» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Objective books on Reagan's Presidency?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/15/10 at 1:08 am

Hey

I was wondering if someone could recommend me an objectively written, or at least as objective as possible, books on the Reagan Presidency. I'm not talking about a biography of his whole life, but I'm asking for simply for a look at his domestic and foreign policies--A simple history of them.

Subject: Re: Objective books on Reagan's Presidency?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/10 at 2:06 am

They cannot write an objective biography of the Reagan presidency.  It will either sanctify him or vilify him

Sanctify: Dinesh D'Souza
Vilify: Me

I doubt there's room for a lot of neutrality on Reagan.  That's why the GOP spoke of Reagan in the Republican National Convention more than both Bushes combined.  Everybody who now votes Republican thinks Reagan is a saint or at least a pretty decent guy. 

Face it.  I'm a conspiracy nut on this.  I believe the Bush family were involved in the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan.  The Hinckley family was friends with the Bush family in Texas, both are wealthy oil families.  The Hinckley family donated generously to the Bush campaign.  The Bush family had been grooming to run George HW since the 1960s!
::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/15/10 at 6:02 am

Face it.  I'm a conspiracy nut on this.  I believe the Bush family were involved in the attempted assassination of Ronald Reagan.  The Hinckley family was friends with the Bush family in Texas, both are wealthy oil families.  The Hinckley family donated generously to the Bush campaign.  The Bush family had been grooming to run George HW since the 1960s!
::)

I think I'll be saying this 'till I die...

Bush (I & II) were both Neo-Cons, working with the Godfather of Neo-Cons (Nixon) and trying to rebuild the Nixon America, that's why no one will ever hear about the Bushes again...unless they're with Clinton!

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/15/10 at 4:14 pm

I think I'll be saying this 'till I die...

Bush (I & II) were both Neo-Cons, working with the Godfather of Neo-Cons (Nixon) and trying to rebuild the Nixon America, that's why no one will ever hear about the Bushes again...unless they're with Clinton!

Nothing with Nixon America.
Nixon New York City was great in the 70s-80s at it's sleazy best. Now it's a clean metrosexual metropolis.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 08/16/10 at 11:18 am

Role of a Lifetime by Lou Cannon?

Written By: ronobvious on 08/18/10 at 11:15 am

Although not at all objective, I really like Sleepwalking through History by Haynes Johnson.

Check for new replies or respond here...