» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: State Dinner Party Crashers...

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/27/09 at 7:02 pm

Anybody here see the news story about the couple who "crashed" the White House state dinner the other night?

My opinion?  Somebody's head must roll at the Secret Service.   >:(   This is an unforgiveable breach of security.  What if instead of a fame-seeking couple, they were highly trained terrorist operatives?

The President deserves one heck of alot better security than this.

Subject: Re: State Dinner Party Crashers...

Written By: Dagwood on 11/27/09 at 8:45 pm

No doubt.  How scary is it to know that basically all you have to do is tell them they forgot to put you on the list and you're in.  The President needs more protection than that.

Written By: snozberries on 11/27/09 at 11:21 pm

No doubt.  How scary is it to know that basically all you have to do is tell them they forgot to put you on the list and you're in.  The President needs more protection than that.

seriously!!! bet they get that reality show the chick was after tho...  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/27/09 at 11:54 pm

I thought this was a screenplay for Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, but a lot of folks up there with the important jobs in the important buildings ain't smiling.  LB's right, heads are gonna roll.  They better.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 11/28/09 at 12:11 pm

Articles I read assert that there was no danger because they went through the security screening, so couldn't have had concealed weapons, but still...

Written By: Zeb on 11/28/09 at 12:30 pm

By not being on that list they should have been turned away at the door...no ifs ands or buts. These people lied to security and for that they should be punished.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/09 at 1:50 pm

Articles I read assert that there was no danger because they went through the security screening, so couldn't have had concealed weapons, but still...

But if they had been trained martial artists, they could have put a lethal move on the President when they talked to him in that receiving line.

The lack of violence in this incident makes it no less serious. Something is wrong with the Secret Service and it needs to be fixed... NOW. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/09 at 10:16 pm

By not being on that list they should have been turned away at the door...no ifs ands or buts. These people lied to security and for that they should be punished.

When it's easier to get into the presidential dinner party than a VIP room at a nudie bar, something's wrong...

8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/09 at 10:23 pm

When it's easier to get into the presidential dinner party than a VIP room at a nudie bar, something's wrong...

8)

All you gotta do to get into the VIP room at a shake shack is a wad of money.

At least that's what people tell me...  :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/09 at 10:38 pm

All you gotta do to get into the VIP room at a shake shack is a wad of money.

At least that's what people tell me...   :P

What I've heard, you know, is there are VIP rooms and there are (air quotes) VIP rooms (/air quotes).  Sorta like the speakeasies during Prohibition.  A wad of money gets the job done as long as it's all within the law.  The thing is, the DEA, and the IRS, and the vice constabulary can send a snitch in with a big ol' wad, so...  Anyway, I was gonna say Manhattan coke party, but six and one-half dozen of the other.  Zeb mentioned "not on the list," which brought your standard bar bouncer* to mind.  Plus that broad looked like somebody who would be brought to a nudie bar VIP room by a dude who looked like that.
:P

*Qualifications for job of bouncer:
a. Stand next to a door.
b. Be an azzhole.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/30/09 at 11:58 pm

Wait a minute, I knew I saw those too idiots somewhere before...they were in a synth pop band in the eighties!

http://itsnotpossible.typepad.com/trashfan/animotion1.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8DhfDjOqaw

(that's 1985, not 1983, btw)

:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 12/01/09 at 2:55 pm

Wait a minute, I knew I saw those too idiots somewhere before...they were in a synth pop band in the eighties!

(that's 1985, not 1983, btw)

:D

could have sworn it was 1983... weird.  I guess Holly Knight did record a version then, but it wasn't popular.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/01/09 at 3:11 pm

Those two just want a Reality Show...like everybody else!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/01/09 at 9:52 pm

could have sworn it was 1983... weird.  I guess Holly Knight did record a version then, but it wasn't popular.

Going off-topic for a moment...

I didn't know Holly Knight did her own version of "Obsession," but she was the chief writer, with some help from Bernie Taupin.  That was Animotion's problem, their big hit was written tunesmiths, then when you bought the album (as I did), the rest was bleccch!  The two of them always made me crack up.  She looks like a Vegas hooker and he looks like he just walked off a scotch ad!

BTW, Holly Knight, fresh from "Love is a Battlefield" also wrote a song Real Life tried to revive their career with, "Babies," which is hilarious!
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...