» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: WikiLeaks - leaked video footage of gunship attack in Iraq

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/05/10 at 1:16 pm

http://collateralmurder.com/

Classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

What could have just been a tragic misunderstanding turns worse as they just keep firing on anyone they see in the area. The military tribunal saw no wrong doing here in case you are wondering.

Subject: Re: WikiLeaks - leaked video footage of gunship attack in Iraq

Written By: Macphisto on 04/05/10 at 6:12 pm

I support wikileaks for keeping the press truly open and free, but I gotta say, some context is needed here.  Because they followed the rules of engagement, this isn't so cut and dry.

Our forces exercise far more restraint than insurgents, which is why we have rules of engagement to begin with.  So, it's not exactly fair to watch this video and assume we know all the facts involved here.  Clearly, they ask for permission to fire, and they are granted it, so there must have been some sort of screw up in terms of intelligence that led to this.  It simply wouldn't make sense for these soldiers to intentionally fire on the wrong people, because as this video shows, it's all on record.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/06/10 at 12:19 pm

Remember, it's never the actual mistake that's the problem.  It's the cover up. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/10 at 1:36 pm

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/04/military-releases-report-on-2007-apache-attack-and-questions-linger/

Military releases report after holding it back for the last three years

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/10 at 2:23 pm

There are somethings i just can't comment on because they make me so angry,  This is one

Written By: Macphisto on 04/07/10 at 8:13 pm

Remember, it's never the actual mistake that's the problem.  It's the cover up. 

I can agree with that.

Written By: Macphisto on 04/21/10 at 8:28 pm

Here's an interesting update...

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/04/2007-iraq-apache-attack-as-seen-from-the-ground/#ixzz0liVe6BIc

Check for new replies or respond here...