» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Djou hear who's headed to Congress?

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/10 at 7:29 am

Why, Honolulu City Councilman Charles Djou, of course.  :)

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20100523/NEWS01/5230383/Djou+heading+to+D.C.

Djou, a Republican, won the special election, in which the disunified Dems fielded two candidates, and in which President O'bama recorded radio campaign ads where he vaguely asked people to "vote for a Democrat".

Djou is the first Repub to win this seat in two decades.

Congratulations Chucky !!!  ;D

Subject: Re: Djou hear who's headed to Congress?

Written By: Macphisto on 05/23/10 at 1:35 pm

Given Hawaii's liberal leanings, I'm guessing Djou is either a moderate Republican or he's going to lose his first bid for re-election.

In a way, he reminds me of that Vietnamese Republican in Louisiana.  Joseph Cao is a very moderate Republican, which is probably one of the only reasons he won the seat for New Orleans.  He was one of the few Republican House members that voted in favor of the healthcare bill.

Subject: Re: Djou hear who's headed to Congress?

Written By: tv on 05/23/10 at 2:04 pm

Given Hawaii's liberal leanings, I'm guessing Djou is either a moderate Republican or he's going to lose his first bid for re-election.

In a way, he reminds me of that Vietnamese Republican in Louisiana.  Joseph Cao is a very moderate Republican, which is probably one of the only reasons he won the seat for New Orleans.  He was one of the few Republican House members that voted in favor of the healthcare bill.

The only reason why Cao won is because of the congressmen that preeeced Coa in that district(Bill Jefferson) hid boxes of money in his house's freezer.

Check for new replies or respond here...