» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Massa Story Gets Weirder

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/09/10 at 6:57 pm

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/03/massa-on-beck-you-can-take-any.html

Apparently Rep. Massa piled on top of one of his male staffers and tickled him until he couldn't breathe.  He also mentioned that he lived with several male staffers until his Chef of Staff objected (maybe the Chief felt left out?).  ???

Anyway, his tickle party reminded me of the Tickle Deodorant that was sold in the 1970's.  It had some interesting packaging.  ;D ;D

http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vintageadvertising/images/2007/12/26/tickle_vintage_ad.jpg

Subject: Re: Massa Story Gets Weirder

Written By: Macphisto on 03/09/10 at 7:00 pm

He was just trying to "get in touch with them".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/09/10 at 7:39 pm

Salty old sailor?  Sounds more like 14-year-old's slumber party!

Tee-hee-hee!
Quit it!
Tee-hee-hee!
Quit it!
Tee-hee-hee!
Quit it!
Tee-hee-hee...

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/blob9.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/10/10 at 9:32 am

It reminded me of that very uncomfortable scene from the film, Borat, when I first heard of it!

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/10 at 12:39 pm

I couldn't find this on YouTube but you have GOTTA see this about Massa on the Glenn Beck Show. Too funny.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#35788332

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 03/10/10 at 3:27 pm

Poor Poor Glenn Beck thought he was gonna get a rabid denunciation of the Obama Administration and Massa comes out looking like a hero!.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/10 at 6:09 pm

It reminded me of that very uncomfortable scene from the film, Borat, when I first heard of it!

;D

Which one?  The massage therapist scene?  That's my favorite!
;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/10/10 at 6:32 pm

Which one?  The massage therapist scene?  That's my favorite!
;D

No, the infamous elevator and hotel room scene!

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/10 at 11:16 pm

“He was a cocky guy, competent, but he saw himself as a future admiral, it doesn’t surprise me he wound up in Congress.â€

--Ron Moss,

Massa's former shipmate

Confucius say, "Man who stand with hands in pants feel cocky all day."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smilejap.gif

Written By: tv on 03/11/10 at 2:26 pm

You know before this whole incident I thought Massa was a nice guy but he can;t be trusted. He tells 2 different stories from the clips that I saw on "Larry King Live" and "The Glenn Beck Show".

The oddest clip that I saw was when Larry King asked him are you gay and Massa wouldn;t answer the question.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/10 at 7:00 pm

You know before this whole incident I thought Massa was a nice guy but he can;t be trusted. He tells 2 different stories from the clips that I saw on "Larry King Live" and "The Glenn Beck Show".

The oddest clip that I saw was when Larry King asked him are you gay and Massa wouldn;t answer the question.

Don't know if he is gay or not, but then I have never had good gaydar.

He does seem to have quite a bit of "frat boy" in him though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/10 at 7:04 pm

Gay or not is not the issue. The issue is he is/was harassing people-and it doesn't matter the gender.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/10 at 7:58 pm

I hope the homophobes don't jump on this as a reason to keep gays out of the military.  Most gays are not like Massa!
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/12/10 at 6:06 am

I hope the homophobes don't jump on this as a reason to keep gays out of the military.  Most gays are not like Massa!
::)

But most frat boys are

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/10 at 12:19 am

But most frat boys are

I've hung out with gays, but I've never been in the navy and I didn't consort with the fraternities in college!  So...I'll hafta take your word for it!
;)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/15/10 at 10:15 am

I've hung out with gays, but I've never been in the navy and I didn't consort with the fraternities in college!  So...I'll hafta take your word for it!
;)

I meant most frat guys are like Massa, not that most frat boys are gay, though you gotta wonder... ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...