» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obamacare similar to Mitt Romney-care? No wonder Romney hates it

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/22/10 at 6:03 pm

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/03/22/mitt_romney_health_care_hypocrisy

He was for it before he was against it...

But it actually says more about the irrational state of today's GOP base, which is vilifying President Obama for doing almost exactly what it hailed Romney for doing just four years ago.

Subject: Re: Obamacare similar to Mitt Romney-care? No wonder Romney hates it

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/22/10 at 7:45 pm

Figures.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/22/10 at 8:57 pm

I've been on Commonwealth Care ("Romney Care").  It's the best health plan I've ever been on, actually.  However, the Commonwealth of Massatwosheeshs has it rigged so if you collect unemployment benefits, you have to take Blue Cross as your health plan.  You can't get Commonwealth Care.  You can't even get Masshealth (Medicaid).  I hope to be employed shortly.  That Blue Cross plan has more than tripled co-pays for doctor's office visits since December. 
>:(

Written By: tv on 03/23/10 at 4:50 pm

I have heard health care in Massachusetts is very expensive because of "RomneyCare".

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/23/10 at 11:39 pm

I have heard health care in Massachusetts is very expensive because of "RomneyCare".

And there's a saying, "You get what you pay for."  With private for-profit insurance companies, you don't get, but you still have to pay.

Written By: tv on 03/24/10 at 9:23 am

And there's a saying, "You get what you pay for."  With private for-profit insurance companies, you don't get, but you still have to pay.
Yeah I have heard we spend(in the US) 1.5-2 times more on health care than any other developed country. While I am not in favor of Obama Care hopefully some of these reforms in this 2,074 page bill will work to lower health care pricing inflation. We currently have double digit pricing inflation in today's US healh care system.

Check for new replies or respond here...