» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Massachusetts U.S. Senate Race

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/10/10 at 12:52 am

Brown Leads Coakley 48%-47%

http://www.brownforussenate.com/

Frankly, I cannot believe a Republican can win this race despite Rasmussen and today Public Policy Polling showing the race trending towards Brown.  It's still Massachusetts.

Subject: Re: Massachusetts U.S. Senate Race

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/10/10 at 2:32 am

I don't like either of them.  However, the fact that an obnoxious little puke like Scott Brown is anywhere near close, even on a Ratsmussen poll, is a bad sign for our polity in general.
:(

Written By: Macphisto on 01/10/10 at 3:44 am

I'm assuming Brown must be a moderate Republican.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/10/10 at 10:42 am

I don't like either of them.  However, the fact that an obnoxious little puke like Scott Brown is anywhere near close, even on a Ratsmussen poll, is a bad sign for our polity in general.

Right with you.  I cannot stomach Coakely, and thanks for putting in words what I think of Brown, you hit the nail on the head.  There is a forgotten third, his name is Joe Kennedy, but he is not one of "the Kennedys" and he calls himself an "Independent Libertarian".  His bio is a bit sketchy.  Seems a little bit weird.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/11/10 at 12:33 pm

Brown Leads Coakley 48%-47%

http://www.brownforussenate.com/

Frankly, I cannot believe a Republican can win this race despite Rasmussen and today Public Policy Polling showing the race trending towards Brown.  It's still Massachusetts.

While the state isn't as left-leaning as Fox News makes it out to be, it's still unlikely this guy would win.  He's no moderate, unless you compare him against real wing-nuts like Palin or Cheney.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/ma/10-ma-gov-ge-bvco.php

53% Martha Coakley (D), 36% Scott Brown (R), 5% Joe L. Kennedy (i), 5% undecided

even Ramussen which is generally right-leaning shows a 9% spread.

The real unknown is that because it's not a general election, whether the Dems will bother to show up for what they assume is a won race or if the Republicans can muster their numbers in anticipation that the Dems won't bother show up.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/11/10 at 12:40 pm

and that Public Policy Poll only lists two choices, even though voters have three... Very distorted poll question, which explains why it doesn't seem to jive with the others very well.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 2:20 am

Yeah, if anything that Joke Kennedy will take votes away from Scott Brown. 

I can't stand any of them.  Here's my motto:

"Hold your nose and vote for Coakley!"

However, I just swore off the Democrats.  The town says I'm still registered as a Democrat.  I never officially changed it to Independent, but I will.  I especially don't like Coakley.  She tried to railroad the au pair Louise Woodward on shabby evidence.  She helped Janey-baby Swift deny clemency to Gerald Amerault, she fostered the absurd hysteria know as the Aqua Teen Hunger Force bomb scare in Boston back in 2007, and she refused to investigate Mayor Mumbles Menino's office for destruction of all those public emals....BUT the idea of having that insufferable playboy Rep. Scott Brown representing us makes me even sicker.  Yeah, he passed the bar and beat Cheryl Jacques, who was embroiled in her own controversy in 2004, but that family reminds me of the Palins.  He was trying to act all folksy in front of David Gergen, saying, "I'm from Wrentham, and I drive a truck."  To which I shouted at the TV, "and why should I give a flying f**k?"  Back in 1982, while an undergrad at BC, he won Cosmo's Year's Sexiest Man contest, his wife is a local news model, and his daughter is a contestant on American Idol.  Bunch of media whores of you ask me.
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/12/10 at 7:31 am

I watched the debate.  I disagree with Joe Kennedy on just about everything and think he would be awful, but he is the only one who seemed to me genuinely speaking his mind, and the only one who would try to do exactly what he said(which is why I can't vote for him).  Anyone who know anything about the travesty of the Amirault/Fells Acres railroading, which is still going on, and other cases Martha handled, know that she can be self-serving, but then that is pretty much what ambitious DA's do, and why I don't trust any of them. Scott Brown, well he just made me bristle with that "I know better than you attitude".  The commercials with the "over 200,000" pick up truck.  Gimme a break, that may be a pick up, but it is a weekly detailed pick-up, not a working one.  I would like to know what his other ride is, I would guess a Mercedes. He airs a commercial comparing himself to JFK, then he made a big mistake when he said "It is not Ted Kennedys seat"  Too soon to say something like that Scotty, because until an entire generation has passed on that will be Teds seat.  He called Martha "naive".  She may be a lot of things, but naive isn't one, and it is a term that many a female bristled at, myself included, because it harkens to the "you don't understand the way things work little missy" attitude that so many still have to put up with in male dominated professions.
I hold my nose, vote for Coakley, then smash my hand with a hammer.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 12:53 pm

I watched the debate.  I disagree with Joe Kennedy on just about everything and think he would be awful, but he is the only one who seemed to me genuinely speaking his mind, and the only one who would try to do exactly what he said(which is why I can't vote for him).  Anyone who know anything about the travesty of the Amirault/Fells Acres railroading, which is still going on, and other cases Martha handled, know that she can be self-serving, but then that is pretty much what ambitious DA's do, and why I don't trust any of them. Scott Brown, well he just made me bristle with that "I know better than you attitude".  The commercials with the "over 200,000" pick up truck.  Gimme a break, that may be a pick up, but it is a weekly detailed pick-up, not a working one.  I would like to know what his other ride is, I would guess a Mercedes. He airs a commercial comparing himself to JFK, then he made a big mistake when he said "It is not Ted Kennedys seat"  Too soon to say something like that Scotty, because until an entire generation has passed on that will be Teds seat.  He called Martha "naive".  She may be a lot of things, but naive isn't one, and it is a term that many a female bristled at, myself included, because it harkens to the "you don't understand the way things work little missy" attitude that so many still have to put up with in male dominated professions.
I hold my nose, vote for Coakley, then smash my hand with a hammer.

