» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Adios, Senor Dobbs!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/12/09 at 1:42 pm

One of the last of the original CNN achors, Lou Dobbs, is now leaving CNN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aue0yPVtj8

Subject: Re: Adios, Senor Dobbs!

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/12/09 at 6:26 pm

I heard he may pop up over at Fox.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/12/09 at 6:36 pm

I heard he may pop up over at Fox.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/13/09 at 12:30 pm

Me, neither.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/14/09 at 12:04 am

I hope he gets the job he'd be best at:  Editing the Lyndon LaRouche newsletter.

FOX night care a hang for that old over-the-hill bastid.  Now, if they could put Lou Dobbs' brain inside Carrie Prejean's head, that would be a Roger Ailes wet dream!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/14/09 at 11:06 am

Apparently, Fox News, isn't interested in Lou Dobbs.

He is literally, No Country For Old News Reporter.

;D

Written By: Red Ant on 11/14/09 at 11:22 am

I think he's moving into politics... on what level, I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for office somewhere.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/09 at 1:57 am

I think he's moving into politics... on what level, I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for office somewhere.

Ant

He can be Sheriff Arpaio's dippity!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/BUNNY.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/26/09 at 11:33 am

Not so fast.  I read in this morning's paper that el Senor Dobbs is considering a run for the U.S. Senate from N.J. "as a stepping stone to the White House". 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/26/09 at 11:44 am

Not so fast.  I read in this morning's paper that el Senor Dobbs is considering a run for the U.S. Senate from N.J. "as a stepping stone to the White House". 

Palin/Dobbs 2012...Go for it, baby!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/26/09 at 1:40 pm

http://www.labnol.org/assets/images/YahooSmileys/smileys7.gif

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/09 at 12:55 am

New Jersey senator?  You kiddin'?  You gotta go for the whole enchilada, Lou! 

Unless there's a bunch of stuff I don't know (and there generally is), Dobbs has a better chance of landing the president gig than the senator gig.  It's one thing to talk about the sharks.  It's another thing jump in the tank and fight the sharks, which is what Lou would have to do trying win a NJ senate seat, never mind succeeding in that office.  On his show, Lou got to go on TV every night and shoot his mouth off about illegal immigrants and then do a few lines and get a beejay in the limo back home.  If he's gonna be the junior Senator Dobbs from Jersey, he's going to have to be able to work his ass off and watch it at the same time.  Don't know if the old boy is up to that. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/28/09 at 12:07 pm

New Jersey senator?  You kiddin'?  You gotta go for the whole enchilada, Lou! 

Unless there's a bunch of stuff I don't know (and there generally is), Dobbs has a better chance of landing the president gig than the senator gig.  It's one thing to talk about the sharks.  It's another thing jump in the tank and fight the sharks, which is what Lou would have to do trying win a NJ senate seat, never mind succeeding in that office.  On his show, Lou got to go on TV every night and shoot his mouth off about illegal immigrants and then do a few lines and get a beejay in the limo back home.  If he's gonna be the junior Senator Dobbs from Jersey, he's going to have to be able to work his ass off and watch it at the same time.  Don't know if the old boy is up to that.   

Lets hope not

Written By: Macphisto on 12/01/09 at 10:06 pm

I figured he would've aimed for a state like Oklahoma or Arizona....

Check for new replies or respond here...