» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: John Edwards Sex Tape Court Injunction

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/10 at 1:17 pm

You know, the other day when I started hearing about an alleged sex tape that depicted former Senator John Edwards with his mistress, Rielle Hunter (who in a twist of fate was also his campaign videographer), I thought it was just trash talk by his former aide, a Mr. Young, who has written a "tell all" book.

However, Rielle Hunter has obtained a court injunction which "speaks to video recordings and photographs that depict matters of a private and personal nature.".  Apparently the order prohibits Young from disseminating the tape until a more complete hearing may be conducted.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0129102rielle1.html

My thought... if there really was no sex tape then she would not need an injunction.

When I read her legal filing, it sounds eerily familiar to Monocle Lewinsky and the stained dress that was stored in a safe deposit box.  If Ms. Hunter were REALLY worried about the tape getting into the wrong hands, she simply coulda burned it.  I think she kept it for future leverage.

I wonder if maybe she and Mr. Young are really running a scam here?  They've done it (scam-run) before...  ???

Subject: Re: John Edwards Sex Tape Court Injunction

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/10 at 1:26 pm

I DO NOT WHAT TO SEE JOHN EDWARDS MAKING WHOOPIE!

Mmmmkay?

Anybody caught distributing this videotape should be charged with obscenity and extradited to theran for beheading!

>:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/10 at 1:27 pm

I DO NOT WHAT TO SEE JOHN EDWARDS MAKING WHOOPIE!

Mmmmkay?

Anybody caught distributing this videotape should be charged with obscenity and extradited to theran for beheading!

>:(

??? I thought you were against the death penalty, Max.  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 01/29/10 at 1:29 pm

??? I thought you were against the death penalty, Max.  ???

Death penalty?  I think he is talking about the other head  ::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/10 at 1:31 pm

Death penalty?  I think he is talking about the other head   ::)

Some things are worse than death.  :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/29/10 at 1:52 pm

Death penalty?  I think he is talking about the other head   ::)

;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/10 at 2:39 pm

Some things are worse than death.   :o

Yeah, like watching John Edwards get his freak on!
8-P

Written By: Don Carlos on 01/29/10 at 6:38 pm

At this point who gives a flying copulation?

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/29/10 at 7:30 pm

At this point who gives a flying copulation?

Amongst others, TMZ, The Smoking Gun, The Insider, Entertainment Tonight, 20/20, CBS News, MFNBC, ABC News, and a raft of tabloids.  (Oh wait that was redundant)

Last night, Niecy Nash (panelist on The Insider) named Mr. Edwards the "Worst Celebrity of the Day".  ???

I expect tonight that Lara Spencer  :-*  will moderate yet another vigorous panel discussion about the Edwards sex tapes on The Insider.  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/30/10 at 12:10 am

I've believed in Rule 34 since I heard about dragons having sex with cars, but I never thought I'd see it tested in a court of law.

John Edwards Sex Tape.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/walker66/family-guy-vomiting.gif

Turn off the Internet.  It's all been done.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/10 at 12:12 am

The funny thing is, Newt Gingrich did the same thing and he's a right-wing media commentator with a bunch of best sellers under his belt (among other thing).  If MSNBC offered Edwards the kind of accommodations FOX gives Newt, the right-wingers would be all over them like ugly on an ape.  

The main difference is there are no tapes of Newt's extramaritals and if Newt had any offspring, they're living in some basement prison like that Austrian family!
::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/10 at 12:13 am

I've believed in Rule 34 since I heard about dragons having sex with cars, but I never thought I'd see it tested in a court of law.

John Edwards Sex Tape.

Turn off the Internet.  It's all been done.

Has it?

John Edwards/Al Gore tag team sex tape.

It hasn't all been done!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/30/10 at 2:32 am

John Edwards/Al Gore tag team sex tape.

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6721/moist.jpg

It hasn't all been done!

"Oh, Mister Falwell!  Oh, Miss Tipper Gore!  Wait'll I got you on the floor!  We're gonna tie you up inside of a shopping mall!"
- Mojo Nixon, Burn Down the Malls, 1986.

Between that and his ode to Martha Quinn of MTV, that's close enough for government work :)

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/30/10 at 12:49 pm

Once again, we see the basic principle that "the coverup is always worse than the crime".

