» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Oops... Sen. Evan Bayh to Retire

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 12:54 pm

Democratic Senator from Indiana, Evan Bayh, announced today that he will not seek reelection this year.

What with Indiana being a state with considerable Republican leanings, this could be a big probem for the Dems and well could turn out to be another Democratic Senate seat lost.

My opinion (even though I am a Repub)?  Evan Bayh was a damned fine Governor of Indiana when I lived there, and in the Senate his was a voice of moderation.  The Dems made a huge mistake in my opinion when they chose Biden to be O'bamas running mate instead of Bayh.  Bayh could easily have been groomed and marketed as their candidate in 2016 (assuming an O'bama double header) and his moderate position would have been an asset.  By 2016 Biden will be in a wheelchair in addition to the fact that he's not really presidential material anyway.

In any event, Evan you da man!  Some of us still remember the great job you did as Indiana Guv.  :)

Subject: Re: Oops... Sen. Evan Bayh to Retire

Written By: tv on 02/15/10 at 6:07 pm

I like Bayh too and I was gonna post in another thread on this board that Bayh should have been vice president over Biden. Obama flipped a coin and thats how he picked Biden instead of Bayh. I agree Obama could have used Bayh's experience as Governor of Indiana because it looked/looks like Obama needed/needs it.

I find it intereseting that Bayh is not seeking re-election because he leads all of his Republican competition handily except for Republican House Member Mike Pence.

Maybe Bayh could be the Chairman of the DNC one of these days or he could still run for President one of these days too!

Written By: EthanM on 02/15/10 at 6:53 pm

Who said Obama flipped a coin to pick his vice president? Probably better than a coin flip's odds that it was someone from Fox News

Written By: tv on 02/15/10 at 7:11 pm

Who said Obama flipped a coin to pick his vice president? Probably better than a coin flip's odds that it was someone from Fox News
No it wasn;t Fox News maybe Wikipedia.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/15/10 at 7:49 pm

Bayh could be considering running for Governor again.

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 7:59 pm

Bayh could be considering running for Governor again.

He'd be one hell of alot better than the current Governor Daniels.  Daniels' set of priorities are, to put it mildly, warped.

When he was sworn into office, what do you think his first order of business was...  Cut deficit?  Improve education? Civil Rights? Better Highways?

Of course not.  His first order of business was to get Indiana on the needless system of changing the clocks twice per year.  He didn't say it, but basically he was ashamed of his state because our no-clock-reset policy made him feel like we were a bunch of bumpkins.  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/15/10 at 8:39 pm

The Dems want the Republicans to run the place anyway because the Democrats are frightened of displeasing their corporate paymasters.  Bayh is a tool.
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 9:36 pm

The Dems want the Republicans to run the place anyway because the Democrats are frightened of displeasing their corporate paymasters.  Bayh is a tool.
::)

Hmmm...

Could it be that he's retiring so that he can be a contestant in Tool Academy 4 ?

???

Written By: Macphisto on 02/16/10 at 9:46 pm

He'd be one hell of alot better than the current Governor Daniels.  Daniels' set of priorities are, to put it mildly, warped.

When he was sworn into office, what do you think his first order of business was...  Cut deficit?  Improve education? Civil Rights? Better Highways?

Of course not.  His first order of business was to get Indiana on the needless system of changing the clocks twice per year.  He didn't say it, but basically he was ashamed of his state because our no-clock-reset policy made him feel like we were a bunch of bumpkins.  ::)

Most of what I've read about Daniels suggests that he's pretty middle of the road.  He's actually one of the most popular potential candidates for the Republicans to run in 2012.  If I'm not mistaken, his approval rating has most recently been listed around the 70% range.

He'd certainly be a better choice than Palin for president.

As for Bayh, he's fairly popular himself.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/10 at 12:02 am

Susan Bayh is about the biggest corporate whore besides Hillary Clinton!  She's on the board of like ten major corporations, including Blue Cross Wellpoint and Eli Lilly.

So Indiana will trade a Democrat in the pocket of the corporations for a Republican in the pocket of the big corporations.  They're ALL in the pocket of the corporations.  We have the Republicans: The Corporatist Party and the Democrats: The Hope and Corporatist Party.

That's why I'm going independent and I don't mean hanging out with those Pee Tardy know-nothings!
>:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/17/10 at 9:43 am

Susan Bayh is about the biggest corporate whore besides Hillary Clinton!  She's on the board of like ten major corporations, including Blue Cross Wellpoint and Eli Lilly.

So Indiana will trade a Democrat in the pocket of the corporations for a Republican in the pocket of the big corporations.  They're ALL in the pocket of the corporations.  We have the Republicans: The Corporatist Party and the Democrats: The Hope and Corporatist Party.

That's why I'm going independent and I don't mean hanging out with those Pee Tardy know-nothings!
>:(

Nader 2012 !!!

http://freespeechamerica.chattablogs.com/archives/time_nader.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/17/10 at 8:12 pm

RON AND RAND '12
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...