» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Federal Government Unwilling to Enforce the Law, Does Not Want States to Either

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/10 at 4:41 pm

Get ready for screams and moans from people the people who endorse, promote, aid, abet, and benefit from illegal immigration.  The governor of Arizona just signed the latest immigration crime law.

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/april/23/obama-calls-ariz-immigration-measure-misguided.html

If the Federal government does not want states to act on this issue then it should do something about it itself.  Obama's words are correct, but nevertheless the Federal government has been impotent on this issue.

As it is, Arizona is saddled with 466,000 illegal immigrants, thanks to the inaction of the Federal government because Federal politcians are afraid that they will lose votes from people who aid, abet illegal immigration.  Ti9me for the States to take control if the Fed is disinterested in enforcing the law.

Side note:  About 2-3 years ago I happened to have some business dealings with people responsible for building the great big fence on the Mexican border.  These contractors were about as incompetent as they come and they pretty much made a mess of things.  My guess is that the Fed intentionally put these chuckleheads in charge of the project because they really did not want the job to get done.  (That said I do not think that a simple fence is gonna do the job, as peole can tunnel or simply arrive via other routes).

Subject: Re: Federal Government Unwilling to Enforce the Law, Does Not Want States to Either

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/23/10 at 11:17 pm

Get ready for screams and moans from people the people who endorse, promote, aid, abet, and benefit from illegal immigration.  The governor of Arizona just signed the latest immigration crime law.

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/april/23/obama-calls-ariz-immigration-measure-misguided.html

If the Federal government does not want states to act on this issue then it should do something about it itself.  Obama's words are correct, but nevertheless the Federal government has been impotent on this issue.

As it is, Arizona is saddled with 466,000 illegal immigrants, thanks to the inaction of the Federal government because Federal politcians are afraid that they will lose votes from people who aid, abet illegal immigration.  Ti9me for the States to take control if the Fed is disinterested in enforcing the law.

Side note:  About 2-3 years ago I happened to have some business dealings with people responsible for building the great big fence on the Mexican border.  These contractors were about as incompetent as they come and they pretty much made a mess of things.  My guess is that the Fed intentionally put these chuckleheads in charge of the project because they really did not want the job to get done.  (That said I do not think that a simple fence is gonna do the job, as peole can tunnel or simply arrive via other routes).

I'll bet that wall project had half a dozen executives on it drawing salaries of $100K + per annum.  They contracted with Boeing.  That's the federal government.  You're in South Texas, you want to get a wall built, cheapest bidders, asap, and you don't know who to ask?  Just a bunch of fat cats lining their pockets.  If you don't finish the project, we'll just re-up the contract next year!

The only people who REALLY don't want the immigrants there are the same working class white people the spin machine bamboozles into voting for rich Republicans time and again!  

Sheriff Arpio loves it.  It gets him more mess and more press!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angry2.gif

Subject: Re: Federal Government Unwilling to Enforce the Law, Does Not Want States to Either

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/24/10 at 8:21 am

The guys I dealt with were a subcontractor and they were looking to transport large amounts of materials from the Midwest down to the border area by truck, much of it to Houston.  When I suggested that they should ship some by rail or by barge, this clown tells me "Barge?  Nobody ships by barge anymore!"

I then replied "Somebody please call the Army Corps of Engineers.  We're shutting down the entire inland lock and dam system since obviously nobody is using it."

Other aspects of the conversation led me to believe that these guys did not have a clue about how to do business, but if you were a supplier to them you could make alot of money because they really did not know what they were doing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/24/10 at 11:20 am

Barges? We don't need no stinking barges!
:-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...