» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Gay Date? Cancel the Prom

Written By: danootaandme on 03/12/10 at 6:12 am

A high school student sued her high school because they wouldn't let her bring her girlfriend to the prom.  She won, so the school system canceled the prom. Of course she is blamed for the prom not happening.  In my city they have said that you don't have to have a date to come to the prom, you can come on your own, or bring a friend, making all this a non issue.  No one really cares who wears a tux, or who wears a gown.  Life is beautiful

www.campusprogress.org/page/community/post/erosa/C2Lv

Subject: Re: Gay Date? Cancel the Prom

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/12/10 at 9:58 am

A high school student sued her high school because they wouldn't let her bring her girlfriend to the prom.  She won, so the school system canceled the prom. Of course she is blamed for the prom not happening.  In my city they have said that you don't have to have a date to come to the prom, you can come on your own, or bring a friend, making all this a non issue.  No one really cares who wears a tux, or who wears a gown.  Life is beautiful

www.campusprogress.org/page/community/post/erosa/C2Lv

I think this girl is confused.  So she says she is gay and plans on wearing a tuxedo to the prom?  Why would she wear a tuxedo?  She's gay, not a man.  I think her issue is perhaps not so much gayness as it is some sort of gender rejection disorder.  (ie, not so much a "girl who likes girls" but a "girl who thinks she's a guy").

My guess is that there certainly will be a prom in that town, just will not be sponsored by the school.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 11:03 am

What's wrong with her wearing a tux or bring her girlfriend to the prom?

If she wants to, let her!  It's a free country!

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/12/10 at 11:06 am

What's wrong with her wearing a tux or bring her girlfriend to the prom?

If she wants to, let her!  It's a free country!

Semi. 

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 11:10 am

Semi. 

I keep forgetting that sometimes.

Written By: Jessica on 03/12/10 at 11:13 am

I see Mississippi is still thirty or so years behind the times....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/10 at 1:33 pm

I read about this. Blame the girl instead of the people who canceled it.  ::)  It is just so asinine it is unbelievable.

Cat

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 03/12/10 at 1:55 pm

I think this girl is confused.  So she says she is gay and plans on wearing a tuxedo to the prom?  Why would she wear a tuxedo?  She's gay, not a man.  I think her issue is perhaps not so much gayness as it is some sort of gender rejection disorder.  (ie, not so much a "girl who likes girls" but a "girl who thinks she's a guy").
I know a group of girls who didn't have dates for the prom who ALL wore tuxes...they weren't gay, just thought it would be fun.  In her case, however, she doesn't seem very "girlie" and I can see why she wouldn't want to wear a prom dress....besides the fact that a tuxedo would be MUCH more comfortable....prom dresses certainly aren't made for comfort ;)

My guess is that there certainly will be a prom in that town, just will not be sponsored by the school.
Didn't they make a movie about that way back in the day starring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer? ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/12/10 at 2:42 pm

I know a group of girls who didn't have dates for the prom who ALL wore tuxes...they weren't gay, just thought it would be fun.  In her case, however, she doesn't seem very "girlie" and I can see why she wouldn't want to wear a prom dress....besides the fact that a tuxedo would be MUCH more comfortable....prom dresses certainly aren't made for comfort ;)
Didn't they make a movie about that way back in the day starring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer? ;)

Ren from Footloose, needs come to that town and save the day!

;D

Written By: Frank on 03/12/10 at 4:51 pm

I read about this. Blame the girl instead of the people who canceled it.  ::)  It is just so asinine it is unbelievable.

Cat

It is asinine to cancel the prom. Agreed.
So..if some girl would bring another girl to Obama's inauguration, cancel the inauguration?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/12/10 at 5:01 pm

So..if some girl would bring another girl to Obama's inauguration, cancel the inauguration?

Of course. That makes sense to me...NOT!!!!!  ::)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/10 at 12:17 am

;D

I'd settle for Ren from Ren and Stimpy!

You eeeeediots!!!!

::)

Written By: danootaandme on 03/15/10 at 10:20 am

Didn't Karl Rove Tom DeLay double date with Lindsey Graham and Larry Craig to Bushs?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/10 at 11:40 am

Didn't Karl Rove Tom DeLay double date with Lindsey Graham and Larry Craig to Bushs?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/15/10 at 5:36 pm

;D

And bring Kenny Loggins, too!

;D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/16/10 at 5:21 pm

This sort of thing shows that we have too many old school dinosaurs in the system still.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/10 at 9:13 pm

This sort of thing shows that we have too many old school dinosaurs in the system still.

Then can I take my dinosaur to the prom?
:P

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/16/10 at 11:02 pm

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/forreals.jpg

Yeah, but it didn't work out too well.  Lindsey's a girl's name, and Larry's not into bush.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/10 at 11:24 pm

;D ;D ;D
Karma +1

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/17/10 at 1:45 am

;D ;D ;D
Karma +1

The universe sets 'em up, I just knock 'em down...

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/10 at 8:23 am

Only if she's wearing a purple gown.  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/10 at 11:28 am

Robert Byrd?

Yeah, but it didn't work out too well.  Lindsey's a girl's name, and Larry's not into bush.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/10 at 12:31 pm

;D

Written By: danootaandme on 03/17/10 at 1:05 pm

LOL
  I'm loving it!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/10 at 5:32 pm

Only if she's wearing a purple gown.   ;)

Barney's a boy dinosaur, that's just gonna upset the yahoos all over again!
:D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/10 at 6:37 pm

But they may not let you in, especially if it's a gay dinosaur!

;D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/17/10 at 11:11 pm

It was a figure of speech. ;)

I was refering to the type of people with the sort of bigoted attitude of those in this prom cancellation.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/10 at 11:39 pm

I was refering to the type of people with the sort of bigoted attitude of those in this prom cancellation.

I know....

;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/21/10 at 11:43 pm

Because in the LGBT community it is quite common for lesbians to wear tuxedos.  No she's not transgendered she just likes tuxedos.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/21/10 at 11:51 pm

Oh, you were thinking I was talking about my one-eyed wonder worm!
:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...