» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Fox News signs multi-year deal with... Palin.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/11/10 at 8:09 pm

Palin to become Fox "News" Contributor

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will have no shortage of material... heck even the Soup will probably go political with that much ripe material to be coming out soon.

here's how some of the foreign press is treating it:

Belgian News

'Mentally impaired' Palin Signs With Fox News

Sarah Palin will become occasional collaborator with the Republican propaganda channel Fox News, reports the New York Times. "Hockey mum" Palin is not awarded a regular program, but occasionally she will get the opportunity to ventilate her (conservative) views on the small screen .

Running mate

Palin is a former governor of Alaska, and was at the last presidential election the running mate of Republican candidate John McCain. During the campaign she made herself immortal through a string of false statements and outright lies that repeatedly embarrassed the McCain team.

Book

The New York Times has recently received a review copy of "Game Change", a book on the shelves this week that points out how McCain staff feared that Palin was/is "mentally unstable". According to the authors, political journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann, the Grand Old Party was seriously considering how to prevent Palin, in the event McCain won the election and something happened during his term of office, from exchanging the mainly ceremonial role of vice-president with dominance in the White House. Other sources claim that Palin is already being prepared in 2012 to enter the arena as top candidate of the party. (belga / sam)

Subject: Re: Fox News signs multi-year deal with... Palin.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/11/10 at 8:14 pm

She's finally found her niche.  I sure the conservative token girls of Faux will welcome her with open arms.  At least she's not running for anything.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/11/10 at 10:10 pm

I figured that this will happen. She is now hanging with her buddies, right where people have figured that she would be.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/11/10 at 11:33 pm

Wow, how much did the Belgians pay Stewart & Colbert for writing that news bulletin?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/11/10 at 11:59 pm

Wow, how much did the Belgians pay Stewart & Colbert for writing that news bulletin?

I doubt they need to pay them... a Bush disciple such as her would be disliked vehemently by just about anyone outside of the US...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 1:45 am

She was going to take that position of Distinguished Chair of Political Science Department at Princeton, but she doesn't like science, and Rupert Murdoch offered her a gilded Gucci handbag as a signing bonus!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/12/10 at 2:05 pm

Answer is simple, they don't have to. Some news bulletins, just write themselves.

This is one of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/12/10 at 9:05 pm

Answer is simple, they don't have to. Some news bulletins, just write themselves.

This is one of them.

FOX puts the "bull" back in "bulletin."
:D

Written By: Macphisto on 01/13/10 at 1:18 am

Palin is a master at unintentional humor.

Written By: philbo on 01/13/10 at 8:43 am

Palin is a master at unintentional humor.

And intentional humour...

I would like to register a complaint..
I would like to complain about this politician I brought in from A-laska not thirty months ago

Can't help but wonder if the only reason Palin stayed as Governor of Alaska is because she was nailed there.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/10 at 10:40 am

FOX puts the "bull" back in "bulletin."
:D

There is bull going on, all right.

::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/13/10 at 1:08 pm

I don't have cable, so it doesn't affect me. But Palin may be able to run in 2012 for this.

Be warned....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/10 at 1:19 pm

I don't have cable, so it doesn't affect me. But Palin may be able to run in 2012 for this.

Be warned....

You're better off without it.  Cable TV is the greatest time-waster ever devised by mankind.  TV is my heroin.  It's a habituated numbing agent. 

Palin did sign on as a "FOX news contributor."  I don't know the letter of the law, but I'm pretty sure she cannot run for president while on the payroll of a media corporation.  Furthermore, Palin has demonstrated her ignorance of how economics, political science, history, and current events.  She simply does not have the education to be president.  I don't mean "education" as in college degrees, but education in the general sense.  This in itself does not mean she's stupid.  I could not be president for the same reason.  However, I recognize the gaps in my knowledge.  Palin does not, and that's what makes her stupid.  Anyway, I think Palin would rather be a media star.  It's much more fun and a lot less responsibility. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/13/10 at 4:52 pm

You're better off without it.  Cable TV is the greatest time-waster ever devised by mankind.  TV is my heroin.  It's a habituated numbing agent.

Cable TV Sold-Out the last 8 years, right after 9/11 (Which everything and I mean everything in the entertainment world just went down like the towers...no pun intended)!

Written By: Brian06 on 01/13/10 at 5:00 pm

How "fair and balanced" of them.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/13/10 at 6:33 pm

I saw Palin on Glenn Beck's show.  I thought the two of them were gonna jump each other's bones right there on the set!
8-P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/13/10 at 6:43 pm

I saw Palin on Glenn Beck's show.  I thought the two of them were gonna jump each other's bones right there on the set!
8-P

Can't get bad image out of mind!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/13/10 at 7:02 pm

8-P

It's platonic . . . but I don't know for how long. 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/10 at 1:48 am

It's platonic . . . but I don't know for how long. 8-P

I tell ya, it was Romeo and Juliet, it was Sonny and Cher, it was luuuuv about to happen.  I think the two of them checked into the Howard Johnson's, no luggage! 
:P

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/10 at 1:30 pm

8-P

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/beck-calls-bullcrap-on-palins-non-answer-about-favorite-founding-father.php

these guy seemed to think even Beck took her to task a bit

Q: "Who's your favorite Founder?"
A: "All of them"

>forehead slap<

Honestly... are the conservatives still believing that Katie Couric "had it in for her" when even people sympathetic to her get the same nonsensical answers to softball questions?

