ant on 10/29/09 at 10:26 pm

You have the wrong link there, LyricBoy!

Ant

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/30/09 at 7:46 am

You have the wrong link there, LyricBoy!

Ant

Sorry 'bout that, Red.  I just fixed it!  :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/09 at 7:35 pm

Hey 'Boy, I think he prefers Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin nowadays.  And he didn't invent Rap music, contrary to urban myth (okay, it isn't one, but it's never too late to start one!).

Back in JAAA's days as Minister of Justice in the Black Panther Party he made the following statements:

"Violence is as American as cherry pie", and "If America don't come around, we're gonna burn it down."

I don't see how anyone could deny the first statement, and I'm having a lot of trouble disagreeing with the second sentiment.

Anyway, I prefer the Ummagumma group!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smokin.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/03/09 at 7:55 pm

He can form an Islam state in Wyoming, no one lives there.

And Utah is a Mormon State. But Brown seeing an Islam state is the same chance of another Brown going to the Super Bowl! ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 11/03/09 at 10:23 pm

But Brown seeing an Islam state is the same chance of another Brown going to the Super Bowl! ;D

haha, good one!

Ant

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/04/09 at 2:18 pm

haha, good one!

Ant

Yep

Even the die-hard Browns fans are boycotting the MNF game this mid-November.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/09 at 1:19 am

He can form an Islam state in Wyoming, no one lives there.

And Utah is a Mormon State. But Brown seeing an Islam state is the same chance of another Brown going to the Super Bowl! ;D

You know you're in a podunk state when all the rich and famous people who go there go to a place called Jackson Hole.

8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/08/09 at 12:12 pm

You know you're in a podunk state when all the rich and famous people who go there go to a place called Jackson Hole.

8)

My brother always calls it "Jackson's Hole"  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/09 at 1:54 am

My brother always calls it "Jackson's Hole"   ;D

Depends on which Jackson and which hole.  Anything to do with Michael any time, anywhere, no thanks.  Now Kate Jackson circa 1978, any time, any, uh, hole, suh-weeet!

:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...