Oh, sure, he might have a pick-up truck with 200,000 miles on it...parked next to the new Lincoln Navigator and the candy-apple Porsche he bought for his daughter!  What's all this calling people by their first names?  He kept calling Coakley "Mawtha."  I thought a conservative would at least know to call her Mrs. Coakley.  Even Sarah Palin made an overture of politeness when she asked Biden, "Mind if I call you Joe?" Turns out she did that because she was too confused to remember Obama's and Biden's name and kept saying Obiden!

Anyway, like most Libertarians, Joe Kennedy (no relation to the Kennedy Kennedys) made a strong stance against foreign entanglements and he showed some understanding for the why an occupied nation's youth will hate the occupiers...but everything he said about domestic issues was gibberish.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/13/10 at 4:32 am

New poll (01/12) by Rasmussen has it as:

Coakley: 49%
Brown: 47%
Kennedy: 3%
Not sure: 2%

Election 2010: Massachusetts Special Senate Election

In the last Rasmussen poll, Coakley's lead was nine percentage points.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/10 at 1:33 pm

New poll (01/12) by Rasmussen has it as:

Coakley: 49%
Brown: 47%
Kennedy: 3%
Not sure: 2%

Election 2010: Massachusetts Special Senate Election

In the last Rasmussen poll, Coakley's lead was nine percentage points.

We'll know next week. 

Written By: Satish on 01/13/10 at 3:14 pm

Hey, I just noticed that Brown's being endorsed by my hero Doug Flutie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/10 at 3:38 pm

Oh dear, what a disappointment!
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/13/10 at 7:27 pm

Flutie! That ********** ? Yeah him and that other ********** Schilling both support Brown, two more reasons not to vote for him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/10 at 1:44 am

Flutie! That ********** ? Yeah him and that other ********** Schilling both support Brown, two more reasons not to vote for him.

Well, back in 1984, Flutie got his 15 minutes of fame, now Scott Brown is getting his 15 minutes of fame, so from one 15-minute famer to another, I think I get it!

(Lest I jinx myself and speak to soon.  Imagine if Scott Brown wins and stays in that seat until he's too old to keep his kidneys running, like Teddy!)
:o

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/10 at 7:23 am

Well, back in 1984, Flutie got his 15 minutes of fame, now Scott Brown is getting his 15 minutes of fame, so from one 15-minute famer to another, I think I get it!

(Lest I jinx myself and speak to soon.  Imagine if Scott Brown wins and stays in that seat until he's too old to keep his kidneys running, like Teddy!)

To be honest, I think Brown will take it.  I hope I am wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Written By: karen on 01/14/10 at 12:03 pm

Advert on Rock FM this morning from some organisation called Emily's List telling everyone how Scott Brown is not independent like he claims.  And that we should vote for Martha ? CUriously the advert wasn't approved by any of the candidates.  First time I've heard that at the end of a political message.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 12:07 am

To be honest, I think Brown will take it.  I hope I am wrong, but I don't have a good feeling about this.

Oh noes!!!  I don't feel so good either...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/puke.gif

Okay everybody, when I say NOT, you say SCOTT.  Ready?

NOT...

SCOTT!!!

NOT...

SCOTT!!!

NOT...

SCOTT!!!

NOT...

SCOTT!!!

NOT...

SCOTT!!!

Now that oughta do it!  Right?
:-\\

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/15/10 at 8:11 am

Brown 50
Coakley 46
Kennedy 3
Undecided 1

http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20100114brown-out_poll_shows_scott_brown_trumping_martha_coakley/srvc=home&position=0

Man, if even Massachusetts doesn't want the health care bill to pass and is ready to dump Obama/Pelosi/Reid, imagine how it'll go for the democrats in the "purple" states this November.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 1:09 pm

What might be happening -- just a thought -- is Democrats are fed up with their party betraying them.  I am going independent.  I certainly feel betrayed.  One does not have to feel betrayed to be betrayed, and the average Republican is betrayed by his party time and again.  Perhaps the Republican dogma --  that you have no inherent right to anything but to be born and compete in the marketplace, and that if you are hurting and deprived of ontological security, it's all your fault, you have displeased God, and you're a loser -- helps keep impoverished Republicans on board. 

Anyway, liberal Democrats used to complain of Democratic leaders being "Republican Lite."  Now they're just Republicans who call themselves Democrats.  There is really only ONE political party with any clout: The Big Money Party.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/16/10 at 11:10 pm

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/01/is_brown_pullin.html

Too close to call seems to be the over-riding theme at this point. 

The article claims there's no pattern, but most of the polls that show Brown ahead appear to be from fairly partisan sources. The last special election like this was for Kennedy back when he won it in the 1970s, which is a vastly different time than now so who might actually show up is a big question mark.

Sadly I hate all the candidates, but the robo-calls from the Republicans all day (at least six in one day) is enough to make me want to go out and vote against them. The Kurt Schilling one was the final straw for my wife who didn't want to bother going to the polls, so um, good job there Brownie.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/17/10 at 1:11 am

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/01/is_brown_pullin.html

Too close to call seems to be the over-riding theme at this point. 

The article claims there's no pattern, but most of the polls that show Brown ahead appear to be from fairly partisan sources. The last special election like this was for Kennedy back when he won it in the 1970s, which is a vastly different time than now so who might actually show up is a big question mark.

Sadly I hate all the candidates, but the robo-calls from the Republicans all day (at least six in one day) is enough to make me want to go out and vote against them. The Kurt Schilling one was the final straw for my wife who didn't want to bother going to the polls, so um, good job there Brownie.

I can only imagine what Howie Carr must be ranting about day after day...and I'd rather leave it at that.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 6:41 pm

I cast my vote for Coakley this morning.  

Coakley ran a TERRIBLE campaign even by Massachusetts complacent Democrat standards.  Jon Stewart summed it up on the Jan. 18 Daily Show. It was on Youtube for about 10 seconds before it got zapped for copyright violation.

“Alright, well it’s not anything a little retail politics can’t overcome. This is Massachusetts baby, get out there due some meetin’ and greetin’. How’s that? She said what now? Apparently when The Boston Globe asked her if she was being too passive in her campaigning, she replied, ‘As opposed to standing outside Fenway Park? In the cold? Shaking hands?’ Let me see if I can field this one for you, YES! What are doing on the campaign trail? Hey, what are handing me this baby for? A kiss? You’re his mom, you kiss him.â€

--JS

I still have my fingers crossed.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/19/10 at 6:49 pm

I cast my vote for Coakley this morning.  

