» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Whats going on with healthcare?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 11/07/09 at 2:31 pm

Anybody? What's goin with the Healthcare plan?

Subject: Re: Whats going on with healthcare?

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/07/09 at 7:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdlcnK_MI4&feature=player_embedded

First rule of health care debate, OBJECT OBJECT OBJECT....

some background

This morning, the House began consideration of the rule for debate of the House health care bill. As the Democratic Women’s Caucus took to the microphone on the House floor to offer their arguments for how the bill would benefit women, House Republicans — led by Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) — repeatedly talked over, screamed, and shouted objections. “I object, I object, I object, I object, I object,” Price interjected as Rep. Lois Capps (D-CA) tried to hold the floor.

apparently the Republicans have something against women talking... not really a surprise there.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/07/09 at 11:23 pm

As watered down and bastardized as the bill had to get before it would pass, it passed in the House today. 

Be prepared for the GOP crybabies to cry even louder and longer now 'coz it's gotta go to the Senate now. 

::)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 11/08/09 at 12:16 pm

As watered down and bastardized as the bill had to get before it would pass, it passed in the House today. 

Be prepared for the GOP crybabies to cry even louder and longer now 'coz it's gotta go to the Senate now. 

Well, it probably shouldnt pass if both sides are unhappy with it.

Written By: Macphisto on 11/08/09 at 12:23 pm

My prediction is that the final bill will be so watered down that it will accomplish little to nothing, and the Democratic party will again show that it is not representative of the Left but of special interests and corrupt Blue Dogs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/09/09 at 1:30 am

Well, it probably shouldnt pass if both sides are unhappy with it.

Au contraire, mon frere.  It'll pass when EVERYBODY is unhappy with it.  Who cares if they wreck something nobody likes!

Check for new replies or respond here...