» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Arlen "One Bullet" Spectre's History Catches Up a Bit with Him...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/07/10 at 5:15 pm

See the attached YouTube campaign video by Joe Sestak, a Democrat who seeks to beat out Arlen "One Bullet" Spectre for the Democratic Nomination for Spectre's US Senate seat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x97DdZho11k

Pretty hilarious!  ;D

Subject: Re: Arlen "One Bullet" Spectre's History Catches Up a Bit with Him...

Written By: danootaandme on 05/08/10 at 6:14 am

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/1kapow.gif

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/09/10 at 9:49 am

I am only in to get something out of it, then I'll cut and run?

???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/10 at 12:12 am

Will Spectre get beaten next time?  There's been some talk.
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/10 at 8:03 am

Will Spectre get beaten next time?  There's been some talk.
???

He's very vulnerable.  Somebody in his campaign made a big mistake in trying to "Swift Boat" his opponent (Joe Sestak, a 31-year Naval veteran who rose to a 3-star Admiral) and it may well have backfired.

But Spectre losing the Democratic primary is only half the battle.  If Sestak beats him, then we still gotta beat Sestak in the final election.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/10 at 11:10 am

Perhaps now would be a good time for Arlen to, ahem, quietly retire.  He's an old man.  He's had a good run in politics.  He doesn't need to see it all end in a sh*t storm.
:-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/10 at 2:46 pm

Perhaps now would be a good time for Arlen to, ahem, quietly retire.  He's an old man.  He's had a good run in politics.  He doesn't need to see it all end in a sh*t storm.
:-\\

Oh, it's waaaaay too late for that. Besides, here in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, we have not been looking kindly at incumbents lately, as many of them are either in jail or awaiting sentencing. At least Specter has avoided that spectre.

But, he is like one of those punch-drunk boxers who still goes in the ring with the hopes of winning back the title.

Perhaps One Bullet can get a guest spot on a CSI show.  ;D

Written By: tv on 05/10/10 at 6:49 pm

But Spectre losing the Democratic primary is only half the battle.  If Sestak beats him, then we still gotta beat Sestak in the final election.
I don;t know about that because Sestak is very close to Pat Toomey in todays Rassmussen poll. Toomey is only up by 2 points over Sestak right now in that poll(42%-40.) Sestak looks like a hot player right now and he could pull off the upset against both Specter and Toomey.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/10/10 at 6:52 pm

I don;t know about that because Sestak is very close to Pat Toomey in todays Rassmussen poll. Toomey is only up by 2 points over Sestak right now in that poll(42%-40.) Sestak looks like a hot player right now and he could pull off the upset against both Specter and Toomey.

Yeah, I saw that poll too.

But Toomey has not been campaigning very much (he's a shoo-in for the Repub nomination), while Sestak has been campaigning heavily since Spectre is the endorsed candidate of the Democratic party.

I'd expect Toomey's numbers to rise substantially once he starts throwing the mud campaigning.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/10 at 10:29 pm

Oh, it's waaaaay too late for that. Besides, here in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, we have not been looking kindly at incumbents lately, as many of them are either in jail or awaiting sentencing. At least Specter has avoided that spectre.

But, he is like one of those punch-drunk boxers who still goes in the ring with the hopes of winning back the title.

Perhaps One Bullet can get a guest spot on a CSI show.  ;D

No way, Jose!  I want Rick Santorum and nothing less!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smokin.gif

Written By: tv on 05/12/10 at 12:59 pm

New Rassmussen Poll for the Pennsylvania Democratic Primary: Sestak 47% Specter 42%.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/10 at 3:55 pm

I have a few questions about Joey Sestak.

Why was he relieved from duty as a Navel Officer?

Why did Joey not support the Gender Equality Bill of 1991 when most of his fellow Democrats did?

Why does Joey pay his campaign staff less than living wage?  Perhaps so they can be eligible for food stamps.

Why did Joey skip 127 congressional votes?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/16/10 at 4:30 pm

I have a few questions about Joey Sestak.

Why was he relieved from duty as a Navel Officer?

Why did Joey not support the Gender Equality Bill of 1991 when most of his fellow Democrats did?

Why does Joey pay his campaign staff less than living wage?  Perhaps so they can be eligible for food stamps.

Why did Joey skip 127 congressional votes?

First off let me preface that I will not be voting for Sestak; he is as liberal as they come.  That said I would love to see him hand Arlen's arse to him in a hat.  Then Toomey can wipe out Sestak in the general election. ;)

Sestak, a 3-star admiral with combat experience (compared to Spectre's three years service flying a desk in the OSI during the Korean War) was not relieved of duty as a Naval Officer.  He was, however, passed over by a new Chief Naval Officer, who wanted to put together his own team.  A few months later, Sestak decided to retire after 31 years service to our country.  At no time was he accused of wrongdoing, and he retired with an honorable discharge, three Defense Distinguished Service Medals, two Navy Distinguished Service Medals, two Legion of Merit medals, two Meritorious Service Medals, and a Joint Service Commendation medal.  Spectre's military career cannot be compared in any way to Sestak's impressive career.

Civil Rights act of 1991... Show me a link.  I did a Google and could not find a quote of Sestak on that one way or another.

Wages to campaign workers.  LOTS of campaign workers work for nothing.  I am assuming that the law does not require campaign workers to make a certain wage.  So unless Sestak's practice is illegal, what's the problem?

Missed votes.  I just checked this link from the Washington Post http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/111/house/vote-missers/ .  Seems that Sestak has missed 10% of votes while the average House of Representatives person has missed 4%.  Interestingly, of the 31 reps that missed more votes than Sestak, 19 of them were Democrats, a far larger proportion than the number of seats held in the House.

BUT... I just checked the 110th Senate results.  O'Bama missed 46% of votes in that Congress, Hillary Clinton missed 31%, Chris Dodd missed 26%, Joe Biden missed 31%.  In the 111th Congress, Specter missed 4.6% of the votes.  So if Democrats are going to hassle Sestak for missing votes in an election year, they'd better look at their leadership even more.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/10 at 4:50 pm

Toomey is 3x worse than Ricky.  How can someone vote for him? 

When Adm. Mike Mullen, now the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, took over as chief of naval operations, he relieved Sestak of his position as deputy chief for planning, reportedly citing low morale among Sestak's subordinates because of his demanding management style.

http://noshowjoe.org/blog/sestak_attacks_gender_equality_bill_that_was_unanimously_supported_by_democrats/

Political Science majors that are hired not volunteers.

Specter attended more votes than Obama, Clinton and Biden.  I'm impressed. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...