How are the polls running?  Is Brownie gonna win this thang? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 7:03 pm

How are the polls running?  Is Brownie gonna win this thang? ???

Turnout is high on both sides.  The line at my precinct wasn't very long, but I was there at 9:00 and it was snowing.  It was mostly old people.  I think I showed up at the same time as the bus from the nursing home.  We haven't figured out how to get dead people to vote, like Mayor Daley, but some of 'em had one foot in the grave.  Anyway, I'm pessimistic.  Martha blew it.  Scott whipped it out and Martha blew it!

8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 8:12 pm

8:10 p.m.

Maxwell Smart reporting:

f**k.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cwm10.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/19/10 at 9:55 pm

I just saw where Coakley has conceded defeat.

All I can say to the winner is...

"Brownie, you've done one heck of a job!".  8)

Newton's third law is once again demonstrated. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/10 at 10:10 pm

The Mass Dems deserved a loss... they've taken the state for granted for a long time and put someone unqualified to run up against the whole GOP. (let's face it, the GOP had nothing to lose here).

I don't deserve the douchebag as my Senator though...

I love listening to Fox News spin it like healthcare will be defeated.  Guess again guys.  The Senate doesn't need a filibuster proof majority if they pass the House version without changes.  The party of No will make it difficult to pass much else for the rest of the year though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 11:04 pm

I just saw where Coakley has conceded defeat.

All I can say to the winner is...

"Brownie, you've done one heck of a job!".  8)

Newton's third law is once again demonstrated. 

No, Newton went for Coakley 2 to 1, but it's still pretty F'd up Brown won in Mass at all!
;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 11:25 pm

The Mass Dems deserved a loss... they've taken the state for granted for a long time and put someone unqualified to run up against the whole GOP. (let's face it, the GOP had nothing to lose here).

I don't deserve the douchebag as my Senator though...

I love listening to Fox News spin it like healthcare will be defeated.  Guess again guys.  The Senate doesn't need a filibuster proof majority if they pass the House version without changes.  The party of No will make it difficult to pass much else for the rest of the year though.

The last time Massachusetts sent a first-term Republican senator to Washington was forty-two years ago when Edward Brooke  defeated Chub Peabody in the 1966 race!  Regardless of the fact that Brooke was a liberal African-American Republican who beat the Boston Brahmin Endicott Peabody, Brown is STILL no Ed Brooke.  Brown is a male version of Sarah Palin and I don't anticipate he will get reelected...unless the Dems best my worst expectations yet again!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/20/10 at 12:00 am

The last time Massachusetts sent a first-term Republican senator to Washington was forty-two years ago when Edward Brooke  defeated Chub Peabody in the 1966 race!  Regardless of the fact that Brooke was a liberal African-American Republican who beat the Boston Brahmin Endicott Peabody, Brown is STILL no Ed Brooke.  Brown is a male version of Sarah Palin and I don't anticipate he will get reelected...unless the Dems best my worst expectations yet again!

It never ceases to amaze me that the Republicans can convince such a large number of people to vote against their own best interests.

Mass. just elected the most junior member of the senate minority party.  He's going to be pretty damn useless except as a tool of the national Republican party in blocking legislation.  They can't offer the state anything, because the GOP has no ability to pass new legislation.  I'm sure Brown himself will be rewarded generously by his corporate masters, but that does nothing for the people who voted for him. If he breaks from the Republican rank and file to join the Dems it won't really win him any favors with his party and probably won't help his re-election ability anyways.

If we don't have to hear from Chokley again, it might have been worth it in the long run. Didn't know a single Dem that wanted her.  Kind of the Kerry 2004 problem.  No one wanted him, so they were mostly voting against Bush.  That frankly does not encourage a turn out.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/20/10 at 1:15 am

Brown = Romney part 2

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 5:13 am

It never ceases to amaze me that the Republicans can convince such a large number of people to vote against their own best interests.

Mass. just elected the most junior member of the senate minority party.  He's going to be pretty damn useless except as a tool of the national Republican party in blocking legislation.  They can't offer the state anything, because the GOP has no ability to pass new legislation.  I'm sure Brown himself will be rewarded generously by his corporate masters, but that does nothing for the people who voted for him. If he breaks from the Republican rank and file to join the Dems it won't really win him any favors with his party and probably won't help his re-election ability anyways.

If we don't have to hear from Chokley again, it might have been worth it in the long run. Didn't know a single Dem that wanted her.  Kind of the Kerry 2004 problem.  No one wanted him, so they were mostly voting against Bush.  That frankly does not encourage a turn out.

Exactly.  The only good thing about this is Martha will feel the brunt of this obvious f-up. 

Did anyone watch Browns speech.  Was I the only one cringing when he pimped out his daughters?

Written By: philbo on 01/20/10 at 6:02 am

Brown = Romney part 2

Is he really that bad?

Was I the only one cringing when he pimped out his daughters?

You're about the third person I've read has used that phrase - given that I don't *think* you mean it literally, what did he actually do/say?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 6:13 am

Is he really that bad?
You're about the third person I've read has used that phrase - given that I don't *think* you mean it literally, what did he actually do/say?

He introduced his two daughter Arianna and Ayla and went on to say that they were both available, Ayla was on American Idol and Arianna is pre-med at Syracuse, oh wait, no, Arianna isn't available(Dad forgot his daughter has a significant), but Ayla is. It was very weird, but goes along with his somewhat narcissistic personality.  Maybe he and Ayla can pose together the way Mylie and Billy Ray Cyrus did.  I'm not sure you saw the picture I posted in another thread.  In 1982 he posed in Cosmo, one of those sexiest man things.  It was full frontal, but they cleaned it up for the internet.

http://thepoliticalclass.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b6e9e8970b0120a791e534970b-pi

Written By: philbo on 01/20/10 at 8:48 am

Thank you.. I *really* didn't need to see that :p

He introduced his two daughter Arianna and Ayla and went on to say that they were both available,

That *is* kind of a weird thing for a father to say in a victory speech...

