» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: In Picksburgh, Call 9-1-1 at Your Peril

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/28/10 at 6:51 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100228/ap_on_re_us/us_snow911_death

Subject: Re: In Picksburgh, Call 9-1-1 at Your Peril

Written By: danootaandme on 02/28/10 at 6:56 pm

Just wrong, wrong, wrong  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/28/10 at 7:59 pm

Neither snow nor rain nor gloom of night shall stay these couriers from swift completion of their appointed rounds...

We had higher standards for mailmen in the old days.  "Wrong, wrong, wrong," is my assessment too.  I think the city's negligence is legally actionable. 
>:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/28/10 at 8:05 pm

That's just so wrong, in oh so many ways.......

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/02/10 at 10:42 pm

http://www.mije.org/files/u426/911_joke.jpg

Life imitates art...

Get up, get, get, get - get down...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/02/10 at 11:36 pm

http://www.mije.org/files/u426/911_joke.jpg

Life imitates art...

Get up, get, get, get - get down...

"Yeeeeahhh boyyyyzzzz"

I have a friend who used to go around like that in high school.  Skinny white boy with a lisp.  I was like, "This just ain't you, Dave, here lemme show you something, you like the Hell Raiser movies, right?"
"Yeah!"
"Well, these guys wrote music for them, but Clive Barker thought it was too scary..."

So I got him interested in Coil, and from Coil he went to Throbbing Gristle, and to Skinny Puppy, and then Test Dept. and Einsturzende Neubauten, and from there, the possiblities for "Deftly D" were endless.  He became a self-styled Industrial/experimental artist.  Weaned him off of hip-hop, but he kept just enough of it to spin it into his work.  His first show at Boston's late punk club "The Rat" featured Deftly banging on a metal garden cart and screaming while some dudes played synths behind him.  I thought, "Well, it's a start..."  He's still on the Lowell-Boston axis to this day and also does a radio program on WZBC. 

Anyway...not to go on a Proustian tangent, but that's what the Chuck D clock always reminds me of!
:)

Check for new replies or respond here...