» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Pat Robertson blames Haitian "deal with the devil" for quake

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/10 at 1:27 am

Just when you thought the biggest dick of them all couldn't possibly get any dickier, he does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nraknWoes

Yeah, he says the Hatians made a deal with the devil to get rid of the French.  You know what he's REALLY saying here, right?  In Haiti, the black man fought the white man and won...and this what happens when you trifle with God's set order of hierarchy!  He shall smite your great-great-great-great grandchildren!

And also Reverend Traveling Medicine Show, Haiti was and is a Roman Catholic country.  Only a tiny percentage practice "Vodou" rites.  Vodou gets a lot of attention because it is a lot of attention because its rites are so peculiar to Europeans, but even in the slave days, most of them folks was regular Catholic Church goin' folks, same as they'd be if they lived in NYC!  You know that, Pat, and I know that, but a lot of dumb motherf**kers who listen to you are gonna think they were practicing Satanism down there for the past 300 years.  It's still a sin to tell a lie through implication like that, Pat!  Its the same BS you were pulling about Rwanda 15 years ago.  That country was 90% Christian but you told us it was all on the count of "the Hootsies and the Tootsies" lacking Judeo-Christian values. 

I'm glad you're not out there with the rest of the misled flock saying the earthquake in Haiti is the worst catastrophe in the western hemisphere in the 500 years, and we all should rush to their aide!  You best not to give no cash to those Satan-worshiping uppity people.  Send it to Pat instead!

8-P

Subject: Re: Pat Robertson blames Haitian "deal with the devil" for quake

Written By: Frank on 01/14/10 at 1:55 am

Pat, please remove foot from mouth.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/14/10 at 2:45 am

Harry was foot-in-mouth.  Pat really means it.  He doesn't like black people getting uppity, that's for sure.  You tend to fear that when you own African diamond mines, like Pat does. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/14/10 at 8:03 am

Well, we know it was the homosexuals who caused 9/11, too.  ::)

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 01/14/10 at 9:04 am

Asshole.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/14/10 at 9:23 am

Asshole.

You said it.  People like him are the reason people think Christians are closed minded, hateful people.  I promise you 99% of us aren't.  It's just that people like him are loud.

Written By: Frank on 01/14/10 at 12:00 pm

You said it.  People like him are the reason people think Christians are closed minded, hateful people.  I promise you 99% of us aren't.  It's just that people like him are loud.

Yup, I'd go with about 98% aren't like him.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/14/10 at 2:15 pm

I've heard he based it on some crap that a born-again who was from Haiti said many years ago.  So he didn't just pull that one from out of the blue.  Of course he probably distorted it to the point where the original story is unrecognizable.  Pat Robertson is down right mean.  He has no compassion for the human condition.  He gets off on human suffering and says it's god's wrath.  In the old days he'd be lock away in a mental asylum.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/14/10 at 6:23 pm

You guys said it all, but unfortunately Pat's following is bigger than you think, at least that would be my bet.

Godess help those poor people - and we haven't seen the worst

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/14/10 at 7:41 pm

Or Dr. Peter Venkman said it best.....

"Yes, it's true, the man has no dick."

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/15/10 at 12:41 am

That's not his foot.  Come to think of it, that's not his mouth, either.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 1:05 am

Asshole.

Well, that's what he is.  I don't think he's senile, as some commentators are calling him, I think he has a fetish for damning others as though God signed over that duty to him. 
A few years ago, after the Pennsylvania district court ruled teaching "intelligent design" in public schools (Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al.) was unconstitutional , Robertson threatened the people of Dover, PA.  He said something like:  If a natural disaster comes your way, don't be surprised, because you have pushed God away. 

It's like he has a boner for Old Testament-style destruction of people if they displease his twisted faux-Christian ideology

He also had similar remarks about New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. 

I guess he never pauses to think the devil might get his soul too, so perhaps he should exercise a little humility.
::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 1:07 am

Karma, dude!  It's like they used to say about Reagan:  He got cancer up his ass and on the tip of his nose!
8)

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/15/10 at 1:18 am

Karma, dude!  It's like they used to say about Reagan:  He got cancer up his ass and on the tip of his nose!
8)

"...but you repeat yourself!"  (and I say that as one of Reagan's fans :)

Written By: philbo on 01/15/10 at 7:19 am

:D

Vodou gets a lot of attention because it is a lot of attention because its rites are so peculiar to Europeans, but even in the slave days, most of them folks was regular Catholic Church goin' folks, same as they'd be if they lived in NYC!

I'm worried.. I've got a Voodoo graphics card in my PC - does that mean there's gonna be an earthquake here, too?

Do you think someone filters his mail so that he doesn't see the 99.9% that are telling him what a small-minded, racist bigot he's being?

(Seeing that reminded me - I've been doing some arguing over on a Catholic forum, just for fun, and their BBS has a word filter that changes the word "filter" to "fiddler".. which is kind of weird, IMO)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 1:22 pm

:D
I'm worried.. I've got a Voodoo graphics card in my PC - does that mean there's gonna be an earthquake here, too?

Do you think someone filters his mail so that he doesn't see the 99.9% that are telling him what a small-minded, racist bigot he's being?