If Edwards had manned up back when this whole thing started, and simply said "Oh, Rielle Hunter?  Yeah, I hit it.  She's a havin' my babay", the public ultimately would have not condemned him forever.  Sure, his presidential hopes woulda been toast, but after some cooling-off period, he coulda been considered for maybe a cabinet post or something.

But given his continual, incremental, lying on this subject, he has zero credibility and is considered to be toxic waste in the political world.

If you think about it, his coverup and prevarications on this incident rival the coverup done for Watergate, although obviously his coverup is infinitely less consequential.

Hosed around with a campaign worker...
While his politically popular wife had cancer...
Paid his trusty political flunky to claim paternity...
Secured $1MM+ in coverup money from rich donors, including a 99-year-old widow...
Spirited his jumpoff, the flunky, and the flunky's wife to various luxury hideouts...
Went on national TV and denied the affair...
Made a sex tape with the jumpoff...
Went on national TV and admitted the affair but denied the paternity...
Suggested to his trusted flunky to fake a DNA test...
Left an innocent infant girl "fatherless" for two years...
The jumpoff so much as admits that the sex tape exists, in a legal filing no less...

After last night's 20/20 interview with Andrew Young, it appears that Edwards' BIGGEST F-up was that at some point he cut Young loose and left him hanging.  Big fail there.  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nono.gif  Young is now extracting his revenge/payback.    http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/flipa.gif

The Feds are now all over Edwards, looking to see if any campaign money made its way to the coverup.  And given how toxic Edwards is now, NOBODY is gonna stand up in his defense except for anybody who might be accused of being part of the coverup.

Edwards managed this crisis with all the finesse of a monkey making love to a football.

http://wickedchopspoker.blogs.com/my_weblog/images/mfplain.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 01/31/10 at 5:42 pm

I expect tonight that Lara Spencer  :-*  will moderate yet another vigorous panel discussion about the Edwards sex tapes on The Insider.   :P

I have to say, I expected much better of Lara.  I haven't given up on her yet.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 01/31/10 at 6:03 pm

Creepier than this?

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i305/lokicat7/JeffGoldblum.jpg

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/31/10 at 6:58 pm

I have to say, I expected much better of Lara.  I haven't given up on her yet.

Sad to say, I think that Lara has lost her way.  And I say that being a fellow Penn State grad.  I am not sure that she will ever be able to reclaim the credibility that she once had.

She's now at the helm of that 100% trash gossip show.  The last straw for me was the cartoonish boob job that she got, which I think was actually an "upgrade" of a prior boob job.  She now looks completely out of proportion.  Why she did it I'll never know, as she looked hot without those falsies...  :-\\

--------------
Note: My comments regarding a "boob job(s)" are my speculation.  However look at her these days and it is hard to believe that she did NOT pay a visit or two to Dr. 90210.  Sad.  :\'(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/10 at 1:39 am

"Oh, Mister Falwell!  Oh, Miss Tipper Gore!  Wait'll I got you on the floor!  We're gonna tie you up inside of a shopping mall!"
- Mojo Nixon, Burn Down the Malls, 1986.

Between that and his ode to Martha Quinn of MTV, that's close enough for government work :)

Oh, Mister Mojo, you can have this pile of money if you do a guest spot on MTV, what say?
Okay, let's go!  Now I can afford to get the 'vette fixed!
;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/02/10 at 10:37 pm

Oh, Mister Mojo, you can have this pile of money if you do a guest spot on MTV, what say?
Okay, let's go!  Now I can afford to get the 'vette fixed!
;)

Well, who says he didn't stuff Martha's muffin?  He did get paid, right? :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/03/10 at 1:43 am

Well, who says he didn't stuff Martha's muffin?  He did get paid, right? :)

I dunno about that, all I know is I wanted to stuff Martha's muffin when I was 15.  I'm not 15 anymore.  Mojo still is.

If the best thing a corporation like Viacom can do to an anti-corporate artist is co-opt him.  Jello Biafra gets that.  Negativland gets that.  Mojo did not.

Don't get me wrong, Mojo is a funny guy, but he was the worst kind of naivete -- the naivete that confuses scorn with sophistication. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/03/10 at 10:18 am

I dunno about that, all I know is I wanted to stuff Martha's muffin when I was 15.  I'm not 15 anymore.  Mojo still is.

I just checked out her website and she looks as hot as ever.

I'm changing my screen name to "Stovetop"...  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...