» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: And another GOP sex scandal...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 9:59 pm

...This one's particularly kinky.  Rep. Mark Souder (R-IN) was caught having an ongoing extramarital affair with a part-time staffer, a woman named Tracy Jackson.  Souder promptly resigned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/19/AR2010051904624.html

Souder was one of the first Republicans to call for Larry Craig to resign, so I suppose he thought he would live up to his own standards and resign.  He was a Bible-thumper and a staunch opponent of drug legalization.  This time, however, there were no denials and no prostitutes, male or female.  He did echo Jimmy Swaggart when he declared:

It is with great regret I announce that I am resigning from the U.S. House of Representatives as well as resigning as the Republican nominee for Congress in this fall's election....I sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part time member of my staff. I am so shamed to have hurt those I love.

A clear indication -- if history is prologue -- that he would do it all again if he stayed on the job, and he knew it.

Oh, and Souder was in favor of of prohibiting online poker.  Apparently, he just liked to poker offline.
:-\\

Subject: Re: And another GOP sex scandal...

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/10 at 10:01 pm

...This one's particularly kinky.  Rep. Mark Souder (R-IN) was caught having an ongoing extramarital affair with a part-time staffer, a woman named Tracy Jackson.  Souder promptly resigned.

A Republican ... with a woman?  I am shocked!  What a perv! 

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/19/10 at 11:29 pm

He of course was another Republican quick to rebuke Clinton in the 90s, and a staunch abstinence supporter as well.

there's still two Republicans that were caught with their pants down that didn't resign.  wonder why we don't hear about them anymore

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/20/10 at 11:10 am

I love the fact that he did a film about abstinence with his mistress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFbwHvRjEU

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/10 at 12:29 pm

Seems that the good Congressman from the State of Indiana should have heeded the advice of Naughty by Nature:

This girl ah tried to OPP me
I had a girl and she knew that matter-of-fact my girl was partner's that
Had a fall out, disagreement, yeah an argument
She tried to do me so we did it in my apartment, bust it
That wasn't the thing it must have been the way she hit the ceiling
'Cos after that she kept on coming back and catchin' feelings
I said, "Let's go my girl is coming so you gotta leave"
She said, "Oh no, I love you Treach" I said, "Now child please"
You gots to leave, come grab your coat, right now you gotta go
I said now look you to the stairs and to the stairwindow
This was a thing, a little thing, you shouldn't have put your heart
'Cos you know I was OPP, hell from the very start

Come on, come on, now let me tell you what it's all about
When you get down, you can't go 'round runnin' off at the mouth
That's rule number one in this OPP establishment
You keep your mouth shut and it won't get back to her or him

Exciting isn't it, a special kinda business
Many of you will catch the same sorta OPP is you with
Him or her for sure is going to admit it
When OPP comes, damn-- skippy I'm with it

;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/21/10 at 11:52 am

My guess is Ms. Jackson is not the first girl for Souder's chowder.  He just didn't get caught for the past 30 years!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...