» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Congressman Assaults Student on Video

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/10 at 12:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3tMcivWi-k

Looks like the Congressman is gonna have some 'splainin' to do.  :P

Subject: Re: Congressman Assaults Student on Video

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/10 at 12:20 pm

I knew you'd post this when I saw it on all the news aggregate blogs this morning.

The congressman clearly overreacts, but I would like to see what they really did to piss the congressman off... would like to see the unedited video.  You'll notice they never identify themselves, because I'm sure their "college students" as much as Lindsey Lohan is "sober".

I'm sure that if they felt they were truly "assaulted" there would be a police report to accompany the release of the video, but since there isn't...

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/10 at 12:32 pm

I knew you'd post this when I saw it on all the news aggregate blogs this morning.

The congressman clearly overreacts, but I would like to see what they really did to piss the congressman off... would like to see the unedited video.  You'll notice they never identify themselves, because I'm sure their "college students" as much as Lindsey Lohan is "sober".

I'm sure that if they felt they were truly "assaulted" there would be a police report to accompany the release of the video, but since there isn't...

Well, assuming that the video is not substantially photochopped, the Congressman's actions would constitute assault, as we have seen in similar papparazzi scenarios.

If I were one of those students, when asked "who are you" I would have pulled my shirt up to my nose, raised my hands, and exclaimed "I am the Great Cornholio!  My people... they are without bung holes."   ;D

Why no police report?  I think it is obvious, these two guys were knucklehead college students who just wanted to score the video and get it onto YouTube for yucks and giggles.

Written By: ChuckyG on 06/14/10 at 1:26 pm

Well, assuming that the video is not substantially photochopped, the Congressman's actions would constitute assault, as we have seen in similar papparazzi scenarios.

If I were one of those students, when asked "who are you" I would have pulled my shirt up to my nose, raised my hands, and exclaimed "I am the Great Cornholio!  My people... they are without bung holes."   ;D

Why no police report?  I think it is obvious, these two guys were knucklehead college students who just wanted to score the video and get it onto YouTube for yucks and giggles.

I'm sure a good lawyer could get those charges thrown out on a simple "felt threatened" defense.

I really have a VERY hard time believing they were just a couple random college students.  Way too staged.  They just randomly find a congressman walking in DC for some yuks? 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 06/14/10 at 2:08 pm

It's totally chopped.  I don't know what they said to him, but we're not seeing the whole thing.  Please.  Not that it excuses anyone's behavior, but it's blatantly obvious that there's more to the confrontation than was shown.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/14/10 at 3:08 pm

It sort of reminds me of the pimp/ACORN video.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 06/14/10 at 5:09 pm

Seems the Congressman has issued an apology for this incident.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dcnow/2010/06/rep-bob-etheridge-apologizes-profoundly-for-actions-video.html

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/10 at 9:11 pm

He's more like an old-school union thug politician than snappy New Democrat with a PR guy named Brant.  Brant will talk to you. 

May we help you sir.  No sir, we cannot give you access to the senator. 

Then you have the two muscle guys you hired enter the picture.  I mean South Sea giants, man!  You know, those immigrant for Easter Island!  They just stand there and give you the Evil Eye when you don't leave if Brant asks you too. 

I'm sure LBJ would have done the same thing to some snot-punk college reporter got in his face.  The difference is LBJ would have finished the job! 

I think nowadays morally compromised children are allowed to be stupid and make it to the top of the infotainment industry. 

Obama  -- I gotta tell you, you may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer!

Love,

Paul ---  who is actually one of two still alive!
:(
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/firedevil.gif

Written By: Don Carlos on 06/15/10 at 9:55 am

I love that new word, SHAMBUSH, says it all.

Written By: Macphisto on 06/17/10 at 12:02 am

Etheridge thought they were pages.  He was just giving them lovetaps or lovegropes, rather.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/17/10 at 12:09 am

LOOK HE ASKED THE BOY HIS NAME!

WHEN I ASK YOU YOUR NAME, BOY, YOU TELL ME YOUR NAME!

This is how a lot of guys like Congressman Etheridge think.  Don't screw around with the man!  That's that.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/09/smash.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...