» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Poor persecuted Tea Party Convention gets no attention, except:

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/06/10 at 10:03 pm

Hour after hour of coverage and commentary on

CNN
FOX
MSNBC
and
CSPAN!

:D

Subject: Re: Poor persecuted Tea Party Convention gets no attention, except:

Written By: Macphisto on 02/06/10 at 11:38 pm

I think teabaggers is the appropriate term.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/07/10 at 8:44 am

Darn the stuff I miss while watching Cartoon Network. :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/10 at 2:28 pm

I hope people didn't miss THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtcVMTZkTZQ

Cat

Written By: nally on 02/07/10 at 2:34 pm

Cat

Ha ha ha ha ha!!! :D :D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/07/10 at 2:43 pm

Cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/07/10 at 3:11 pm

I'm sure she's used that hand to get ahead in lots of ways since the 7th grade!
8-P

They're replaying her Teabagger speech.  It's phenomenal.  All she does is spit out random phrases and buzzwords from right-wing talking points with little cohesion and less coherency...but does it matter? 

She also gave that assemblage of dopes credit for Scott Brown's victory.  Where is the evidence for that?
???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/07/10 at 3:31 pm

8-P

They're replaying her Teabagger speech.  It's phenomenal.  All she does is spit out random phrases and buzzwords from right-wing talking points with little cohesion and less coherency...but does it matter? 

She also gave that assemblage of dopes credit for Scott Brown's victory.  Where is the evidence for that?
???

Yeah, but you will have to admit that she was having a really good hair day.

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/07/10 at 5:17 pm

8-P

???
And that would be any different from the campaign how?  She was barely coherent then as well ;)

Written By: Ryan112390 on 02/07/10 at 8:37 pm

''We need another American revolution''--Sarah Palin.
There's nothing more that I despise than a traitor to this country, and with those words, Palin has identified herself as a threat and enemy of this Republic.
A revolution is the last thing we need...Unless of course you want more terrorist attacks as a result of the broken infraststructure and strained resources a civil war would cause.
But then again since 1/20/2009 I think a lot of Republicans hope for a terrorist attack to score political points.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/08/10 at 12:34 am

There's nothing more that I despise than a traitor to this country, and with those words, Palin has identified herself as a threat and enemy of this Republic.
A revolution is the last thing we need...Unless of course you want more terrorist attacks as a result of the broken infraststructure and strained resources a civil war would cause.
But then again since 1/20/2009 I think a lot of Republicans hope for a terrorist attack to score political points.

Well, I wouldn't go that far.  I think Palin is an idiot, but for the most part, she's powerless.  The best thing she ever did for this country was step down from being Governor.  At this point, all she really does is tell the wingnuts what they want to hear, while at the same time mostly alienating the moderate middle.

If anything, how far the GOP distances itself from Palin in the 2010 elections will be a good measure of how much the party is learning from its mistakes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/10 at 12:38 am

George Washington knew he was going straight to the gallows if his American Revolution didn't succeed.  Sarah Palin?  I don't think so.  She's taking $100 grand to say a bunch of really dumb sh*t to a bunch of really dumb people.  Christ, I wouldn't turn that deal down!
::)

Yeah, but you will have to admit that she was having a really good hair day.

How does she keep it up so high when there's nothing underneath it?
???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/10 at 2:52 am

Tea Party Tonight
Tea Party Tonight

We're gonna have a Tea Party tonight, ALRIGHT!

We're gonna have a Tea Party ALL-RIGHT, TONIIIGHT!

We've got nothing better to do,

'cept hate Obama and have a couple of brews!

I wouldn't be without my Tea Party for a day

OR EVEN A MINUTE!

Don't even bother to use my brain any more,

THERE'S NOTHING LEFT IN IT!

8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/08/10 at 9:54 am

Don't forget that the ex-"First Dude" belongs to an Alaskan succession group.

???

;D ;D ;D ;D

A WHOLE LOT of hairspray? 

Karma for making me laugh.

Cat

Written By: tv on 02/08/10 at 6:36 pm

Ah, Demorcats did their share of trash talking at the Republicans from 2006-mid 2009 I guess now its now the Republicans turn.  Neither are good for the country wether it be Dems throwing shots at the Repbus or vice versa. I mean both  the Dems and the Repubs act like a bunch of 5 years olds sometimes.

Why you liberals so scared of Sarah Palin anyway?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/10 at 9:19 pm

I liberal no know.  Why you think?
???

Written By: Jessica on 02/08/10 at 10:02 pm

I'm not scared of her.  I just want to party with her. :-X

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/08/10 at 11:08 pm

I'm not scared of her.  I just want to party with her. :-X

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000455272489756911_rs.jpg

Well, it'd sure beat that John Edwards thing I saw floating around the Innertubes...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/08/10 at 11:13 pm

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2000455272489756911_rs.jpg

Well, it'd sure beat that John Edwards thing I saw floating around the Innertubes...

