» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: On the one year anniversary of what might have been....

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/22/10 at 9:48 am

-Some white-haired old man, who won't stop talking about his experience in the war. He was a Prisoner of war after all. Has an odd physical problem. Married a woman whom he had his first son with. Later, after being separated by his first wife, married a second women, a blonde who's quite a bit younger than himself.

-Tall, Brown haired, "plain folk" woman from a state with a near constant yearly temperature. Sometimes says things that are a bit ignorant without realising it. Has a bad sense of her own professionalism. Comically believes to have more knowledge of a nearby country than she actually has. Dispite being a women, she takes up a few manly hobbies.

courtesy of Reddit

Subject: Re: On the one year anniversary of what might have been....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/22/10 at 10:07 am

For one thing, this country would be in a depression-but at least the rich will have even lower taxes. And the oil companies will be drilling any place they feel like it.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/22/10 at 10:24 am

The resemblance is uncanny!

:o

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/10 at 7:17 pm

I hope the progressives enjoyed their fifteen minutes of "Hope."  The SCOTUS decision on Citizens United vs. Federal Election Commission just ran out the clock on that fifteen minutes.

Now the only competition will be to see who can kiss the most corporate ass.  The Republicans might get their permanent majority starting in the fall. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/22/10 at 7:22 pm

That picture made me laugh so hard I nearly chocked!  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/10 at 3:58 pm

Now the only competition will be to see who can kiss the most corporate ass.  The Republicans might get their permanent majority starting in the fall. 

I can't agree more. States like Ohio may be Blue when it comes to the Senate, but some states that were blue...may be red by November!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/10 at 5:18 am

Advice to Dems seeking re-election in 2010:

1. Buy a big pickup truck.
2. Be seen with big pickup truck.
3. Talk about big pickup truck.

One caveat, this only works for men.  Liberal woman with pickup truck = lesbo. 
::)

Written By: philbo on 01/25/10 at 5:24 pm

Advice to Dems seeking re-election in 2010:

1. Buy a big pickup truck.
2. Be seen with big pickup truck.
3. Talk about big pickup truck.

4. Drive over opponent in big pickup truck?

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/25/10 at 6:53 pm

4. Drive over opponent in big pickup truck?

As long as you can make it look like an accident and you are stone sober at the time - "He jutted out in front of me, and I couldn't stop - poor bastard",

Written By: Satish on 02/05/10 at 4:24 pm

from a state with a near constant yearly temperature.

Actually, Alaska's temperature fluctuates a fair bit throughout the year.

Check for new replies or respond here...