» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: What do you think a Newt Gingrich Presidency would be like?

Written By: Ryan112390 on 08/27/10 at 2:06 am

From what I understand--yes, he's a sleazeball personally--But he seemed to be an effective politician during the '90s and an overall intelligent guy, and from what I gather he isn't one of those ''GOP-Fundie'' alliance types, he seems more pragmatic...

Which leads me to wonder...what do you guys think a Newt Presidency would be like? Personally I'd like a return to his brand of Republicanism over the Palin-Beck brand.

Subject: Re: What do you think a Newt Gingrich Presidency would be like?

Written By: danootaandme on 08/27/10 at 4:08 am

I think he is Cheney light.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/27/10 at 9:13 am

He makes my skin crawl.

Written By: Don Carlos on 08/27/10 at 10:43 am

A DISASTER

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/27/10 at 12:11 pm

I don't think Newt has a snowball's chance in hell, he has way too much personal baggage.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/27/10 at 12:17 pm

Thinking about it make my head want to do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/10 at 12:29 pm

Come on, guys. Tell us what you REALLY think.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/27/10 at 7:03 pm

I tried to think of a witty analogy, but I can't.  It's like drawing a Hitler mustache on Hitler!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/27/10 at 7:04 pm

I'm guessing that the White House would be renovated in the style of the Palace at Versailles.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/28/10 at 3:53 pm

I'm guessing that the White House would be renovated in the style of the Palace at Versailles.   ;D

I think you are thinking of Rush.

http://www.thevileplutocrat.com/images/uploads/photos/rush-bedroom-562.jpg

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/28/10 at 4:32 pm

Cat

Oh yeah, I got those two guyz mixed up.  :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 8:58 pm

^ Mr. Limbaugh's big fat pimply butt passes out on that bed after an evening of OxyContin and scotch!
8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/28/10 at 10:05 pm

Which leads me to wonder...what do you guys think a Newt Presidency would be like?

Too little, and 15 years too late.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 11:09 pm

Too little, and 15 years too late.

I don't think the results of a Newtistration would have looked much different from what Clinton did.  The biggest difference would have been the list of PARDONS! 

Oh, and Newt have sucked ballz on foreign policy.  Clinton was a pig -- a cheerful pig  -- but a pig.  However, Clinton could throw on on the charm.  Everybody loved him.  Newt would have been neither feared nor loved.  Gingrich can never hide how much of a pig he is.  He'd never get respect from foreign leaders.
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/29/10 at 12:29 am

I don't think the results of a Newtistration would have looked much different from what Clinton did.  The biggest difference would have been the list of PARDONS! 

Like I said, 15 years too late.  Instead of Bush II, wouldn't it have been nice to have someone who...

Clinton was a pig -- a cheerful pig  -- but a pig. 

......but you already said "indistinguishable from Clinton I" :)

Foreign policy, hey, Newt (and Clinton I) came from the generation during which foreign policy didn't matter, because the Cold War was over, and the actions of a bunch of rabble didn't really matter one way or the other.  Bush II was told to let it matter, and everyone after him followed suit.  The rest, sadly, was history. 

Newt '16: It's him, Clinton II, or Palin I.  Take your pick.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/29/10 at 12:34 am

Like I said, 15 years too late.  Instead of Bush II, wouldn't it have been nice to have someone who...

......but you already said "indistinguishable from Clinton I" :)

Foreign policy, hey, Newt (and Clinton I) came from the generation during which foreign policy didn't matter, because the Cold War was over, and the actions of a bunch of rabble didn't really matter one way or the other.  Bush II was told to let it matter, and everyone after him followed suit.  The rest, sadly, was history. 

Newt '16: It's him, Clinton II, or Palin I.  Take your pick.

Sarah Palin/Ben Quayle '16
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/thumbsup.gif

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/29/10 at 12:38 am

Tony knows what a Newt Gingrich presidency would look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlAmXGIbo84&feature=related

Written By: LyricBoy on 08/29/10 at 8:01 am

^ Mr. Limbaugh's big fat pimply butt passes out on that bed after an evening of OxyContin and scotch!
8-P

And how do you know that his butt is pimply? ???

