» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Tea Party victory in the primary

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/19/10 at 7:42 pm

Is Rand Paul's win a Tea Party signal?

I'll have to agree with the last opinion, which is that this is Ron Paul's son which did more for his victory than any real support of the Tea Party folks.  It's also a strictly Republican primary (unlike states that let Independent voters sign up to vote for a particular primary).  Convincing the hard-core Republicans to back a candidate is a very different thing than getting the general public to back one.

Subject: Re: Tea Party victory in the primary

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 9:10 pm

Ron Paul
Rand Paul
RuPaul

:D

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/20/10 at 10:13 am

Is Rand Paul's win a Tea Party signal?

I'll have to agree with the last opinion, which is that this is Ron Paul's son which did more for his victory than any real support of the Tea Party folks.  It's also a strictly Republican primary (unlike states that let Independent voters sign up to vote for a particular primary).  Convincing the hard-core Republicans to back a candidate is a very different thing than getting the general public to back one.

Yes, and the number of votes cast in the Dem primary was greater by far than the number in the repug one.  That could be very significant

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/20/10 at 7:41 pm

This is bad news for Obama, and confirms my suspicion that he'll be in for only one term, and that a Republican, possibly backed by the Tea Party, will take his olace.

Written By: Macphisto on 05/20/10 at 10:33 pm

I just think Obama will probably become the next Clinton (without the adultery).  He'll probably have to deal with a Republican Congress for the rest of his time in office, but he'll likely win re-election.

Written By: Don Carlos on 05/21/10 at 10:00 am

I just think Obama will probably become the next Clinton (without the adultery).  He'll probably have to deal with a Republican Congress for the rest of his time in office, but he'll likely win re-election.

I doubt that the repubs will take even one house of congress, but we'll see.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/21/10 at 11:00 am

I just think Obama will probably become the next Clinton (without the adultery).  He'll probably have to deal with a Republican Congress for the rest of his time in office, but he'll likely win re-election.

Well there is always hope for adultery.  This is the presidency, after all.   ;)

I agree, the Repubs taking either house of Congress on this go 'round may be tough, because there are quite a few seats that would need to be taken.  But if they get enough seats... in combination with the Blue Dogs... there could be a new sheriff in town.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/21/10 at 11:11 am

Rand Paul is digging himself deeper and deeper and he has only won the primary less than a week ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLhyPnZgKgg

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 05/22/10 at 10:20 pm

They're much more likely to get the Senate.  I would be very surprised if the Democrats hold a majority in that House.

Written By: Macphisto on 05/22/10 at 10:22 pm

Rand Paul is digging himself deeper and deeper and he has only won the primary less than a week ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLhyPnZgKgg

Cat

Rand seems to share his father's extreme naivete when it comes to big business.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/10 at 10:33 pm

Rand ain't too quick with his wit.  He sounds a little confounded.

He can't be that dumb.  He's an ophthalmologist.  He gets to drop goo in people's eyes all day.
:)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/23/10 at 11:31 am

He can't be that dumb.  He's an ophthalmologist.  He gets to drop goo in people's eyes all day.

Oh man, I have an eye appointment tomorrow and I'm sure they are going to "drop goo" in my eyes. I really hate when they do that.  8-P

Ok, back to topic.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/10 at 2:45 pm

Oh man, I have an eye appointment tomorrow and I'm sure they are going to "drop goo" in my eyes. I really hate when they do that.  8-P

My eye doctor used to do that for dilation, then he'd take pictures for his records.  I wanted one for my driver's license so if I got pulled over drinking, the cop would say, "Okay, you can just go."
8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/10 at 3:10 pm

So does Peter North. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/10 at 5:06 pm

So does Peter North. 

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

That'll dilate yer pupils!
8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...