(Seeing that reminded me - I've been doing some arguing over on a Catholic forum, just for fun, and their BBS has a word filter that changes the word "filter" to "fiddler".. which is kind of weird, IMO)

"Filter on the Roof"

Robertson doesn't care about any mail he gets, unless it has money in it.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/10 at 1:34 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/17/10 at 1:28 pm

Well, that's what he is.  I don't think he's senile, as some commentators are calling him, I think he has a fetish for damning others as though God signed over that duty to him.  
A few years ago, after the Pennsylvania district court ruled teaching "intelligent design" in public schools (Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al.) was unconstitutional , Robertson threatened the people of Dover, PA.  He said something like:  If a natural disaster comes your way, don't be surprised, because you have pushed God away.  

It's like he has a boner for Old Testament-style destruction of people if they displease his twisted faux-Christian ideology

He also had similar remarks about New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.  

I guess he never pauses to think the devil might get his soul too, so perhaps he should exercise a little humility.
::)

Pat Robertson only exists because God allows free will. I am quite certain some 700 Club members won't show up for a couple tapings because they're afraid of lightning bolts in the studio, LOL!
JFTR, I do believe in intelligent design, very little else makes any sense. Sadly, Robertson is the type of evangelist who throws doubt on that. At least his existence also disproves 'survival of the fittest'!  :P

Your Pal,
Doc

:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/17/10 at 5:06 pm

Pat Robertson only exists because God allows free will. I am quite certain some 700 club members won't show up for a couple tapings because they're afraid of lightning bolts in the studio, LOL!
JFTR, I do believe in intelligent design, very little else makes any sense. Sadly, Robertson is the type of evangelist who throws doubt on that. At least his existence also disproves 'survival of the fittest'!  :P

Your Pal,
Doc

Pat Robertson, hit by a bolt of lightning?  Please dear God, let it happen!

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/17/10 at 9:47 pm

JFTR, I do believe in intelligent design, very little else makes any sense. Sadly, Robertson is the type of evangelist who throws doubt on that. At least his existence also disproves 'survival of the fittest'!  :P

Your Pal,
Doc

Actually, intelligent design makes no sense

Written By: Macphisto on 01/18/10 at 12:55 am

Pat Robertson only exists because God allows free will. I am quite certain some 700 Club members won't show up for a couple tapings because they're afraid of lightning bolts in the studio, LOL!
JFTR, I do believe in intelligent design, very little else makes any sense. Sadly, Robertson is the type of evangelist who throws doubt on that. At least his existence also disproves 'survival of the fittest'!  :P

Your Pal,
Doc

Intelligent design is problematic when considering the size of the universe and the random possibilities that come with it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/18/10 at 2:44 am

Your Pal,
Doc

Who designed the Designer?
???

Written By: philbo on 01/18/10 at 4:20 am

Intelligent Design?

..I'm guessing the "survival of the fittest" comment was supposed to be a joke.. but it still makes me want to suggest that you read up on what "survival of the fittest" actually means in the way it was originally used, as there seems to me to be a bit of a fundamental lack of understanding just because you framed the joke like that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/18/10 at 10:25 am

Who designed the Designer?
???

I like it the way AC/DC put it the best.....

Who Made Who?

;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/18/10 at 4:30 pm

I suggest we send Pat down to Haiti and let the citizens show him how the feel about his statement.

Written By: Doc Brown on 01/18/10 at 4:54 pm

I suggest we send Pat down to Haiti and let the citizens show him how the feel about his statement.

No, no, no. Haiti needs heroes right now. You send Robertson down there now, and they'll make him a martyr! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/camper.gif

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/18/10 at 9:41 pm

Pat better bring bodyguards with him, if he does go!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/18/10 at 10:28 pm

Pat better bring bodyguards with him, if he does go!

I don't think bodyguards could stop some of those people.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/18/10 at 10:50 pm

Agreed!

Written By: Frank on 01/18/10 at 11:24 pm

Agreed!

Agreed. Good idea to sen him down. But on 1 condition:  He has to repeat his stupid speech to them as well.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/18/10 at 11:30 pm

Apparently, Pat didn't get the memo.

http://hijinksensue.com/comics/2010-01-15-didnt-you-get-that-memo.jpg

Pat Robertson, hit by a bolt of lightning?  Please dear God, let it happen!

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7200/gsmiter.jpg

From our messageboard to God's keyboard.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 11:59 am

In the end Pat smites himself.  He says those hateful things to keep himself in the limelight.  When his life is over, he will be remembered for the hateful things he said.  Pat Robertson is not a church, he's a cult leader.  His followers follow him because they need to follow somebody.  Pat would say his the 700 Club follows Jesus, but Pat and his stooges don't adhere to anything Jesus taught.  Jesus was big on humility and servitude.  He didn't say to go out and buy diamond mines and condemn people afflicted by natural disasters. 

Now, Pat, Haiti was founded by an enslaved people who defied their oppressors.  Who were the Israelites?  What if Moses said to Pharaoh, "Yazza boss!"

And whatever happened to forgiving debts and trespasses? 

???

Seems to me that if anybody made a deal with the devil in Haiti it was the French Empire and the IMF.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/19/10 at 12:56 pm

Apparently, Pat didn't get the memo.

http://hijinksensue.com/comics/2010-01-15-didnt-you-get-that-memo.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7200/gsmiter.jpg

From our messageboard to God's keyboard.

;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/19/10 at 1:29 pm

Pat Robertson make Christians look bad!

Coming from a Christian...what Pat said makes him more of a Pompus Christian Ass!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/19/10 at 6:28 pm

Pat Robertson make Christians look bad!

Coming from a Christian...what Pat said makes him more of a Pompus Christian Ass!

I don't think he makes Christians look bad because he doesn't look like any kind of a Christian.

Check for new replies or respond here...