» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Jihad Jane arrested in terror plot

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/10/10 at 6:33 pm

Betcha Glenn Beck is going to have a field day, on this one!

::)

http://www.examiner.com/x-38158-Cultural-Oddities-Examiner~y2010m3d10-Jihad-Jane-arrested-in-terror-plot

Subject: Re: Jihad Jane arrested in terror plot

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/10/10 at 6:36 pm

And I was right!  Sort of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzs_azA2ado

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/10 at 9:18 pm

I thought you linked to an old Bonnie Tyler video for a second there!

This lady is totally nuts.  I don't give the "conversion" story much credence.  Any legit Imam who counseled her, heard of her psychiatric history and her suicide attempts would have recommended professional intervention. 

Written By: philbo on 03/11/10 at 8:38 am

http://www.examiner.com/x-38158-Cultural-Oddities-Examiner~y2010m3d10-Jihad-Jane-arrested-in-terror-plot

What kind of paper is the Examiner when it's at home?  And can't they afford people who can use the English language properly?

LaRose, who converted Islam
a considerably large Muslim following online
Women were called to use passports to travel overseas to join the violence.

..and I bet "Colleen" isn't in his spell-checker dictionary - "College" is a pretty silly substitute to choose.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 7:52 pm

WTF does Glenn Beck have to do with any of this?

F*ck that bitch.  >:(

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/11/10 at 10:13 pm

WTF does Glenn Beck have to do with any of this?

F*ck that bitch.  >:(

Trust me, he'll find away to do with any of this.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 10:37 pm

But this isn't about Glenn Beck. This is about a woman who was actively trying to recruit people to do harm to American civilians.

This lady is totally nuts.  I don't give the "conversion" story much credence.  Any legit Imam who counseled her, heard of her psychiatric history and her suicide attempts would have recommended professional intervention.  

And any radical imam who supports violence against American civilians would have welcomed her with open arms.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/10 at 1:37 am

But this isn't about Glenn Beck. This is about a woman who was actively trying to recruit people to do harm to American civilians.

And any radical imam who supports violence against American civilians would have welcomed her with open arms.

Batty Little Bitch might have found some horrible Donald Deepfreeze-Q kind of maniac and joined many of the Arab gangs of hoods and done some serious damage...but I wouldn't hope squirrely dames from PA would not impress a spiritual or political leader of any consequence.  I mean, this brod oughta go shopping at Macy's with Sarah Palin!
:P

"Long live John Africa!"
:-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/12/10 at 2:45 am

Batty Little Bitch might have found some horrible Donald Deepfreeze-Q kind of maniac and joined many of the Arab gangs of hoods and done some serious damage...but I wouldn't hope squirrely dames from PA would not impress a spiritual or political leader of any consequence.  I mean, this brod oughta go shopping at Macy's with Sarah Palin!
:P

"Long live John Africa!"
:-\\

Then again, Donald Deepfreeze would have loved to have a squirrely dame from PA working for him, since a while female thirtysomething is going to draw far less attention than someone with a Middle Eastern background. That is, until she does something really stupid like, I don't know...CALLING HERSELF JIHAD JANE. Surely she has to be aware of something called the USA PATRIOT ACT.  ::)

I'll admit, the reason why there have been no successful major terror attacks in the US since 2001 probably has as much to do with the incompetence of all the would-be attackers, so far, as it does with any of the sweeping powers the government gave itself after 9/11.

Having said that, the point I'm trying to make is that I think it's dangerous to trivialize or underestimate the threat that people like Jihad Jane pose, even if they are complete morons.

(The John Africa thing went over my head.)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/12/10 at 10:18 am

(The John Africa thing went over my head.)

John Africa (real name, Vince Leaphart) was a leader in the kooky "MOVE" organization in Philadelphia.  In addition to squatting on other peoples' property in Philadelphia and being a general community nuisance, (they composted trash and human doody  8-P in their yards, not such a good thing in a city environment), the MOVE boys and girls shot and killed a Philadelphia police officer.  Nine of them were convicted and sentenced to jail in 1978 and in jail they remain to this day.

Back in '85, MOVE was served with an eviction order and they refused to vacate.  Cops lobbed in some tear gas canisters and hit the building with water cannons, so the MOVE folks responded with bursts of gunfire.  So the cops lobbed 4 pounds of C-4 on the roof of the MOVE crib and that's when things got hot.  Whole place burned to a crisp as did 11 MOVE members, all named Africa of course.  John Africa Vince Leaphart was one of them.

Many people see MOVE as your garden variety "black power" movement, but they were far more than that.  They were anti-zoo, anti-medicine, anti-science, anti-technology and anti-hygiene.  In the end all the MOVE organization managed to so was to get themselves and a few Philadelphia cops killed.

