» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: A proposed US war tax. What do you think about it?

Written By: tv on 12/18/09 at 2:11 pm

A few weeks ago US House Member David Obey(D-Wisconisin) proposed a war tax to pay for the wars that we are in now. Are you for or against this war tax? I don;t like taxes but these wars are not gonna pay for themselves. Bush(W.) and the Republicans did nothing to pay for these wars when they were in power. Again I don;t hate either political party but the truth is truth. From what I understand the war tax won;t possibly start until 2011 because of the bad ecomomy in the US, and it would have to pass the House and the Senate.

Subject: Re: A proposed US war tax. What do you think about it?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 12/18/09 at 2:27 pm

One more reason, why I am happy to be in Canada, instead of the States.

::)

Written By: whistledog on 12/18/09 at 5:35 pm

One more reason, why I am happy to be in Canada, instead of the States.

We still pay our fair share of tax, and you never know.  Harper might introduce a War tax

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/18/09 at 6:38 pm

I can support it as long as the funds are lockboxed and not diverted to earmark-type spending.

Written By: Macphisto on 12/18/09 at 9:23 pm

Considering the percentage of the budget that pays for the military and war in general, I'd say the income tax already functions as a war tax.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/09 at 10:31 pm

Considering the percentage of the budget that pays for the military and war in general, I'd say the income tax already functions as a war tax.

That's what I was gonna say.  Might as well have a tax tax!

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/22/09 at 3:20 pm

Here's what I have to say...

Taxes up our asses seems to be the way now!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/22/09 at 3:22 pm

It'll be interesting to see if Republican hawks in the legislature support it.

Check for new replies or respond here...