» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Different parties, different approaches. as illustrated by their current website

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/10 at 8:14 pm

http://i.imgur.com/P7uNU.jpg

says it all doesn't it?

Subject: Re: Different parties, different approaches. as illustrated by their current website

Written By: Macphisto on 03/28/10 at 8:18 pm

Pretty much... 

Subject: Re: Different parties, different approaches. as illustrated by their current website

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/28/10 at 10:31 pm

The real different wings of the Party, and the real different approaches are illustrated on this Powerpoint slide.  It came from the Elephant Wing, but could just as easily have come from the Jackass Wing of the Party.  (Visceral Giving for that Wing would be "ban abortion" or "police state", and Calculated Giving would be Hillary's entire primary campaign.)

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1528/100303slide52014905.jpg

PROTIP: If anyone asks for your money or your vote because (any of the reasons on the left-hand side of the chart), they're playing you for a fool.  If they want your money because of a reason on the right-hand side of the chart, you're still being played for a fool, but at least you're being offered something in return.

METAPROTIP: Notice that the True Believers don't actually count, because they don't need a reason to give money or influence.  The only people worth manipulating are the ones targeted by direct marketing or through influence-peddling.  If you're in the big heart in the middle of the chart, you've actually drunk the Kool-aid, and you're no longer worth fleecing, because you're fleecing yourself :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/28/10 at 11:55 pm

For the first time in my life, I have friends who are "true believers" in the "pro-life" camp.  They're Catholics in a big way.  I don't argue for or against, just logistics.  One of the daughters in that family wants Roe vs. Wade overturned.  I had to explain to her that even if it got overturned, abortion would still remain legal in Massachusetts, and she would then have to fight the Massachusetts legislature on the matter, furthermore, if New Hampshire and Connecticut made abortion illegal, you would have a lot of women coming to Massachusetts for abortions, so the incidences of the procedure would actually rise in this state.  Thus, what she really wants to be fighting for is an amendment to the Constitution that would make abortion illegal federally.  I never indicated whether I was "pro-choice" or "pro-life," I just said a lot of "pro-life" politicians don't really want the procedure banned because it's too good a political football.  Thus, her own worst enemies in getting abortion outlawed in this country might be directing the movements in which she is active.  Commentary is less divisive the argument and sometimes more cogent!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing7.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...