Thanks I Can Has Cheezburger guy!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/catsmiley.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/08/10 at 11:27 pm

Thanks I Can Has Cheezburger guy!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/catsmiley.gif

Well, it was either that or be Encyclopedia Dramatica guy.  Her page over there is also... umm... relevant too... My bunk. I'll be in it.

Written By: philbo on 02/09/10 at 12:31 pm

The thought of someone (anyone) that batsheesh insane getting their hands on power should be enough to scare anyone.  Hell, she makes Bush look like Einstein.

Written By: tv on 02/09/10 at 5:53 pm

I liberal no know.  Why you think?
???
I missed a word in there because I was tired yesterday. Why do I think liberals are scared of Palin? Because liberals don't like conservatives and Sarah Palin is a conservative.

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/09/10 at 6:22 pm

Ah, Demorcats did their share of trash talking at the Republicans from 2006-mid 2009 I guess now its now the Republicans turn.  Neither are good for the country wether it be Dems throwing shots at the Repbus or vice versa. I mean both  the Dems and the Repubs act like a bunch of 5 years olds sometimes.

Sorry, but I gotta say that there is a difference between policy critiques and trash talking.  Yes, lots of use among the vocs populi made fun of (trashed) Mr Bush, but no dem politician called him a fascist, or portrayed him as Hitler.  I may have done that, I can't remember anything analogous to Michelle Bochman, nor can I remember any liberal radio or tv host calling for W's failure, quite the contrary.

As to being scared of Sister Sarah, I'm far from it.  In fact, I hope the Repugs DO nominate her for pres.  May be then she will figure out which newspapers she reads, learn that Africa is a continent, not a country, and which of our founding fathers is her favorite.  She may even figure out where Vermont is.  So "RUN SARAH RUN".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/09/10 at 10:33 pm

I missed a word in there because I was tired yesterday. Why do I think liberals are scared of Palin? Because liberals don't like conservatives and Sarah Palin is a conservative.

Because liberals like Philip K. Dick and Sarah Palin is a replicant!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/hiding.gif

Written By: Jessica on 02/09/10 at 10:42 pm

Why do I think liberals are scared of Palin? Because liberals don't like conservatives and Sarah Palin is a conservative.

BZZZZZT!!!! WRONG!!!

I'm Liberal and Rice Cube is conservative.  We're married.  And even Rice is disgusted with the Palinator, although he shares my thoughts of her being tied up on the bed.

Oh wait, that last bit slipped out....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/09/10 at 11:00 pm

BZZZZZT!!!! WRONG!!!

I'm Liberal and Rice Cube is conservative.  We're married.  And even Rice is disgusted with the Palinator, although he shares my thoughts of her being tied up on the bed.

Last bit of...what?
:-X

Written By: danootaandme on 02/10/10 at 6:44 am

I don't like Sarah because, as a woman, I find her an embarrassment.  Of all the qualified conservative women out there, there is a reason why the teabaggers latch on to her(there is a visual for you), and it isn't her knowledge, and that should be an embarrassment to conservatives of both genders.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/10/10 at 8:24 am

BZZZZZT!!!! WRONG!!!

And gagged?  :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/10/10 at 5:13 pm

I remember listening to a speech by James Howard Kunstler a few years ago.  His book "The Long Emergency" had just come out.  He was talking about what the future held as our petroleum-based way of life was threatened.  He said, and I paraphrase, "I'm afraid we are going to start looking to cornpone fascists for leadership.  We could do worse than George Bush.  I know it's hard to believe, but we could do much worse than George Bush." 

That was 2006.  I thought, "What kind of a nightmare scenario has to play it before we'd even consider somebody worse than Bush for president?"

Well, that didn't take long!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif

Palin's like Ronnie Reagan and Dubya.  It is not the individual per se who is so scary, it is the forces at work behind the individual!

Written By: Macphisto on 02/11/10 at 8:51 pm

The problem with Palin is that she scares more than liberals.  Plenty of moderates despise her.  She's a lot of the reason why McCain lost.

She may rally the right-wingers, but running her on a major ticket like the presidency would be like Obama having picked Kucinich as his running mate.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/10 at 12:46 am

The problem with Palin is that she scares more than liberals.  Plenty of moderates despise her.  She's a lot of the reason why McCain lost.

She may rally the right-wingers, but running her on a major ticket like the presidency would be like Obama having picked Kucinich as his running mate.

Back when my dad was a young man people used to joke about "What if Martha Mitchell were running things?"

You might not know who Martha Mitchell is.