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/14/10 at 6:47 pm

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/01/beck-calls-bullcrap-on-palins-non-answer-about-favorite-founding-father.php

>forehead slap<

Honestly... are the conservatives still believing that Katie Couric "had it in for her" when even people sympathetic to her get the same nonsensical answers to softball questions?

I don't know about others, but I think declaration of independence, during which, of course G. Wash was much to busy of the various battle fronts to bring anybody together.  Think rather of the compromises of Jefferson, Adam and Franklyn which finally got southern support.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/10 at 11:57 pm

There was an uncomfortable pause, and then "All of them."  It's funny, the only one they could agree upon -- in fact, the only one either mentioned -- was George Washington.  Washington was the general who won the American Revolution and he was the first president.  No small potatoes there.  He did not sign the Declaration of Independence in 1776.  He did preside over the Philadelphia Convention in 1787; however Washington did not have the same kind of bearing on the philosophical and legislative framing of the Constitution as Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Adams, Franklin, or Jay.  One could argue that Enlightenment philosophers such as Locke, Voltaire, and Rousseau had a greater effect on the ideas leading to colonial revolt against tyrannical monarchs than George Washington.  This does not diminish the importance of Washington in U.S. history.  I just mention it because the right-wingers keep going on about what our Founding Fathers really meant philosophically.  Thus, if I was Palin's coach, I would have told her to say Jefferson, who drafted the Declaration of Independence, rather than Washington, who fought the war.

Unfortunately, the tea baggers are not about "Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write" (Voltaire), but "Let us stand around and bleat like nervous sheep!"

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/15/10 at 12:05 am

Thus, if I was Palin's coach, I would have told her to say Jefferson, who drafted the Declaration of Independence, rather than Washington, who fought the war.

if I were Palin's coach I'd tell her to try and remember at least one name of someone from history and wink a few times.  It's about all that I would expect her to be able to remember and I doubt her target audience would know any better.  You're giving them too much credit, her target audience doesn't care about history unless it occurred 2000 years ago and even then they don't really know what is, only that they can use it as an excuse.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 12:31 am

if I were Palin's coach I'd tell her to try and remember at least one name of someone from history and wink a few times.  It's about all that I would expect her to be able to remember and I doubt her target audience would know any better.  You're giving them too much credit, her target audience doesn't care about history unless it occurred 2000 years ago and even then they don't really know what is, only that they can use it as an excuse.

"I don't care about history,
'cos that's not where I wanna be!"
--The Ramones

They were part of my favorite philosophical school, "Rock 'n' Roll High School."  Oh baby, fun fun!

Two hundred years ago or two thousand years ago, Washington and Christ can't get their agents to book them on the Glenn Beck Show to say, "Now let me tell you what I really meant."  

I used to be against teaching the Bible in public schools, but now I'm not so sure.  If we are going to have these funny-mentalists running around defining Christianity for us and exerting undue influence on economic policy, perhaps we better teach kids at least the Sermon on the Mount so they know Jesus wasn't about tax cuts for the rich and killing other people so you can take their stuff away from them.

Blessed are the cheesemakers?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/15/10 at 12:38 am

Can't help but wonder if the only reason Palin stayed as Governor of Alaska is because she was nailed there.

Since we don't have kings here, I'd nail it so hard whoever pulled me out would become President of America! 

Fapfapf...

8-P

ap....wait, wut?

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii129/koifish123/bunnyimagecs1.jpg

Ah, a much better image!  Thanks, Chucky!

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 01/15/10 at 4:02 pm

>forehead slap<

Didn't you read the locked thread?  They are alive and well ::)

Written By: tv on 01/16/10 at 6:33 pm

There was an uncomfortable pause, and then "All of them."  It's funny, the only one they could agree upon -- in fact, the only one either mentioned -- was George Washington.  Washington was the general who won the American Revolution and he was the first president.  No small potatoes there.  He did not sign the Declaration of Independence in 1776.  He did preside over the Philadelphia Convention in 1787; however Washington did not have the same kind of bearing on the philosophical and legislative framing of the Constitution as Jefferson, Madison, Hamilton, Adams, Franklin, or Jay.  One could argue that Enlightenment philosophers such as Locke, Voltaire, and Rousseau had a greater effect on the ideas leading to colonial revolt against tyrannical monarchs than George Washington.  This does not diminish the importance of Washington in U.S. history.  I just mention it because the right-wingers keep going on about what our Founding Fathers really meant philosophically.  Thus, if I was Palin's coach, I would have told her to say Jefferson, who drafted the Declaration of Independence, rather than Washington, who fought the war.

Unfortunately, the tea baggers are not about "Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write" (Voltaire), but "Let us stand around and bleat like nervous sheep!"
Yeah I agree she can;t say all of them like she said with Katie Couric when Katie Couric asked Palin what magazines do you read and Palin said all of them. I don;t think its too hard to settle on a favorite magazine. Palin kept on sating saying Democrat Party, like 2-3 times in an interview with Sean Hannity this week. No Sarah, its Democratic Party not Democrat Party. Also, she didn't to say "National Security" 3-4 times to Sean Hannity in a span of 2 minutes it felt like to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...