But then.. what would you expect about someone who names his daughter an anagram of "anal by row" (or "Aryan blow".. or even "Wy oral ban")?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/10 at 9:01 am

I think the Democratic party muckity mucks are crapping bricks this morning.

In Massachussets... where there is what, a 3:1 registration advantage of Dems over Repubs... in an election to fill TED F'n KENNEDY'S seat, a Republican wins by a 52/47 margin...  That's as bad as it gets.  This fall is gonna be a bloodbath in the various Congressional elections.  At the end of the day, Brown, whether you like him or not, was directly elected by DEMOCRATS.  Even if every single Republican in the state voted for Brown, that still leaves only a 25% vote for him.  27% of his 52-point result were Democrats (and Indies) and that's the minimum figure.  A more realistic figure is that prolly 33-35 of those 52 points were cast by dems.

Coakley's people are blaming the national politicians.  National guys are blaming the state guys.  Nothing new there.

So the question of the day is not "will the 2010 congressional elections be a bloodbath" but rather "Wil the Democratic Party have the solidarity to pass the Senate Health Care Bill in the House?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Added thought... Brown's Cosmo spread is said to have been photochopped for the 'net.  Yet I just did a Google Image Search and do not find any FuFro versions of this pic.  And if there were a FuFro version out there, you can be sure somebody woulda posted a pic of Senator Johnson.  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 01/20/10 at 9:14 am

He introduced his two daughter Arianna and Ayla and went on to say that they were both available, Ayla was on American Idol and Arianna is pre-med at Syracuse, oh wait, no, Arianna isn't available(Dad forgot his daughter has a significant), but Ayla is. It was very weird, but goes along with his somewhat narcissistic personality.  Maybe he and Ayla can pose together the way Mylie and Billy Ray Cyrus did.  I'm not sure you saw the picture I posted in another thread.  In 1982 he posed in Cosmo, one of those sexiest man things.  It was full frontal, but they cleaned it up for the internet.

http://thepoliticalclass.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b6e9e8970b0120a791e534970b-pi

Ayla.....I remember seeing her on American Idol (when I actually watched it many moons ago).  She was a snotty little bitch, and I cheered my ass off when they booted her.  She was an entitled, self-centered brat.  I don't pay much attention to the goings on in Massachusetts, but if the daughter is that bad that I remember her almost four years later, then I can only imagine what the dad is like.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/20/10 at 9:24 am

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3366/pagjjpoga.png

Still cannot believe a Republican won statewide in Massachusetts like this.  Hopefully the health care bill dies now.  Doubt the Senate will want to pass the House's version that restricts any taxpayer money spent in this health care bill going towards paying for abortions.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/10 at 9:32 am

I am hoping that this will be a wake-up call to Obama & the Dems.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/20/10 at 9:53 am

He introduced his two daughter Arianna and Ayla and went on to say that they were both available, Ayla was on American Idol

Hmm... I googled Ayla.  I guess this is not the same Ayla Brown.  ;D

http://obama.3cdn.net/b6823f1bf4629a808b_43m6bnnue.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 11:30 am

Hmm... I googled Ayla.  I guess this is not the same Ayla Brown.  ;D

Ayla Brown

http://www.poptower.com/images/db/11/420/300/ayla-brown.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 11:33 am

Ayla.....I remember seeing her on American Idol (when I actually watched it many moons ago).  She was a snotty little bitch, and I cheered my ass off when they booted her.  She was an entitled, self-centered brat.  I don't pay much attention to the goings on in Massachusetts, but if the daughter is that bad that I remember her almost four years later, then I can only imagine what the dad is like.

A friend of mine went to school with Scott Brown,  She is her fathers daughter, apple not falling far and all that.

Written By: philbo on 01/20/10 at 11:38 am

A friend of mine went to school with Scott Brown,  She is her fathers daughter, apple not falling far and all that.

So how long do you think we'll have to wait for the full-frontal pix in Cosmo?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 11:40 am

I don't know.  I never saw them, but I heard they are out there.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 11:46 am

Radio talk jock Michael Graham, a Brown supporter,  showed up at work in a brown shirt to celebrate.  I don't think that is the image the party would like Brown to portray.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/10 at 12:52 pm

Well, Danoota, Max, & Chucky. I guess you can't say, "Don't blame me, I'm from Mass" anymore.

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/10 at 3:02 pm

All three of us are from Coakley cities.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/10 at 6:08 pm

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3366/pagjjpoga.png

Still cannot believe a Republican won statewide in Massachusetts like this.  Hopefully the health care bill dies now.  Doubt the Senate will want to pass the House's version that restricts any taxpayer money spent in this health care bill going towards paying for abortions.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/01/19/us/politics/massachusetts-election-map.html

Thoughts from the map:

My town of Amherst went 84.0% for Coakley.  The only towns with a higher percentage for Coakley are:
Cambridge: 84.1%
Provincetown: 84.1%

Coakley won her hometown of Pittsfield, near the New York border, with 69.5% of the vote, and Medford, just outside of Boston, where she lives now, with 57.1% of the vote.  She won Boston, the capital and largest city in the state (pop. approx. 620 thousand), with 68.7%.  

Highest for Brown are

Douglas: 73.7%
Wrentham: 72.7%
Tolland: 72.5%

All three of these are tiny towns.  The largest city Brown won is Lowell (pop. approx. 105 thousand) with 51.%

Wrentham is a little town on the Rhode Island border where Brown lives now.  He won his hometown of Wakefield, a suburb north of Boston, with 60.3% of the vote.  

It appears from the New York Times map that Coakley won all of Berkshire County, the westernmost county in the state (except for Douglas and Hawley, each tied with 63 votes apiece in the latter), and most of the western counties of Franklin and Hampshire.  Hampden, town-for-town, went for Brown, but Coakley won Springfield, the big city (pop approx. 154 thousand), with 61.7% of the vote.  However, Brown won Chicopee, the second largest city in Hampden (pop. approx. 54 thousand) with 53.1%.  

