» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Arlen Specter Fired

Written By: GWBush2004 on 05/18/10 at 10:29 pm

Good riddance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/us/politics/19elect.html

Subject: Re: Arlen Specter Fired

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 12:09 am

Yeah, it looks like Specter's SOL.

Too bad.  He should have quit while he was ahead...or at least quit before it was too late.  He's old enough to "retire," but now he'll go down in history as "defeated." 

I never thought Specter was any great shakes myself.
::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 12:25 am

Yeah, Specter's conceding.  Sistak 53%, Specer 47%. 

He's not crying.  He looks like he's holding back calling everybody a bunch of effing ingrates! 

I'm sure Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill are both toasting the occasion!
:D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 6:47 am

Now we can focus on defeating Sestak this coming November.

Max, rumour has it that it was One Bullet's hair that was left on that can of Coke!  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 05/19/10 at 7:32 am

Yeah, Specter's conceding.  Sistak 53%, Specer 47%. 

He's not crying.  He looks like he's holding back calling everybody a bunch of effing ingrates! 

I'm sure Clarence Thomas and Anita Hill are both toasting the occasion!

...and anyone who read the Warren Report. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 7:48 am

Frank Luntz would emphasize saying his name so it sounds like "Joe Sixpack."  Gotta keep up the populist appeal!
8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/19/10 at 11:37 am

Max, rumour has it that it was One Bullet's hair that was left on that can of Coke!  ;D

Hardly, like I said PA is shifting to the left.  Better have your bunker prepared and decorated. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/19/10 at 7:38 pm

Hardly a signal of anything other than Specter unable to convince Democrat voters he was one of them now.  Combine that with a wave of anti-incumbent voting and he was done for no matter what he did. As a moderate he never really belonged in the Republican party past 1994 or so.  Had he jumped ship then, I think today would have been a very different story.

The fact that Obama and other establishment figures supported him, has more to do with not wanting to lose a Democrat in the Senate more than it did with true support for him. I think most people can see through that.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 8:50 pm

The fact that Obama and other establishment figures supported him, has more to do with not wanting to lose a Democrat in the Senate more than it did with true support for him. I think most people can see through that.

Seems to me that they were completely out of touch with the PA Democratic voters.

Originally O'bama was courting Sestak to run for Senate until One Bullet jumped ship. Then they attampted to buy Sestak off with a cushy administration job, but Sestak did not play that.

If O'bama and the DNC boys had thought this out, they would have come up with an endorsed candidate who had a better chance of winning than Spectre.  Instead they took a cynical incumbent approach.  I say "cynical" because in fact Sestak is closer to O'bama politics than Spectre ever was.  But the DNC is so entrenched to the status quo that they backed an incumbent snake-in-the-grass like Spectre simply because he was an incumbent with a "D".

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/20/10 at 10:17 am

Seems to me that they were completely out of touch with the PA Democratic voters.

Originally O'bama was courting Sestak to run for Senate until One Bullet jumped ship. Then they attampted to buy Sestak off with a cushy administration job, but Sestak did not play that.

If O'bama and the DNC boys had thought this out, they would have come up with an endorsed candidate who had a better chance of winning than Spectre.  Instead they took a cynical incumbent approach.  I say "cynical" because in fact Sestak is closer to O'bama politics than Spectre ever was.  But the DNC is so entrenched to the status quo that they backed an incumbent snake-in-the-grass like Spectre simply because he was an incumbent with a "D".

Its called "party loyalty"

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/10 at 12:31 pm

Its called "party loyalty"

Yeah... they were loyal to the former Republican Senator who had committed party treason against the Dems back in 1964.

And then dropped the lifelong Democrat (Sestak) like a bad habit.

Yep.  That's loyalty.  :D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/10 at 11:50 am

Yeah... they were loyal to the former Republican Senator who had committed party treason against the Dems back in 1964.

And then dropped the lifelong Democrat (Sestak) like a bad habit.

Yep.  That's loyalty.   :D

Joe Lieberman was all preachy and sanctimonious about Bill Clinton's dalliance like it was the worst thing since Sodom and Gomorrah, then the Al Gore campaign was like, "Who should be our VP?"

"How about the guy that stabbed us in the back?

"Great idea!
8-P

Part of the Lieberman choice was a vain hope to get Republicans to like them, which they never will. 

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/28/10 at 4:05 pm

Specter, ya broke unwritten law. Ya ratted out yer friends. When ya do that, Specter, yer enemies don't respect ya. Ya got no friends no more. Ya got noooooobody!

I've always said he committed political suicide by changing parties. People like him are why the Democratic party is represented by a JACK@$$!
We Pennsylvanians hope he can find work in another state(or country), because he's not welcome here. Get Lost, Ya Traitor!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/10 at 12:41 am

Specter, ya broke unwritten law. Ya ratted out yer friends. When ya do that, Specter, yer enemies don't respect ya. Ya got no friends no more. Ya got noooooobody!

I've always said he committed political suicide by changing parties. People like him are why the Democratic party is represented by a JACK@$$!
We Pennsylvanians hope he can find work in another state(or country), because he's not welcome here. Get Lost, Ya Traitor!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

You know, jackass isn't a profane word.  You can just type it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/10 at 8:38 am

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

You don't speak for all Pennsylvanians jackass.  Not only did I vote for him but I helped with his campaign.

Written By: Don Carlos on 07/17/10 at 10:32 am

You don't speak for all Pennsylvanians jackass.  Not only did I vote for him but I helped with his campaign.

But Reynolds, what do you expect from "your pal"?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/10 at 9:27 pm

But Reynolds, what do you expect from "your pal"?

Well, back in sixth grade PAL stood for: Personal A** Licker!

Your Pal,

:-X

Check for new replies or respond here...