» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Beck going blind?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/05/10 at 1:43 pm

According to him, he might be going blind, within a year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20100719/bs_yblog_upshot/glenn-beck-says-he-could-go-blind-in-a-year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcY4diU0UNE&feature=related

Subject: Re: Beck going blind?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/05/10 at 2:27 pm

I would say at least 10 people I know have been diagnosed with the same thing, some going on 10 years or so, Stephen King was diagnosed years ago.  None have gone blind yet, and it isn't an all encompassing blindness, more of a shrinking of the field of vision.  Tunnel vision to match his thinking. It is very common, like cataracts.  It is possible he has a very serious case of it, but we'll see, maybe he won't, but we will.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/05/10 at 2:40 pm

I just can't stir up sympathy for the guy. I KNOW what it is like to lose your vision. Yes, I can still read but there may come a time when I can't. His tears are so fake it is unreal. I KNOW what real tears are about losing one's vision. I KNOW what it is like not even being able to go to the grocery store by myself because I can't drive anymore. If he has it or not and IF he is going blind, he is just using it for drama. I think it is an insult to us who ARE truly losing our vision.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/05/10 at 3:31 pm

I just can't stir up sympathy for the guy. I KNOW what it is like to lose your vision. Yes, I can still read but there may come a time when I can't. His tears are so fake it is unreal. I KNOW what real tears are about losing one's vision. I KNOW what it is like not even being able to go to the grocery store by myself because I can't drive anymore. If he has it or not and IF he is going blind, he is just using it for drama. I think it is an insult to us who ARE truly losing our vision.

Cat

So basically...Beck's crying crocodile tears!

I've known someone who got bleach in his eye and he told me that he was going to go blind...but he didn't!

Written By: Macphisto on 08/05/10 at 6:13 pm

Well, Rush Limbaugh is mostly deaf.

Now if only Rush and Glenn would go mute.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/05/10 at 11:10 pm

Cat

It's not that he's going blind.  Heck, Homer and Ray Charles were blind!  The problem is the guy puts a Weed Whacker into the addled brains of Joe Schmoe every afternoon at 5:00!

He picks out a few passages from each Founding Father that comport well with today's right-wing agenda.  You want to talk about the Founding Fathers on national television?  Great.  It's about time.  Then talk about the Founding Fathers.  Your eyeball-twitching Joe McCarthy paranoia over the communist conspiracy behind "social justice" is a whole lot of tomfoolery.  Leave that behind.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...