As predictable with Democratic demographics, Coakley tended to win cities with larger minority ethnic populations:  Boston, Worcester, Lawrence, and Holyoke.  Exceptions here being Chicopee, which has a sizable Latino population, and Lowell, which has significant population of Latinos and Asians.  Coakley won the so-called "college towns," Boston, Cambridge, Amherst, Northampton, and South Hadley.  Coakley also won in those high-income suburbs west of Boston with "liberal" values: Cambridge, Newton, Brookline, Lexington, Lincoln, Belmont, and Concord.  She won Wellesly by only 8 votes and lost adjacent Weston by a few hundred votes.  Weston is one of the wealthiest towns in the state and has generally gone for the more liberal candidate, but not this time.  Similar showing in a few other affluent "liberal" towns: She  barely won in Newburyport, on the North Shore, which would have been a should have been a shoe-in for her, and she lost Andover, which she really should have won.  Coakley, as expected, won the upper arm portion of Cape Cod, including Wellfleet and Provincetown (P-town!), and the islands (Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket).  

As predictable with Republican demographics, Brown won the Boston suburbs with a higher portion of working class whites, such as Waltham, Revere, Dedham, Randolph, and Quincy.  He won the affluent, bot more conservative South Shore, such as Weymouth, Hingham, Duxbury, Marshfield (which only looks working class compared to Duxbury!), and Bridgewater.  He also won other rich enclaves, such as Dover and Marblehead.  He won most of Bristol and Plymouth counties, south of Boston, except for the high-population, low-income cities of Fall River and New Bedford.  He won most of Barnstable County (Cape Cod), except for the upper arm of the Cape, which was solid for Coakley from Easton to Provincetown.  Those portions of the Cape, and Dukes and Nantucket counties (the islands) are high income, very gay-friendly, and the vacation spots for rich liberals.  Interestingly, he won the town of Barnstable where the Kennedys have a compound in the village of Hyannis Port.  

Brown won most of (rural) Central Massachusetts, including all of Worcester County, except the city of Worcester as mentioned above.  Norfolk and Middlesex counties, surrounding of Boston were divided between the two as discussed above.  Brown won most of Essex County in the Northeast, except Salem, Newburyport, the impoverished cities of Lynn and Lawrence, and the Cape Anne fishing towns Gloucester and Rockport.  

Coakley won most of  Suffolk County, except Revere and Winthrop, but Suffolk is basically shorthand for the portion of Greater Boston including  Boston proper and the neighborhoods of Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan, the three of which are home to the highest concentration of African-Americans in the state.  

The rural areas of Franklin and Berkshire have tracked more liberal in the past generation.  I am certain Coakley would have fared worse in the far western areas if she was not a Pittsfield native.  

The map on the right (click on the link) demonstrates why this special election was a total blowout for the Democrats.  Even in Amherst, the percentage of Dems turning out to vote dropped by 2.9% compared to the 2008 election.  In Cambridge, it was -3.9%.  In ultra-liberal Provincetown, it was -3.6%, and those are the most positive numbers for Democrats in towns of any sizable population.  Sure, little liberal towns nearby Amherst, such as Pelham, Leverett, and Cummington dropped by less than Amherst.  Cummington has a population of 978 total and it dropped by only -0.7%!  Meanwhile, in the inverted funnel-shaped swath of towns from central to the south eastern and western portions of the state all dropped in Democratic share of the vote by double digits.  North Attleborough, for instance, dropped by 22.5%!  There are several communities that had 20+ point drops in Democratic turnout.  Boston itself dropped by 10.2%.  Barney Frank is right, don't even think about questioning the results.  This was a devastating loss for the Democrats and an indication that they can't take 2008 as an indicator of things to come.

THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY SERIOUSLY F88KED UP HERE! FIGURE IT OUT, GUYS, OR 1994 WILL LOOK LIKE A SUNDAY PICNIC COMPARED TO 2010!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/10 at 6:39 pm

Well, Danoota, Max, & Chucky. I guess you can't say, "Don't blame me, I'm from Mass" anymore.

Cat

That was finished 20 years ago when we elected Bill Weld for governor because John Silber (D), the sourpuss president of BU, didn't make us liberals feeeel good about ourselves.  BTW, I held my nose and voted for that poison toad of a man while others in my family voted for Weld because he was pro-choice and seemed like a nicer guy. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/20/10 at 7:04 pm

Look's like my prediction, of Obama getting only one term, could come true, after all.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/20/10 at 8:03 pm

All three of us are from Coakley cities.   ;)

not quite... I'm actually in Auburn, which went overwhelmingly for Brown.  Our state rep is GOP as well.

I think people are reading a lot more into this election than they should.  Coakley was not liked by the Dems.  The only reason people showed up was to vote for Brown, not because they wanted to vote for Coakley.  Even the people who voted for her didn't want to vote for her.  The party thought they could push through someone with some name recognition and it didn't work out. It's great fodder for the mouth pieces on TV, but not a real indication of anything outside of Massachusetts.

While the House probably won't push forward with the Senate bill unchanged, I doubt the Dems are going to pack up and call it day.

Beck and the rest of the hard-right nutbags are already calling Brown out as "not one of their own".  Like I said last night, we managed to elect a guy his own party wants nothing to do with, aside from using him for filibusters.  What the Dems need to do now is start calling the Right out, and actually make them carry out a real filibuster instead of merely threaten a filibuster and then say "oh well, ok". 

Cosmo had never had full-frontal nudity in it so far as I'm aware.  I'm sure if they had, more would have appeared by now.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/20/10 at 8:45 pm

In Massachussets... where there is what, a 3:1 registration advantage of Dems over Repubs...

It's a common misconception that Massachusetts is left wing.  Socially, it is pretty liberal.

Economically, however, it's more middle of the road.  There are more independents among Massachusetts voters than Democrats or Republicans.  Roughly speaking, there are 1.5 million registered Democrats, half a million Republicans, and 2 million independents.

