» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: You know how the right-wing claims Obama can't speak without a teleprompter

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/30/10 at 9:20 pm

As if Bush ever could speak without one, I've seen numerous mentions to how Obama can't speak without a teleprompter.  It's a weird complaint, because the last president couldn't even talk properly when he had one in front of him.

90s minutes of unscripted Q&A at the GOP retreat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2fBVEz1_DA&feature=related

the best part?  the one I saw on CNN today.

Now, look, let's talk about the budget once again, because I'll go through it with you line by line. The fact of the matter is, is that when we came into office, the deficit was $1.3 trillion. -- $1.3 So when you say that suddenly I've got a monthly budget that is higher than the -- a monthly deficit that's higher than the annual deficit left by the Republicans, that's factually just not true, and you know it's not true.

Subject: Re: You know how the right-wing claims Obama can't speak without a teleprompter

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/31/10 at 9:41 am

I wish I could find the quote but Rachel Maddow said something like it was a game where 57 (?-however many she actually said) players lost to one. Obama was OUTSTANDING!!!!

Cat

Subject: Re: You know how the right-wing claims Obama can't speak without a teleprompter

Written By: tv on 01/31/10 at 6:10 pm

I wish I could find the quote but Rachel Maddow said something like it was a game where 57 (?-however many she actually said) players lost to one. Obama was OUTSTANDING!!!!

Cat
Its not abouit winning or llosing its about what is best for America. I don;t get some liberal or some conservatives saying we won an arguement. Have the American people won anything? No to me government has been dysfunctional since Hurricane Katrina meaning its not working right(the US government.)

Yeah CAT Obama was good I'm not gonna doubt that though. I'm glad the Republicans invited him. At least I understand where Obama stands on the issues and where the GOP stands with Obama.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/01/10 at 9:48 am

Yeah CAT Obama was good I'm not gonna doubt that though. I'm glad the Republicans invited him. At least I understand where Obama stands on the issues and where the GOP stands with Obama.

We know where Obama stands on the issues, and where the GOP stands with Obama, but where does the GOP stand on the issues? 

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/01/10 at 7:41 pm

We know where Obama stands on the issues, and where the GOP stands with Obama, but where does the GOP stand on the issues? 

We know that too - against anything Obama advocates, including stuff they once advocated.  Do I smell the rancid odor of hyyypocricy wafting north from the Rebug meeting down there in Maryland?

Check for new replies or respond here...