(She was the wife of AG George Mitchell, who served under Nixon, and she was known as a boorish loudmouth).
:-\\

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 02/12/10 at 10:01 am

???
Bump-its https://www.bumpits.com/images/create-hollywood-hair-with-bumpits-step-02.jpghttps://www.bumpits.com/images/bumpits-gallery.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/10 at 12:36 pm

I think they bumped it a little too hard when she was a kid!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Written By: tv on 02/12/10 at 5:31 pm

McCain lost because of the economy and Obama ran a better campaign than McCain did.

Palin doesn;t scare me its just thay she quit as Governor of Alaska that really bothers me.  Like I said before she needs to prove herself again by either serviing a few terms in the US House of Representatives or at least a term in the US Senate.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/12/10 at 6:26 pm

Back when my dad was a young man people used to joke about "What if Martha Mitchell were running things?"

(She was the wife of AG George Mitchell, who served under Nixon, and she was known as a boorish loudmouth).
:-\\

Some say it got her killed.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/15/10 at 11:01 pm

(She was the wife of AG George Mitchell, who served under Nixon, and she was known as a boorish loudmouth). :-\\

That sort of thing has hit both rightish and leftish folks.

"Dude.  Al Gore?  You saw what Hillary did when Bill was President.  He ran foreign policy, and his wife did domestic policy.  Now tell me, you really want Tipper "PMRC" Gore as First Lady?  Geez, just vote for the fratboy; he's harmless, all he'll do is pick up where his Dad left off, and his Dad didn't actually do anything.  At least Laura won't try to take your Jello Biafra and 2 Live Crew records away."

OK, so it didn't work out that way, but in defense of the fratboy, how was anyone in 2000 to know that history wasn't actually over?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/10 at 11:23 pm

That sort of thing has hit both rightish and leftish folks.

"Dude.  Al Gore?  You saw what Hillary did when Bill was President.  He ran foreign policy, and his wife did domestic policy.  Now tell me, you really want Tipper "PMRC" Gore as First Lady?  Geez, just vote for the fratboy; he's harmless, all he'll do is pick up where his Dad left off, and his Dad didn't actually do anything.  At least Laura won't try to take your Jello Biafra and 2 Live Crew records away."

OK, so it didn't work out that way, but in defense of the fratboy, how was anyone in 2000 to know that history wasn't actually over?

Tipper was a naive Southern belle with a senator for a husband.  She went on a crusade against raunchy rock 'n' roll and ended up in bed with creeps like the Coors family and Phyllis Schlafly.  It was right-wing foundations funding her misguided effort.  Then she didn't try to put the brakes on it.  She started a moral panic and ran with it.  Thus, I've never respected her.  There she was worrying about Cindy Lauper's "She Bop," while records I liked, such as Coil's "The Anal Staircase" went unnoticed!  But the PMRC sure picked on the wrong guy when they went after Jello. I say so as a fan --  The guy never, ever shuts up!  Face it, if the Dead Kennedys hadn't gotten broken up over Frankenchrist, the band would have split in a few years anyway.  Tipper gave Jello a great start to his solo career.  Heck, he didn't have to pay a band.  He could just jump from college to college yelling about stuff!
  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/cussing.gif

The Bushes don't care what your kids listen to.  Apart from the obligatory lip service right-wing politicians give "family values" issues, the Bushes only care about power and money.  And Dubya effed that up for them too!

Written By: Macphisto on 02/16/10 at 9:42 pm

McCain lost because of the economy and Obama ran a better campaign than McCain did.

Palin doesn;t scare me its just thay she quit as Governor of Alaska that really bothers me.  Like I said before she needs to prove herself again by either serviing a few terms in the US House of Representatives or at least a term in the US Senate.

Well, admittedly, Palin wasn't the only reason McCain lost, but she certainly didn't help his chances.

She may not scare you, but I can assure you, she scares a lot of people -- including many conservatives.

My best friend is a moderate conservative, and even before we found out more about Palin, he didn't like the fact that McCain picked a relative unknown as his running mate.  It turns out that the evangelicals were the majority of Palin's original support.

Granted, Palin lost a lot of credit among social conservatives once the dysfunctional nature of her family came to light.

Written By: philbo on 02/17/10 at 6:55 am

On her own, Sarah Palin shouldn't scare anyone (with the possible exception of someone who might just be mistaken for a moose); however, the idea of Sarah Palin *as president* should scare the living sheesh out of anyone with enough foresight to see what an international disaster that would be.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/10 at 8:23 pm

On her own, Sarah Palin shouldn't scare anyone (with the possible exception of someone who might just be mistaken for a moose); however, the idea of Sarah Palin *as president* should scare the living sheesh out of anyone with enough foresight to see what an international disaster that would be.

You know what they do to moose up in Alaska, don't you?

(I mean besides THAT, Lyricboy!)
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/elkgrin.gif

Written By: philbo on 02/18/10 at 7:26 am

You know what they do to moose up in Alaska, don't you?

Shoot 'em from helicopters
Take photographs of them?

Check for new replies or respond here...