» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: D.C. Sniper Executed

Written By: GWBush2004 on 11/11/09 at 12:53 am

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2009/11/11/mastermind_of_dc_sniper_attacks_executed/

Good riddance.

Subject: Re: D.C. Sniper Executed

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/11/09 at 10:54 am

"It's been real"...

Good riddance, the Commonwealth of Virginia has administered the punishment that this cat deserved.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/11/09 at 12:41 pm

See you in hell, d-i-ckhead!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/09 at 1:08 pm

Give my regards to Satan, you douchbag, Hope that you  rot in Hell, along with other sniper killers.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/11/09 at 2:30 pm

This is what it took to get you out of hiding GW?  I thought we'd lost you.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/11/09 at 6:51 pm

This has put me in mind of the two guys who dragged James Byrd to death.  Makes me wonder why some people sit on death row, and live, and some sit on death row and die.  There are a lot of people on the different death rows, some have been there longer than others. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/11/09 at 6:54 pm

This has put me in mind of the two guys who dragged James Byrd to death.  Makes me wonder why some people sit on death row, and live, and some sit on death row and die.  There are a lot of people on the different death rows, some have been there longer than others. 

It seems to depend on what state/commonwealth you live in.

Virginia does not mess around.  The average dwell time bewteen sentencing and execution in Virginia ia 6 years.  Overall in the US of A it is either 12 or 18 years.

Here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Mumia Abdul Jabaar was convicted 28 years ago and he's still not been cooked, due to a slow appeals process.  In Virginia, death row appeals are expedited.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/12/09 at 1:10 am

I'll just leave this here.

Go Set Go

Shout out to a couple of dirtbags.  Well, to one dirtbag.  The other one ain't around to hear it.  But for the dirtbag who can't hear it, this one went out to you at an appropriate time the other night. 

(I didn't say I was proud of singin' it out loud.  Just sayin' I was singin' it, that's all.  And it's gonna be queued up when a third dirtbag gets his comeuppance.)

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/12/09 at 6:14 pm

Eye-for-eye, Tooth-for-tooth.

He should for what he did. And IMO...I'm for and against the Death Penalty.

For-People like him and that rapist in my city who's like one of the worst murderers in my own city deserve the taste of death.

Against-People who are actually innocent, something like "The Green Mile".

Written By: karen on 11/13/09 at 8:47 am

Against-People who are actually innocent, something like "The Green Mile".

I think you'll find most people are against killing innocent people. :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 11/13/09 at 3:18 pm

I think you'll find most people are against killing innocent people. :-\\

But they are also willing to allow flimsy evidence to execute someone, anyone, to sooth their need for revenge.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/13/09 at 11:57 pm

This is what it took to get you out of hiding GW?  I thought we'd lost you.

He's got bit of a fetish for the death penalty.  Anyway, shouldn't he update his screen name to SarahPalin2012?
:P

Anyway, I'm vehemently against capital punishment; however, the Virginia legislature is not, especially if you're a dude named John Allen Muhammad and you go around sniping random victims. 

Written By: Red Ant on 11/14/09 at 1:52 pm

...go around sniping random victims. 

Yep, that's a pretty good way to get the needle.

But they are also willing to allow flimsy evidence to execute someone, anyone, to sooth their need for revenge.

Convicting anyone with "flimsy evidence" is a tragedy, but I beg to differ with you that the dp is a need for revenge. If I were a juror in a dp case and wanted revenge, I would recommend lwp, and let the other inmates exact their revenge on the convicted.

Ant

Written By: Macphisto on 11/14/09 at 2:02 pm

It should come as a comfort then that Muhammad was convicted on solid evidence.  I realize most murder cases aren't so open and shut, but Muhammad and Malvo were thoroughly proven guilty.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/14/09 at 2:11 pm

Different states, I suppose. TX and VA have a lot of people on death row but also execute a lot of them, whereas PA, FL and CA have high numbers of death row inmates but a relatively low number of executions.

Given that TX is second only to VA in #s of people put to death, I doubt those two will spend much more time on death row.

Ant

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/14/09 at 7:29 pm

He's got bit of a fetish for the death penalty.  Anyway, shouldn't he update his screen name to SarahPalin2012?

Anyway, I'm vehemently against capital punishment; however, the Virginia legislature is not, especially if you're a dude named John Allen Muhammad and you go around sniping random victims. 

From what I heard...Massachusetts doesn't even have The Death Penalty.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/14/09 at 8:30 pm

If you want to fight the death penalty, John Allen Williams (aka J.A. Muhammed) does not make a likeable poster child.  :(

Interestingly I do not recall anybody blaming Williams' murder spree on his Muslimism.  I think people saw him simply as a whack job, even though Malvo said that the word "jihad" had come up.  In his case I think his Muslimism was just incidental to his innate violence; he woulda probably still done his murder spree if he had never converted to the NOI.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/09 at 1:53 am

It should come as a comfort then that Muhammad was convicted on solid evidence.  I realize most murder cases aren't so open and shut, but Muhammad and Malvo were thoroughly proven guilty.

It was solid enough for the jury...

But that's why I'm against capital punishment.  It's an immutable decision. 

Written By: Macphisto on 11/17/09 at 10:44 pm

It was solid enough for the jury...

But that's why I'm against capital punishment.  It's an immutable decision. 

I'm kind of against it myself -- mostly because of the cost of appeals and because of corruption within the system itself.  Thankfully, it's rarely used by most states -- Texas, Florida, and North Carolina notwithstanding.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/09 at 1:57 pm

From what I heard...Massachusetts doesn't even have The Death Penalty.

No, Massachusetts does not, and we've staved it off several times.  There are plenty of people over here who would love to see it on the books. 

Whitey Bulger wouldn't get it either way...
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/18/09 at 2:33 pm

No, Massachusetts does not, and we've staved it off several times.  There are plenty of people over here who would love to see it on the books. 

The Republicans are putting it back on the table the next session.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/09 at 9:48 pm

The Republicans are putting it back on the table the next session.

They won't get it...and even if they do, Whitey won't (and I'm not just talkin' Bulger).

Written By: danootaandme on 11/20/09 at 5:55 am

They won't get it...and even if they do, Whitey won't (and I'm not just talkin' Bulger).

;) ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/20/09 at 9:21 am

Well...as in the words of Frylock from 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force'..."Dammit, Wikipedia"!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/21/09 at 12:41 am

Well...as in the words of Frylock from 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force'..."Dammit, Wikipedia"!

All the characters in Aqua Teen post here, and guess which one's Carl!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/21/09 at 11:23 pm

All the characters in Aqua Teen post here, and guess which one's Carl!

I smell an Avatar Contest.  1-31-07: Never Forget!

Check for new replies or respond here...