Connection with Wesley Cook

John Africa Vince Leaphart was connected to Wesley Cook (a.k.a. Mumia Scooby-Doo).  In Cook's trial for murdering another Philly cop, he demanded that Leaphart, a functional illiterate, be his counsel.  The judge refused, as state law prohibits the practice of law by a non-attorney (although he did grant that Cook could serve as his own attorney).  Subsequent appeals to Cook's conviction pointed to the denial of Leaphart to serve as attorney, and they have all been struck down, as the Pennsylvania law had been long-established as constitutionally sound.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 11:01 am

What I meant to say is that Beck, will definitely have something to say about this, if he hasn't already.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/12/10 at 12:11 pm

John Africa (real name, Vince Leaphart) was a leader in the kooky "MOVE" organization in Philadelphia.  In addition to squatting on other peoples' property in Philadelphia and being a general community nuisance, (they composted trash and human doody  8-P in their yards, not such a good thing in a city environment), the MOVE boys and girls shot and killed a Philadelphia police officer.  Nine of them were convicted and sentenced to jail in 1978 and in jail they remain to this day.

Back in '85, MOVE was served with an eviction order and they refused to vacate.  Cops lobbed in some tear gas canisters and hit the building with water cannons, so the MOVE folks responded with bursts of gunfire.  So the cops lobbed 4 pounds of C-4 on the roof of the MOVE crib and that's when things got hot.  Whole place burned to a crisp as did 11 MOVE members, all named Africa of course.  John Africa Vince Leaphart was one of them.

Many people see MOVE as your garden variety "black power" movement, but they were far more than that.  They were anti-zoo, anti-medicine, anti-science, anti-technology and anti-hygiene.  In the end all the MOVE organization managed to so was to get themselves and a few Philadelphia cops killed.

Connection with Wesley Cook

John Africa Vince Leaphart was connected to Wesley Cook (a.k.a. Mumia Scooby-Doo).  In Cook's trial for murdering another Philly cop, he demanded that Leaphart, a functional illiterate, be his counsel.  The judge refused, as state law prohibits the practice of law by a non-attorney (although he did grant that Cook could serve as his own attorney).  Subsequent appeals to Cook's conviction pointed to the denial of Leaphart to serve as attorney, and they have all been struck down, as the Pennsylvania law had been long-established as constitutionally sound.

I remember that now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/10 at 12:35 am

I remember that now.

I remember seeing some little white radical gal getting busted and yelling "Long live John Africa" to the cameras as the cops were shoving her into the squad car.  

The problem with MOVE is that NOBODY liked them.  They weren't just Black Panther-type radicals, they were stacking heaps of debris, garbage, and raw sewage in their yard, as LB mentioned, which tends to attract vermin and disease along with being a demoralizing eye sore.  They were also fond of antics like going to the park and cutting down trees for their own firewood.  They also built a big bunker with a loudspeaker system and shouted hate propaganda laced with profanity day and night.  For instance, as the Christmas parade went by, the loudspeaker bellowed: "F**K the muthuh-f**kin' Santa Claus!"  

Plus there were various stories of MOVE stockpiling EXPLOSIVES!

So they didn't win friends of any stripe down that way.  The real problem came when the Philadelphia cops decided to BOMB a city block to take care of the problem!  A little more time, patience, and diplomacy would have diffused the situation, but not when you're dealing with trogs like Frank Rizzo and Wilson Goode!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/15/10 at 2:36 pm

Now there's a "Jihad Jamie."  ::)

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14671953

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/10 at 3:02 pm

Now there's a "Jihad Jamie."  ::)

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_14671953

Who by the way (and I can not stress this enough), is not, repeat, not, me.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/15/10 at 3:25 pm

Who by the way (and I can not stress this enough), is not, repeat, not, me.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure it isn't.  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/10 at 5:33 pm

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure it isn't.  ;D

But I'm NOT Jihad Jamie.

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/10 at 5:34 pm

But I'm NOT Jihad Jamie.

;D

I'm not going to hear the end of this, am I?

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/15/10 at 7:09 pm

I'm not going to hear the end of this, am I?

;D

Hey, it could be worse.

At least you don't have to worry about people calling you Big Gay Al.  :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/10 at 8:31 pm

Hey, it could be worse.

True, but you don't have the same name as a crazed nutball, named Jihad Jamie.

;D

Written By: Jessica on 03/15/10 at 10:18 pm

Hey, it could be worse.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/makethumbjpgCACV0P2I.jpg

I was going to Photoshop your face on to it, but you know where I live. o_O

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/16/10 at 3:16 pm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/makethumbjpgCACV0P2I.jpg

I was going to Photoshop your face on to it, but you know where I live. o_O

Sleep with both eyes open, Jess.  That's my suggestion.

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...