Written By: tv on 08/29/10 at 3:23 pm

I don;t remember Gingrich from the 90's that much at all. I just remember hearing his name on the morning news like 1 time in the 80's or 90's(probably the 90's.)

At least Gingrich would balance the budget if he was the president, and keep liberal polticians in the Northeast and West Coast in check(Pelosi, Boxer, Reid, Patty Murray, Schumer, Gillibrand) come to mind. Those 6 politicians love to spend money!

See some people who posted on this thread think Gingrich has to much personal baggage to be president. Some of these people who vote now don;t even remember Gingrich from the 90's. They are either too young to remember Gingrich when he was "Speaker Of the House" or the people who remembered Gingrich from the Clinton era are dead.

Written By: tv on 08/29/10 at 3:35 pm

From what I understand--yes, he's a sleazeball personally--But he seemed to be an effective politician during the '90s and an overall intelligent guy, and from what I gather he isn't one of those ''GOP-Fundie'' alliance types, he seems more pragmatic...

Which leads me to wonder...what do you guys think a Newt Presidency would be like? Personally I'd like a return to his brand of Republicanism over the Palin-Beck brand.
No, for the last time Glenn Beck is not a Republican he a "libertarian". Just because Beck is on Fox News doesn;t mean he is a Republican.

Written By: danootaandme on 08/29/10 at 6:48 pm

No, for the last time Glenn Beck is not a Republican he a "libertarian". Just because Beck is on Fox News doesn;t mean he is a Republican.

Glenn Beck is not a Libertarian, he is an opportunist.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/29/10 at 8:47 pm

How the Gingrich stole Christmas?

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/29/10 at 8:49 pm

If he becomes President I'm moving to Canada and living in Jamie McBain's basement!!!!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/10 at 1:31 am

And how do you know that his butt is pimply? ???

I made an ass-umption!

arf! arf! arf!

:D

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/30/10 at 9:59 pm

Glenn Beck is not a Libertarian, he is an opportunist.

Karma.  Beck advocates for increased government control over one's personal life.  In so doing, he disqualifies himself from being able to use the moniker 'libertarian'.

It's right there in the name: libertarianism is a philosophy that seeks to maximize personal freedom - it requires that one argue for decreased government control of both economic and social behavior.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/10 at 10:48 pm

Karma.  Beck advocates for increased government control over one's personal life.  In so doing, he disqualifies himself from being able to use the moniker 'libertarian'.

It's right there in the name: libertarianism is a philosophy that seeks to maximize personal freedom - it requires that one argue for decreased government control of both economic and social behavior.

It's the same old fealty to the same old industrial barons.  Mr. Burns.  Social authoritarianism + Economic Neoliberalism = Fascism.

The interests he works for are mighty pleased.  "It pays to pay the boys off," as Burroughs said. 

They're pro-religion.  No problem.  They're anti-knowledge.  Yeah, we've got a real problem here!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/14/nono.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 08/31/10 at 10:24 pm

Apparently, Tom Coburn has said that Gingrich would be the last person he'd want as president, which is funny, because Coburn is the last person I'd want as president.

The scary thing is...  Gingrich seems like a moderate compared to the Tea Party types.  Ben Quayle makes him look like a liberal.

Written By: tv on 09/01/10 at 2:16 pm

Apparently, Tom Coburn has said that Gingrich would be the last person he'd want as president, which is funny, because Coburn is the last person I'd want as president.

The scary thing is...  Gingrich seems like a moderate compared to the Tea Party types.  Ben Quayle makes him look like a liberal.

Wow Coburn..I like him at least he votes "no" for stuff thats thats not paid for!

Yeah from what I understand when Coburn was representing Oklahoma's 2nd district in The House from 1995-1999 he used to get into verbal jabs with Gingrich claiming the GOP was moving closer to the political center at that time and they(The GOP) weren't being conservative enough.

We don't know anything about Ben Quayle he hasn't even been voted in yet to represent Arizona's 3rd congressional district.

I think Gingrich is a Moderate Conservative.

Check for new replies or respond here...