» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Interesting Article on American Zionism...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/22/10 at 9:27 pm

Caught this article on the web today and thought I would post it for your purview.

Interesting stuff...

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2010/jun/10/failure-american-jewish-establishment/

Subject: Re: Interesting Article on American Zionism...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/10 at 9:36 pm

How I feel?  The history has been made.  The Israelis became what they despised.  They took a whole lot of land that wasn't there's to take.  There are complications with that, just ask Uncle Sam!

However...I do not consider Israel fair game, not even around my Jewish friends who are liberals.  Unless they've already stated their p.o.v., then you can't be sure how they feel.  I knew some Jews who have mixed feelings on the whole thing.  There are people around here who will decry any imperial force...but Israel is untouchable. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 05/22/10 at 9:53 pm

That was a good article.

What's ironic, however, is that Christian evangelicals tend to be more supportive of Israel than American Jews.

The focus on the Rapture drives most of it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/10 at 10:12 pm

That was a good article.

What's ironic, however, is that Christian evangelicals tend to be more supportive of Israel than American Jews.

The focus on the Rapture drives most of it.

On one hand, the Old Testament says the people of Israel are God's people.
On the other, the Jews do not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Both of these statements MUST be true in the Christian fundamentalist - Neocon universe.  However, they cancel each other out, so we have to say that the people of Israel will be converted to Christianity at the rapture, no other rite or sacrament necessary. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/10 at 7:33 am

On one hand, the Old Testament says the people of Israel are God's people.
On the other, the Jews do not accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Both of these statements MUST be true in the Christian fundamentalist - Neocon universe.  However, they cancel each other out, so we have to say that the people of Israel will be converted to Christianity at the rapture, no other rite or sacrament necessary. 

Hmm... No wonder the Muslims are picking up some market share.

Check for new replies or respond here...