» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Joe Sestak - A Stand Up Guy

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/10 at 3:05 pm

This Democratic Senatorial nominee from Pennsylvania seems to me to be a decent enough chap.

Mind you I would never vote for him because I thoroughly disagree with his politics.  But now that he's the official Dem nominee, he has decided to NOT simply "tow the line".

On "Face the Nation" today, when asked, he repeated his statement that the boys in the O'bama Administration tried to buy him out of the Democratic primary with a White House staff job (so that they presumably could keep Arlen "One Bullet" Spectre propped up, in a move completely out of touch with Pennsylvania party members).

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/05/23/Sestak-WH-offered-job-if-he-left-race/UPI-76731274640980/

Usually one would expect a guy in his position to waver and obfuscate on this issue, now that he's the nominee.  You know, say that it was all "a big misunderstanding".  But he hasn't.  He reiterated the statement, although he is not saying anything more than that.  Fair enough.

All of this has to be pissing off the boys at the DNC and at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  He's gonna let those guys cook in their own stew.  ;D

Props to Sestak for being a stand-up guy on this. Whoever is trying to "cover this up" had best read their history books.  The coverup is invariably always far worse than the crime.

Trying to buy off Sestak's candidacy with a government job is only slightly better than Rod Blowjobovich trying to sell O'bama's old senate seat for either money or a job for himself.

---

All of this comes home pretty hard here in Pennsylvania.  At present we have dozens of state legislators either under indictment, awaiting trial, or awaiting sentencing for using government jobs and money to further their party political machines, in a sweeping investigation known as "Bonusgate".  Most of the perps are high-ranking Democrats, but a couple of Repubs are on the docket too, as well as a possible grand jury looking at a State Supreme Court justice.  I don't know how we can weed out all of the dirty-dealing with taxpayer money, but at least we can throw the bums in jail when we catch 'em red handed.

Subject: Re: Joe Sestak - A Stand Up Guy

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/23/10 at 7:54 pm

If I were in Sestak's shoes, I wouldn't have taken the "job" either.  It would be a sign to me that they were afraid I was going to win the race.  Besides, how could anyone with a shred of personal integrity take a cushy no-show job for double the salary of a U.S. senator if he would only drop out of the race?  Well, there are a lot of sc*mbags in politics who would. 

Interesting ploy for Joe to tell the press twice he was offered the job, but refuse to elaborate on what the job was -- that's why I assume it was a cushy no-show job for double the salary of a U.S. senator 'cos it would have to be too sleazy for him to want to elaborate on for fear of making the who party look bad. 
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/23/10 at 8:14 pm

If I were in Sestak's shoes, I wouldn't have taken the "job" either. 

I think the O'bama administration was trying to give the PUBLIC a "job".  ;)  8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 07/17/10 at 8:35 am

You're praising a guy for doing what SHOULD be done.  Politicians are known not to accept bribes or job offers on  daily basis.  Forgive me for not polishing a humanitarian award for him.  Btw are you done trying to beat the crap out of Specter?

Written By: LyricBoy on 07/17/10 at 4:54 pm

You're praising a guy for doing what SHOULD be done.  Politicians are known not to accept bribes or job offers on  daily basis.  Forgive me for not polishing a humanitarian award for him.  Btw are you done trying to beat the crap out of Specter?

Spectre is still full of crap, so why stop the beating?

I aghree that re: Sestak I am praising a guy for what he should have done (and did).  But for politicians his actions were beyond the norm, so may as well give him some props for that.  Still not gonna vote for him though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/17/10 at 8:18 pm

Politicians are known not to accept bribes or job offers on  daily basis. 

I expect my politicians not to accept bribes more than a couple of times a month.  And, hey, what's a bribe, anyway?  Everybody's happy here...or do we have a problem?

No bribes at all you say?  Ah, we live in a world of diminished expectations!
8)

Check for new replies or respond here...