» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama at 50% -for those who would like to continue

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/15/10 at 9:51 am

Having read through the entire blocked thread I thought there were some folks who were'nt finished.  Go for it.  Doc, you are  certainly welcome to join in.

Subject: Re: Obama at 50% -for those who would like to continue

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/10 at 11:14 am

Hey Carlos? Have I told you lately how much I love you?    :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 12:59 pm

Cat

I think he's a pretty okay guy too!
:)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/10 at 1:29 pm

I love carlos more than I love Obama.... and I really love Obama!  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/15/10 at 1:32 pm

I love carlos more than I love Obama.... and I really love Obama!  :)

Sorry, both are taken. You can try to get Obama away from Michelle but don't you even TRY anything with my Carlos.  >:(

:D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/10 at 1:53 pm

Sorry, both are taken. You can try to get Obama away from Michelle but don't you even TRY anything with my Carlos.  >:(

Cat

well I didn't mean in that  way 

BTW thanks Carlos... I will go back later and pull relevant comments so that I can finally respond!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/15/10 at 2:07 pm

Cat

Tell Michelle if she gets tired of Mr. O, she can give me a call (in the next life when I'm tall, handsome, and rich)!
:D

Written By: Frank on 01/15/10 at 6:43 pm

I'm actually Listening to a radio show here ( Canada) as I type this, and the DJs are talking about how hot Michelle Obama is.

Written By: Henk on 01/15/10 at 6:56 pm

Having read through the entire blocked thread I thought there were some folks who were'nt finished.  Go for it.  Doc, you are  certainly welcome to join in.

Karma to you, sir. ;)

I won't be posting here though. Well, not unless I feel compelled to reply. I think we all made our points and there's no need to heat up the argument even further. We all know Hitler or the Nazi's will turn up at one point, and I'd like to be out of here before it gets to that.
But that's just my two cents.

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/16/10 at 8:11 pm

Cat

Yes

Ok. Doc's rantings aside, I am somewhat disappointed in Obama, as I know many here are.  Mostly, I wish he would act a bit more like LBJ when it comes to getting things done, like throwing his weight around to bring recalcitrant dems in line, and in punishing repugs.  But I guess he is doing just what he said he would - work for bipartisanship.  He never rally claimed to be a liberal after all.  That's my view anyway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/17/10 at 2:33 pm

Yes

Ok. Doc's rantings aside, I am somewhat disappointed in Obama, as I know many here are.  Mostly, I wish he would act a bit more like LBJ when it comes to getting things done, like throwing his weight around to bring recalcitrant dems in line, and in punishing repugs.  But I guess he is doing just what he said he would - work for bipartisanship.  He never rally claimed to be a liberal after all.  That's my view anyway.

I agree with you. I, too am disappointed a bit but I do know that he inherited a total mess (a mega understatement). No matter who is sitting in the White House today, would be facing more headaches than any other president in the history of this country. I know Obama is NOT Superman and he is doing the best he can. There are some things that I think he could be doing a bit better and a bit faster.

One thing I will say, this country (and the world) is SOOOO much better off than it was a year ago without that * (fill in your own noun).

Cat 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/17/10 at 3:56 pm

Yes

I have been thinking about writing him a letter and telling him that there are so many of us out here that still believe in him, and still want the same things we wanted when we voted for him.  I feel like he is letting people get to him, letting them push him around.  The right just screams and yells and carries on, but he was elected by a majority!  And we are still out here!  And we still love and support him.  I am really disappointed that he didn't push for a public option on the healthcare bill.  I know he was just trying to get it pushed through, but I do feel let down by that.  I know he isn't perfect, and I know that he is doing the best he can.  But I wish he would stop listening to all of the people that are saying negative things, and listen to the rest of us.  We know how hard he is working.  We know what a mess he stepped into.  We know that it won't be fixed over night.  And we still support him, and will continue to do so.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/18/10 at 6:52 am

Obama was in Boston yesterday at a rally for Martha Coakely.  It is being reported that only 1100 people showed up, whereas more showed up for a Scott Brown rally in Worcester.  What they aren't reporting is that the rally for Coakely started at 3pm, but at 10am they closed the line for people to get into the hall to see Obama because the hall was already filled. 

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/18/10 at 7:44 pm

Obama was in Boston yesterday at a rally for Martha Coakely.  It is being reported that only 1100 people showed up, whereas more showed up for a Scott Brown rally in Worcester.  What they aren't reporting is that the rally for Coakely started at 3pm, but at 10am they closed the line for people to get into the hall to see Obama because the hall was already filled. 

Sounds like the old Russian report on an auto race:  Soviet car came in second, U.S car next to last.  But only two cars in the race.

Written By: Frank on 01/18/10 at 11:25 pm

Sounds like the old Russian report on an auto race:  Soviet car came in second, U.S car next to last.  But only two cars in the race.

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...