» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 100 People Who Are Screwing-up America

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/17/09 at 4:14 pm

I got this book from a Crisis Center and the leader of the Center wanted to see it as well. I'll give it to her once I read it, but I can name more people who should be on this list....

Kanye West

Why?

For saying that "Bush did nothing for the people in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina Hit" and later elbowing in the 2009 MTV Awards!

And Dennis Kucinich

Why?

Not only did he put a city to shame when he was mayor of Cleveland, but he pushed on the impeachment of Bush...which NEVER happened!

I would also put Nancy Pelosi and Cindy Sheehan in the book if it needs rewritten.

Who else saw that book?

Subject: Re: 100 People Who Are Screwing-up America

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/09 at 5:10 pm

What the f**k kind of crisis center is handing out Bernie Goldberg books?  Hellooooo!

"Help!  I think I might be too smart!"

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/freak6.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/17/09 at 8:46 pm

Bill O'Reilly

Written By: Macphisto on 12/17/09 at 11:58 pm

100?  that's a rather short list

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/18/09 at 12:00 am

100?  that's a rather short list

Yeah.  Way too small; barely enough room for "The United States Senate"!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/09 at 7:50 am

I got this book from a Crisis Center and the leader of the Center wanted to see it as well. I'll give it to her once I read it, but I can name more people who should be on this list....

Kanye West

Why?

For saying that "Bush did nothing for the people in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina Hit" and later elbowing in the 2009 MTV Awards!

And Dennis Kucinich

Why?

Not only did he put a city to shame when he was mayor of Cleveland, but he pushed on the impeachment of Bush...which NEVER happened!

I would also put Nancy Pelosi and Cindy Sheehan in the book if it needs rewritten.

Who else saw that book?

I think you may be thinking that these people have a bit more power than they actually do.  I mean Kanye West and  Cindy Sheehan?  In terms of actual power these two are nowhere near even the top 500. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/09 at 8:11 am

I think you may be thinking that these people have a bit more power than they actually do.  I mean Kanye West and  Cindy Sheehan?  In terms of actual power these two are nowhere near even the top 500. 

Bernie Goldberg works for FOX.  He's as dumb as a bag of doorknobs. He's a hate monger and a fear monger.  Nothing more.  He says nothing even worth discussing. 

Written By: Tia on 12/18/09 at 10:19 am

Kanye West

Why?

For saying that "Bush did nothing for the people in New Orleans when Hurricane Katrina Hit"
was there something bush did for the people in new orleans when katrina hit? because if so, i must have missed it.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/18/09 at 12:11 pm

was there something bush did for the people in new orleans when katrina hit? because if so, i must have missed it.

Right there!  I remember the news report that said his excuse was he was at his ranch and didn't have the television on so he didn't know how bad it was. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/09 at 10:34 pm

Right there!  I remember the news report that said his excuse was he was at his ranch and didn't have the television on so he didn't know how bad it was. 

Did he really say that?!
???

Written By: danootaandme on 12/19/09 at 10:52 am

Did he really say that?!
???

Yup.  It was one of their statements that met with such condemnation they tried to bury it, but there are those of us with long memories and bitter hearts who hold on to things like that.

Written By: Tia on 12/19/09 at 11:47 am

Yup.  It was one of their statements that met with such condemnation they tried to bury it, but there are those of us with long memories and bitter hearts who hold on to things like that.
hmm, making up for when he was in that elementary school on 911 and magically saw the footage of the first WTC plane hit even though it wasn't televised until hours later.

someone should collect all the more horrific stuff the administration did during katrina. remember condolleeza rice going shoe-shopping and the woman yelling at her? there were a lot of things like that that happened.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/09 at 2:53 pm

He didn't have one of them pitcher-radyuhs down thar?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/farmerjohn.gif

Boooolsheeeet!!!  I know no-TV types and he's no no-TV type. 

What's scary is he thought the American people wouldn't call for his head for expecting us to believe the president relies on TV news to tell him what's going on.  What's scarier is he was right!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/iamwithstupid.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/19/09 at 10:00 pm

Well, he did go there...and talked...and...and...oh "you're doing a swell job Brownie"

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/19/09 at 10:01 pm

What the f**k kind of crisis center is handing out Bernie Goldberg books?  Hellooooo!

"Help!  I think I might be too smart!"

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/freak6.gif

In a way...I agree. No one there would have the mind to take that book because it would offend some people since they're mostly left-winged!

There is a book that's called "101 People who are REALLY Screwing-up America" which is a counter-attack of that book!

Written By: Don Carlos on 12/19/09 at 10:04 pm

Bernie Goldberg works for FOX.  He's as dumb as a bag of doorknobs. He's a hate monger and a fear monger.  Nothing more.  He says nothing even worth discussing. 

Yes, so why are we discussing the idiot?

As to  Denis and Nancy, I'm sure Goldbug would agree.  I don't.  They may be not as effective as I would like to see, but that's another issue.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/09 at 11:34 pm

Well, he did go there...and talked...and...and...oh "you're doing a swell job Brownie"

Wasn't it "Brownie, you're doin' a heck of a job?"

:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...