» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Mel Gibson may have a new girlfriend....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/16/10 at 3:22 pm

And it maybe Dr. Laura Schlessinger!

::)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/14/olbermann-blasts-dr-laura_n_682213.html

Subject: Re: Mel Gibson may have a new girlfriend....

Written By: danootaandme on 08/16/10 at 6:33 pm

Words cannot express what I feel about this whole thing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/10 at 10:25 pm

I have some pictures of Dr. Laura I'd like to post...but they're not allowed here!
8)

She is tin-eared, wiggy, and clueless.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/17/10 at 4:29 pm

Dr. Laura can lick my balls.

Then again, so can Keith Olbermann.  :P

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/17/10 at 4:33 pm

I have some pictures of Dr. Laura I'd like to post...but they're not allowed here!
8)

She is tin-eared, wiggy, and clueless.

Let me guess...

It was when she was nekkid?

Better not show it! 8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/17/10 at 7:44 pm

Let me guess...

It was when she was nekkid?

Better not show it! 8-P

Her boyfriend shot her in the altogether circa 1970.  I guess he kept the photos in his sock drawer for 30 years and then posted them on the Internet!
:-\\

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/18/10 at 4:16 pm

Just heard today that Dr. Laura is packing it in at the end of the year. Thank goodness.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/applause.gif

In the days before satellite radio I once had to drive from Seattle to Minneapolis and as luck would have it my tape deck broke on me, so I had nothing to listen to but Rush, Dr. Laura or country music (some of which I can tolerate) for 1500 miles.  8-P

It was so irritating every time some woman would call in and proudly say, "Hello Dr. Laura, I am my kids mom!" that I would find myself yelling at my radio, "Well no sh!t! Did you have to take a DNA test to figure that out, you dumb bitch?!?" Not to mention that Dr. Laura would always give out the most awful, horrible advice.

At least that's one less cancer on our society we need to worry about.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/18/10 at 4:26 pm

She went on Larry King to say she is quitting to regain her 1st amendment rights.  ::)  Oh Boo Hoo

This is the offending chapter.  Woman without a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jqFLpTbvQ

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/10 at 4:35 pm

^ I could never tolerate Dr. Laura, even for sh!ts and giggles, as I could with Michael Savage or Laura Ingraham.  Heck, I'd even listen to those crazy Christian Right programs for fun.  Pop psych call-in shows and financial/consumer advice programs are the two formats I can't stand for a minute.  Dr. Joy Brown is another radio shrink I can't stand.  She's not as abrasive as Dr. Laura, but neither is a Marine Corps drill sergeant!

I listened to Rush in the '90s but I got bored with him PDQ.  He seemed to be reading press releases from Newt Gingrich's office.  Rush made me feel bored and annoyed at the same time!

Anyway, I'm glad the airwaves will finally be clear of Dr. Laura's verbal ipecac!
8-P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/18/10 at 4:45 pm

Dr. Laura?  Off the air waves?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M&feature=av2e

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/18/10 at 4:54 pm

She went on Larry King to say she is quitting to regain her 1st amendment rights.   ::)  Oh Boo Hoo

Nobody violated Dr. Laura's First Amendment rights.  Did Larry have the cajones to explain the First Amendment to Dr. Laura?
???

He's gone next year too.

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/19/10 at 7:49 pm

She went on Larry King to say she is quitting to regain her 1st amendment rights.   ::)  Oh Boo Hoo

This is the offending chapter.  Woman without a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jqFLpTbvQ

Maybe Dr. Laura can go out with Michael Richards as well.

Maybe "South Park" should coin the word N-Bomb Gal, as oppose to N-Bomb Guy!

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/19/10 at 8:33 pm

Damn n*ggers.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/cow123/Naggers.png

Dr. Laura helped make nagging into a profession.  I'm glad she's no longer annoying me, and I hope Nancy Grace is next.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/19/10 at 10:40 pm

Keith Olbermann made the same argument I made.  Dr. Larva's First Amendment rights were not violated.  The First Amendment does not require sponsors to support you after you utter racial epithets.  If the FBI hauled her in and the judge sentenced her to seven years for saying the n-word, then Dr. Larva could say her First Amendment rights were violated.  The First Amendment says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That's right.  Congress shall make no law...  It applies to the federal government.  Now, I don't want to open a can of contrary worms -- and there is one -- I'm merely pointing out the First Amendment doesn't protect you from your superiors in private business.  

Furthermore, Dr. Larva didn't get fired.  You can't fire me, I quit!  She quit.  So she's got no gripe.  She had an hysterical reaction and squeaked the n-word a bunch of times on-air.  Start dropping n-bombs at your job and see how long YOU last.  Don Imus got sh*tcanned for far less!

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/20/10 at 5:03 pm

Damn n*ggers.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/cow123/Naggers.png

Dr. Laura helped make nagging into a profession.  I'm glad she's no longer annoying me, and I hope Nancy Grace is next.

Karma for the post!

Furthermore, Dr. Larva didn't get fired.  You can't fire me, I quit!  She quit.  So she's got no gripe.  She had an hysterical reaction and squeaked the n-word a bunch of times on-air.  Start dropping n-bombs at your job and see how long YOU last.  Don Imus got sh*tcanned for far less!

I think she can make Michael Richards blush now.... :-[

Check for new replies or respond here...