Brown likely won because he appealed to moderately conservative independent voters -- white suburban voters often fit this description.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/20/10 at 8:49 pm

Look's like my prediction, of Obama getting only one term, could come true, after all.

That's possible, but it all depends on if the GOP actually runs a moderate candidate.  If they go for a right wing candidate, Obama will be re-elected.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/10 at 8:50 pm

not quite... I'm actually in Auburn, which went overwhelmingly for Brown.  Our state rep is GOP as well.

I think people are reading a lot more into this election than they should.  Coakley was not liked by the Dems.  The only reason people showed up was to vote for Brown, not because they wanted to vote for Coakley.  Even the people who voted for her didn't want to vote for her.  The party thought they could push through someone with some name recognition and it didn't work out. It's great fodder for the mouth pieces on TV, but not a real indication of anything outside of Massachusetts.

While the House probably won't push forward with the Senate bill unchanged, I doubt the Dems are going to pack up and call it day.

Beck and the rest of the hard-right nutbags are already calling Brown out as "not one of their own".  Like I said last night, we managed to elect a guy his own party wants nothing to do with, aside from using him for filibusters.   What the Dems need to do now is start calling the Right out, and actually make them carry out a real filibuster instead of merely threaten a filibuster and then say "oh well, ok". 

Brown wasn't savvy enough to finesse his way around the abortion question.  He said he would would want that option for his daughter if "God forbid" something terrible happen to her.  He's a lawyer, he should know better than to mention something personal like that unless somebody forced the question.  The thing is, I think most conservatives -- even most staunch pro-lifers -- agree with Brown.  The hard-right nutbags, not be confused with the hard right nutbags, are overrepresented in the leadership of the GOP and in the right-wing media.  

Nobody likes to feel taken for granted, and I think that's how a lot of Democrats feel in Massachusetts.  Coakley pissed a lot of people off, including me.  It was the classic negative vote tactic; at least our guy is not as bad as their guy.  I'm tired of that.  Coakley came across as arrogant and tin-eared but not an airhead.  Brown sold himself as an airhead.  He reminds me of Joe Buck from Midnight Cowboy!  My name is Scott Brown, and I know three things:

1. My name is Scott Brown.
2. I'm from Wrentham.
3. I drive a truck.

Come on, Scott, you're not that dumb.  Hey, what can I say, people eat it up.  He's a good-looking nice guy who don't think he's any better than you or me, y'know?  He's one of us.  

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/10 at 9:17 pm

It's a common misconception that Massachusetts is left wing.  Socially, it is pretty liberal.

Economically, however, it's more middle of the road.   There are more independents among Massachusetts voters than Democrats or Republicans.  Roughly speaking, there are 1.5 million registered Democrats, half a million Republicans, and 2 million independents.

Brown likely won because he appealed to moderately conservative independent voters -- white suburban voters often fit this description.

Massachusetts a geographically a much smaller state than California, but like California, it is home to far more conservatives than its stereotype suggests.  The difference between the Cambridge and Duxbury is as great as the difference between Berkeley and San Diego.

There still is a cultural difference between a conservative in Massachusetts and a conservative in Alabama, but this difference is 300 years in the making.  It's not going to change just because the Republican party keeps pushing Alabama-style conservatism.

More to the point, Brown actually got out there and campaigned and people got to know him.  He didn't start out assuming the seat vacated by the late Ted Kennedy belonged to the Democrats.  Coakley went to the Caribbean instead of campaigning and called Curt Schilling a Yankees fan.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/20/10 at 11:18 pm

Look's like Fox News, is giddy about it....

They are like....

"He is the new president, and oooooooooooooooohhhhh soooooooo dreamy!!!!!!!  Eat it, Obama! You are no longer the pres! Scott Brown is!!!!!!!"

Written By: philbo on 01/21/10 at 5:25 am

Brown wasn't savvy enough to finesse his way around the abortion question.  He said he would would want that option for his daughter if "God forbid" something terrible happen to her.

"Something terrible"???

..who knows, it might actually have been quite fun.  On the other way of reading that, I think it's a bit late to abort either of his daughters.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/21/10 at 7:02 am

Look's like Fox News, is giddy about it....

They are like....

"He is the new president, and oooooooooooooooohhhhh soooooooo dreamy!!!!!!!  Eat it, Obama! You are no longer the pres! Scott Brown is!!!!!!!"

Actually, I think they will run Brown for president...and I think he could win. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/21/10 at 9:14 am

Perhaps the high visibility of Brown and his two daughters means that Massachussets has embarked upon the launch of a new political dynasty.  "Camelot II", if you will.

It's true! It's true! Brown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
A Dem or Kennedy would get the slot.
But Brown ended that show here
In Camelot.
Repubs were forbidden till December
Always lost on the ball-lot.
Cars were used as submarines
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
SEIU campaigned until sundown.
By eight am, the poll leads disappeared.
In short, there's simply not
A more Republican spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
No back-doored healthcare laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
A more Cosmopolitan spot
In Camelot.

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/21/10 at 11:14 am

Perhaps the high visibility of Brown and his two daughters means that Massachussets has embarked upon the launch of a new political dynasty.  "Camelot II", if you will.

It's true! It's true! Brown has made it clear.
The climate must be perfect all the year.

A law was made a distant moon ago here:
A Dem or Kennedy would get the slot.
But Brown ended that show here
In Camelot.
Repubs were forbidden till December
Always lost on the ball-lot.
Cars were used as submarines
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it sounds a bit bizarre,
But in Camelot, Camelot
That's how conditions are.
SEIU campaigned until sundown.
By eight am, the poll leads disappeared.
A more Republican spot
In Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
No back-doored healthcare laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
A more Cosmopolitan spot
In Camelot.

;D

Encore! Encore!

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/21/10 at 11:18 am

Sigh.....

Obama is like Conan, trying his best to do his job, that was inherited after a lame duck, was in office, the people loved him, but then his ratings dropped, and was he unceremoniously dropped like an anvil, and replaced by a another lame duck.

And Obama spent more time at his job, than Conan did!

So congrads, Republicans, you win again.....

