» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: No health care for you!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/10 at 12:44 pm

Hey, 9/11 responders and families, ummmmmmm..... great job and all, but guess what?  Thinking of getting like I don't know, a premium health care coverage?

Guess what?  You're fresh out of luck, because you know, it's like pricey, the cash is gonna come from off shore, and reeks of Obama Care.

Signed,

The Grinches Who Stole Health Care From The 9-11 Responders

http://manhattan.ny1.com/content/top_stories/122931/house-rejects-9-11-health-care-bill

Subject: Re: No health care for you!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/10 at 9:20 am

I guess, that there is always Switzerland, Canada or Cuba!

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/10 at 10:56 am

The dirty Dems tried to sneak a tax hike for rich people as a rider on that bill.  If the bill passed, the terrorists would win!  The 9/11 First Responders understand that as patriotic Americans.  It's only the class-envying red-baiters who are all mad about it!
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/06/10 at 2:18 pm

So.... What will The 9/11 First Responders, do for health care, now?

Written By: tv on 08/06/10 at 4:26 pm

I guess, that there is always Switzerland, Canada or Cuba!

;D
What you guys on the left don;t seem to realize is they have to pay extra taxes to have their own healthcare system(i.e. single-payer healhcare system) in other countries. We(in the US) don;t have have a VAT(Value Added Tax) like they do in Europe.

Written By: tv on 08/06/10 at 4:34 pm

The dirty Dems tried to sneak a tax hike for rich people as a rider on that bill.   If the bill passed, the terrorists would win!  The 9/11 First Responders understand that as patriotic Americans.  It's only the class-envying red-baiters who are all mad about it!
::)
I thought it was some kinda cooperate tax hike or amnesty for illegals and thats why one(well two) of the reasons why the bill didn;t pass. The Dems are stupid though because all they needed was 218 votes but in this  vote they needed 230 votes last week to pass health care for 9/11 responders.

I thank New York Respresentative "Anthony Wiener" though for his performance on the flloor of the House last week, I don;t agree with Wiener pollitcally but that whole tirade on the house floor should make a scene in a movie. Wiener's performance was that good last week!

Written By: Macphisto on 08/06/10 at 9:45 pm

In short....  don't risk your life for a country that values your money more than your health.

Don't get me wrong -- America is still a far better place to live than most of the world, but we're definitely lagging behind countries like Canada when it comes to society in general.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/06/10 at 9:48 pm

What you guys on the left don;t seem to realize is they have to pay extra taxes to have their own healthcare system(i.e. single-payer healhcare system) in other countries. We(in the US) don;t have have a VAT(Value Added Tax) like they do in Europe.

Yes.  We realize that.  We also realize it is cheaper and more efficient for the government to regulate health care than for private sector to run amok.

In short....  don't risk your life for a country that values your money more than your health.

Don't get me wrong -- America is still a far better place to live than most of the world, but we're definitely lagging behind countries like Canada when it comes to society in general.

Karma dude!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...