» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 'Chemical Ali' takes a long drop...

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/10 at 9:18 am

...off a short rope.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6833888.html

After having received his 4th death penalty conviction a week or so ago, Ali Hassan al-Majid, known as "Chemical Ali" by his fans in Iraq due to his penchant for killing Kurds with poison gas, was executed.  Method was hanging, which is customary in Iraq.

No word on when his remaining three executions will be performed...

Subject: Re: 'Chemical Ali' takes a long drop...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/25/10 at 10:17 am

Is he the last one of that regime to get sentenced or are there more?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/25/10 at 11:45 am

Is he the last one of that regime to get sentenced or are there more?

Tariq Aziz is still in the slammer.  He was the rather dapper grey haired Foreign Minister under Saddam.   In his case he only got a sentence of 15 years.

Notably Aziz was the only Christian in Saddam's inner circle.  He was also the Eight of Spades on the "Wanted" deck of cards.  ;D

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_01/TariqCardsG_228x288.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/25/10 at 3:11 pm

I'm a staunch death penalty foe but I can't muster up any sympathy for this asshole.

So it the death sentence had to be carried out, they should have ordered him to mix one his own cocktails and drink it.
>:(

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/27/10 at 11:49 pm

So it the death sentence had to be carried out, they should have ordered him to mix one his own cocktails and drink it.

A drink?  The guy handling the drink would be dead before handing it over.  A drop smaller than the size of a pinhead would be more than enough.  Ali got off easy.  We may have spent a trillion dollars to install a new government in Iraq, but at least our terabuck bought us a replacement government that was civilized enough not to give Ali what he deserved.

Back in the days of the Japanese doomsday cult attack, I did a little research on a then-newfangled thing called "the web".  The three things I learned were (1) household bleach diluted with water neutralizes almost all of the Really Bad Stuff, and (2) although household pesticides are safe for occasional household use, some are one or two steps away from being Really Bad Stuff.  Because I don't believe individual insects have sentience/consciousness, I've used sprays on bug colonies with a clean conscience -- but never without a recognition of what's happening at the neurological level.  For those species, they are Really Bad Stuff, and that (3) they're really crappy weapons for terrorists, which is why they've never been used by terrorists since then, and probably never will be.

I wouldn't recommend doing that research on the monitored networks of today.  Just remember "diluted bleach", "charcoal between layers of damp cloth", and "if people around you start acting really weird, hold your breath, turn in whatever direction in which fewer people are acting weird, and run like hell".  (Unless you happen to be in the laundry aisle or a pet shop, by the time you find the bleach or the charcoal, you'll be far enough away to be safe, and if you were already doomed before you started running, you won't make it that far :)

Obligatory pop culture reference:  Skinny Puppy's song from 1988 doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/10 at 12:45 am

Well, he could water it down, so to speak!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/grim.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/28/10 at 9:53 am

I'm a staunch death penalty foe but I can't muster up any sympathy for this asshole.

Perhaps this would've been a more fitting punishment for Chemical Ali.  :o :o :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhT4CF0DEh0

Check for new replies or respond here...