» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Dick Cheney slams Obama

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/10 at 9:59 am

Apparently, Cheney slammed the President, for "pretending that the war on terror, doesn't exist", for not attacking sooner, after the Spongebob Underpanters Bomber, tried to blow up a plane.

What do the rest of you, make of it?

???

Subject: Re: Dick Cheney slams Obama

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/10 at 10:49 am

Apparently, Cheney slammed the President, for "pretending that the war on terror, doesn't exist", for not attacking sooner, after the Spongebob Underpanters Bomber, tried to blow up a plan.

What do the rest of you, make of it?

???

I think if Al Gore had gone on TV talk shows in September 2001 and said something similar about Bush, there would be an angry lynch mob looking for blood.  It shows a gigantic disrespect for the office he held to behave the way he does.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/06/10 at 12:08 pm

Yeah, because this didn't happen when Bush was in....

Oh, wait....  ::)  ::)  ::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/06/10 at 2:30 pm

Cheney's slamming Obama again?

Someone get the straight-jacket!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/06/10 at 2:46 pm

I think if Al Gore had gone on TV talk shows in September 2001 and said something similar about Bush, there would be an angry lynch mob looking for blood.  It shows a gigantic disrespect for the office he held to behave the way he does.

There was angry lynch mob outside of Number One Observatory Circle in January 2001 screaming "Get out Cheney's house! Get out of Cheney's house" because the Gores hadn't moved out promptly after the inauguration of Bush/Cheney for the election they stole. 

The mob was out there for hours.  I was hoping Cheney himself would have the good taste to condemn the mob's behavior...but he didn't of course.

I always say Cheney is the conscience of the Republican party.
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/06/10 at 10:20 pm

There was angry lynch mob outside of Number One Observatory Circle in January 2001 screaming "Get out Cheney's house! Get out of Cheney's house" because the Gores hadn't moved out promptly after the inauguration of Bush/Cheney for the election they stole.   

The mob was out there for hours.  I was hoping Cheney himself would have the good taste to condemn the mob's behavior...but he didn't of course.

I always say Cheney is the conscience of the Republican party.
::)

And that's why he scares me...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/07/10 at 7:30 am

Cheney has been lambasted all the way around for this.  How many times does he have to hear "who are you to talk?" before he gets it.  He is so smarmy, but there are yahoos(brownshirts) that listen to him, hopefully they are few and far between.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/10 at 8:39 am

Yeah, because this didn't happen when Bush was in....

Oh, wait....  ::)  ::)  ::)

that's right.  It DIDN'T.  The former VP was not on TV every weekend after the election ranting and raving about how Bush was making the country less safe.  I guess that makes 9/11 Al Gore's fault.  He didn't warn us.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/07/10 at 1:40 pm

Well, don't you know that the Bush Administration inherited 9/11?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR93iKtFlcQ

Yup-it was all Clinton's fault-and now it is all Obama's fault.

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/10 at 1:57 pm

Well, don't you know that the Bush Administration inherited 9/11?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR93iKtFlcQ

Yup-it was all Clinton's fault-and now it is all Obama's fault.

I saw that the other day... the stupid, it burns...

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/07/10 at 2:40 pm

If I were Obama, I'd me more upset if Cheney didn't slam me.  Who wants approval from that slimeball? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/10 at 4:50 pm

If I were Obama, I'd me more upset if Cheney didn't slam me.  Who wants approval from that slimeball? 

Good point.  Besides, the more Cheney disrespects Obama, the more he besmirches his own legacy.  Cheney's conduct is universally condemned, except on FOX and right-wing talk radio -- and what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

Written By: Macphisto on 01/07/10 at 8:39 pm

This calls for some serious Dick slamming.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/08/10 at 10:35 am

Clinton recession?  As I recall, Clinton left W with a big fat budget surplus and near full employment!!!???

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/08/10 at 11:45 am

Amen!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/08/10 at 1:19 pm

Clinton recession?  As I recall, Clinton left W with a big fat budget surplus and near full employment!!!???

The dot com stock market dipped right before Bush came into office.  It was a minor blip compared to the recessions that occurred under Bush. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/10 at 4:14 pm

Depends on how serious your Dick is.
:-X

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/08/10 at 5:38 pm

Depends on how serious your Dick is.
:-X

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 01/08/10 at 9:50 pm

that's right.  It DIDN'T.  The former VP was not on TV every weekend after the election ranting and raving about how Bush was making the country less safe.  I guess that makes 9/11 Al Gore's fault.  He didn't warn us.

Sorry, my post was a vague.

My post was more about how Cheney makes it sound like there were no terrorist attacks during Bush's terms(at least by his tone, not by wording) and me stating the truth otherwise.(The Oh wait part)

I do know there were some more attempts on planes(At least one that I've heard of) after 9/11.

Written By: Jessica on 01/09/10 at 1:02 am

*snerk*

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/09/10 at 2:14 am

Cheney's slamming Obama again?

Someone get the straight-jacket!

Larry Craig sees what you did there.  And likes it.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I gotta cast my vote for Bush.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/10 at 12:09 am

He knew how to take his straight jacket off.
:P

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/10/10 at 1:41 pm

(Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I gotta cast my vote for Bush.)

To think...some people now miss Bush!

I didn't vote for Bush because of Cheney...but Neo-Conservativeiam has disadvantages. (I just wish Cheney would do what W did...leave the limelight after being crucified).

Check for new replies or respond here...