Written By: philbo on 01/21/10 at 11:30 am

Obama is like Conan, trying his best to do his job, that was inherited after a lame duck, was in office, the people loved him, but then his ratings dropped, and was he unceremoniously dropped like an anvil, and replaced by a another lame duck.

Conan?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/21/10 at 11:36 am

Conan?

No, like this this dude....

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/conan-obrien.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/10 at 2:57 pm

"Something terrible"???

..who knows, it might actually have been quite fun.  On the other way of reading that, I think it's a bit late to abort either of his daughters.

Rape.  If Scott Brown's daughter was raped, she should be able to get an abortion.  The rule amongst all but the most radical conservatives is that if you had fun doing it, you have to keep it.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/21/10 at 3:45 pm

Gee, what a tragedy.

Because everyone knows that one-party rule is perfectly all right, so long as the "good guys" are in power.  ::) ::) ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/21/10 at 4:03 pm

Gee, what a tragedy.

Because everyone knows that one-party rule is perfectly all right, so long as the "good guys" are in power.  ::) ::) ::)

I don't know about that.  I do know that if Coakley had won, I wouldn't be terribly enthused about anything.

Written By: tv on 01/21/10 at 7:16 pm

I think the Democratic party muckity mucks are crapping bricks this morning.

In Massachussets... where there is what, a 3:1 registration advantage of Dems over Repubs... in an election to fill TED F'n KENNEDY'S seat, a Republican wins by a 52/47 margin...  That's as bad as it gets.  This fall is gonna be a bloodbath in the various Congressional elections.  At the end of the day, Brown, whether you like him or not, was directly elected by DEMOCRATS.  Even if every single Republican in the state voted for Brown, that still leaves only a 25% vote for him.  27% of his 52-point result were Democrats (and Indies) and that's the minimum figure.   A more realistic figure is that prolly 33-35 of those 52 points were cast by dems.

Coakley's people are blaming the national politicians.  National guys are blaming the state guys.  Nothing new there.

So the question of the day is not "will the 2010 congressional elections be a bloodbath" but rather "Wil the Democratic Party have the solidarity to pass the Senate Health Care Bill in the House?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Added thought... Brown's Cosmo spread is said to have been photochopped for the 'net.  Yet I just did a Google Image Search and do not find any FuFro versions of this pic.  And if there were a FuFro version out there, you can be sure somebody woulda posted a pic of Senator Johnson.  ;D
I heard somewherre that 22% of registered democrats voted for Brown

Written By: tv on 01/21/10 at 7:23 pm

Just to throw an idea out there but I think one of the reasons that Brown got elected was for checks & balances..... see Massachusetts had a Republican Governor from 1992-2006 but had a democratic legislaure all that time I think.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/21/10 at 8:53 pm

Gee, what a tragedy.

Dissent is healthy for a republic, but what isn't healthy about how opposition works in the American system is the prevalence of the filibuster.

Very few other democratic republics use the filibuster to the same extent that our system does, and many others don't even allow it (like Australia).  Originally, the filibuster was something devised to keep the majority from having absolute rule.  In the modern age, however, it is more often abused by special interests -- much like what lobbyism has become.

Legitimate dissent is one thing, but obstructionism is another.

Written By: philbo on 01/22/10 at 6:30 am

Dissent is healthy for a republic, but what isn't healthy about how opposition works in the American system is the prevalence of the filibuster.

Very few other democratic republics use the filibuster to the same extent that our system does, and many others don't even allow it (like Australia).  Originally, the filibuster was something devised to keep the majority from having absolute rule.  In the modern age, however, it is more often abused by special interests -- much like what lobbyism has become.

Legitimate dissent is one thing, but obstructionism is another.

WHS

I didn't realize quite how "obstructionist" (is that a word?) US politics is, and you're right it's a check on government that can easily be abused.  What odds the same people who spend all their time blocking legislation simply because it's proposed by the other side will be the same people who shout loudest about Obama not living up to his election promises?

Written By: danootaandme on 01/22/10 at 7:28 am

Just to throw an idea out there but I think one of the reasons that Brown got elected was for checks & balances..... see Massachusetts had a Republican Governor from 1992-2006 but had a democratic legislaure all that time I think.

Abso right.  1991-2006.  Everyone looks at Massachusetts as being one sided, but we do give the Republicans spots in critical areas, but for whatever reason they continue to screw us and themselves.  We had a African American Republican Senator, Ed Brooke, from 1967 to 1979, senior to Ted Kennedy as junior.  Before that he was our Attorney General.  Immediately preceding our current governor, Dem. Deval Patrick, we had Republicans Romney, Swift, Celluci, Weld.  Romney, Celluci, and Weld all left their terms early to take federal appointments(well, Weld tried but got shot down), and Romney screwed Swift in some political maneuvering making her opt out(long story there).  I would say the reason we have a Dem governor now was to send another message.  We let the Repubs have plum spots, they grab the ball and run the wrong way.

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/22/10 at 9:36 am

I heard somewherre that 22% of registered democrats voted for Brown

Well here are some registration figures that I dug up for MA:

Dem: 1,559,464 (37%)
Repub: 490,259 (12%)
Indy: 2,141,878 (50%)
Other: 28,887 (1%)

I never realized that the largest party affiliation in MA is "independent".

Interesting that the part which holds only a 12% registration rate managed to field a candidate who picked up 52% of the votes.

By my rough estimates, if only 22% of the Dems voted for Brown, then about 65% of the Indy's voted for Brown, which is a devastating margin.  And that estimate assumes that 100% of Republican voters voted for Brown.

Sounds to me like the Massachussets Democratic Party took the independents for granted.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/22/10 at 9:55 pm

WHS

I didn't realize quite how "obstructionist" (is that a word?) US politics is, and you're right it's a check on government that can easily be abused.  What odds the same people who spend all their time blocking legislation simply because it's proposed by the other side will be the same people who shout loudest about Obama not living up to his election promises?

Pretty much...  and yeah, obstructionism is kind of an American political colloquial term.  Our Founding Fathers were very concerned about tyrannies of the majority, but they seemed to have underestimated tyrannies of minorities (special interests).

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/23/10 at 12:30 am

Well, there's this screencap his wife did in an 80s rock video:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-01-21-gail1.jpg

But back to your question, if you'll settle for full-frontal bikini on the daughters on the Internet, the answer is "within four hours after your question, in the Huffington Post".

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-01-20-scottbrown1.jpg

I can't wait until Generation Facebook starts running for office.  The lulz will be epic.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/23/10 at 7:48 am

Well, there's this screencap his wife did in an 80s rock video:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-01-21-gail1.jpg

But back to your question, if you'll settle for full-frontal bikini on the daughters on the Internet, the answer is "within four hours after your question, in the Huffington Post".

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-01-20-scottbrown1.jpg

I can't wait until Generation Facebook starts running for office.  The lulz will be epic.

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of my Dad. 

There is somethng sooooo very narcissistic. His wife, Gail Huff, was a news reporter here, and you would have thought she was Sweet Polly Purebred. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/23/10 at 2:39 pm

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of my Dad. 

There is somethng sooooo very narcissistic. His wife, Gail Huff, was a news reporter here, and you would have thought she was Sweet Polly Purebred. 

The last picture, was kinda creepy!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/23/10 at 5:33 pm

The last picture, was kinda creepy!

Glad you think so, thought I might be getting prudish.  I can see young girls wearing those, I don't mind, but I don't know a dad in my wide, wide, world who would want to see his daughters in those suits, let alone have is picture taken with them.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/23/10 at 5:47 pm

WOW BLAST FROM THE PAST

The Girl With the Curious Hand

I Remember Digney Fignus, he is from the Boston area, and I loved this song.  I'm sure Maxwell remembers it.

So here is Mrs. Senator Brown, the part where she squeezes the tube of sunscreen is causing gales of laughter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3JNyIPJEuM

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/23/10 at 7:51 pm

Glad you think so, thought I might be getting prudish.  I can see young girls wearing those, I don't mind, but I don't know a dad in my wide, wide, world who would want to see his daughters in those suits, let alone have is picture taken with them.

But then on the other hand, you probably don't know a dad who did a nude spread in Cosmo either.  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/23/10 at 9:16 pm

WOW BLAST FROM THE PAST

I Remember Digney Fignus, he is from the Boston area, and I loved this song.  I'm sure Maxwell remembers it.

So here is Mrs. Senator Brown, the part where she squeezes the tube of sunscreen is causing gales of laughter.

So he pretty much married Tawny Kitaen.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/24/10 at 3:16 am

WOW BLAST FROM THE PAST

I Remember Digney Fignus, he is from the Boston area, and I loved this song.  I'm sure Maxwell remembers it.

0H-MY-GOD!

That was Gail Huff! I soooo forgot about that video.  Classic!  The sunscreen shot was got a few complaints from V66 viewers, but who the hell remembers V66, except you, me, Chucky, Digney, Gail, and Scott!

That's me on the way to the morgue, BTW, because I didn't get the proper health care, thanks to her future husband.

Remember Digney Fignus is not Scott Brown! As far as I know, he's still a singer/songwriter living in the Boston area.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/10 at 6:17 am

0H-MY-GOD!

That was Gail Huff! I soooo forgot about that video.  Classic!  The sunscreen shot was got a few complaints from V66 viewers, but who the hell remembers V66, except you, me, Chucky, Digney, Gail, and Scott!

That's me on the way to the morgue, BTW, because I didn't get the proper health care, thanks to her future husband.

Remember Digney Fignus is not Scott Brown! As far as I know, he's still a singer/songwriter living in the Boston area.

I googled, he is on MySpace and still touring.  Wonder what his thinks of those curious hands now!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/10 at 6:47 am

But then on the other hand, you probably don't know a dad who did a nude spread in Cosmo either.   ;)

Very true!  Brown said he did it to pay off tuition  ::)  I know a lot of people who went into a lot of debt, but posing for Cosmo wouldn't have been on their list(and yes, I did know a few who would qualify)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/10 at 10:40 am

Very true!  Brown said he did it to pay off tuition  ::)  I know a lot of people who went into a lot of debt, but posing for Cosmo wouldn't have been on their list(and yes, I did know a few who would qualify)

Hey if I had the body, and it did not involve photos of "Senator Johnson" I woulda done a Cosmo spread....  ;D

Written By: Macphisto on 01/25/10 at 2:10 am

Slowly but surely, Idiocracy is becoming reality.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/10 at 5:06 am

I googled, he is on MySpace and still touring.  Wonder what his thinks of those curious hands now!

Digney was one of those Boston guys who seemed like he was about to hit the bigtime but didn't quite get there -- a contemporary of New Man, O Positive, Ball + Pivot, and the Del Fuegos.  He put out a CD about 8 or 10 years  My guess is he had very little to say about that video and Gail Huff just happened to audition and get the nod from management.  I just can't believe the Girl With The Curious Hand, the suntan lotion squirter from 1985 might be our next First Lady.  If that video goes viral, it could give Mr. Fignus something to retire on!
:P

Hey if I had the body, and it did not involve photos of "Senator Johnson" I woulda done a Cosmo spread....  ;D

He was young and he needed the money!

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/26/10 at 8:48 am

THE MEDIA SUCKING UP TO BROWN HAS COMMENCED !  :D

I just saw Ayla Brown on the CBS Morning Show, belting out one of her tunes.

She was not wearing her clamshell bikini, though...

Written By: philbo on 01/26/10 at 12:57 pm

I just saw Ayla Brown on the CBS Morning Show, belting out one of her tunes.

She was not wearing her clamshell bikini, though...

What, topless?  :o

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/27/10 at 10:31 pm

Slowly but surely, Idiocracy is becoming reality.

You know what they say... Science fiction authors are really just historians who happen to be traveling backwards through time...

That was Gail Huff! I soooo forgot about that video.  Classic!  The sunscreen shot was got a few complaints from V66 viewers, but who the hell remembers V66, except you, me, Chucky, Digney, Gail, and Scott!

And that's why I love this board.  You can just throw out a random screencap and within seconds, we have not only the video, but the history of the band.

Check for new replies or respond here...