» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Republicans in the Senate block BP investigation

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/28/10 at 11:16 am

Senate Republicans block BP investigation

Can't have any one checking out what really happened you know.

Subject: Re: Republicans in the Senate block BP investigation

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/28/10 at 11:25 am

Go figure.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/28/10 at 1:23 pm

That's what the Republican Party is all about:
Government
of the people
by the corporations
for the corporations. 

The Democrats raise a protest but in the end, they always comply with
Government
of the people
by the corporations
for the corporations. 

That's why I've turned my back on both of them.  Either way, I lose.

Isn't it strange how the party bellyaching incessantly about "one world government" is A-O.K. with protecting a foreign corporation that just caused the worst ecological disaster in American history.
>:(

Written By: tv on 08/29/10 at 3:44 pm

They can't get Olympia Snowe or Susan Collins as a 60th vote either?

The thing is 169 Republicans voted in the House for this investigation yet the Republican Senators object. I don;t get it. For once I agree with senators Bob Menendez(D-NJ) and Jeane Shaheen(D-NH) and I haven't agreed with those 2 senators for the past year and a half on mostly everything.

Btw, on the flip side The House has already had hearings on the Oil Spill why does the Senate need to do the same? I would assume President Obama has all the facts in front of him on the Oil Spill from the hearings that the House has had already. Why waste more time on this? Its crazy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/30/10 at 2:04 am

The thing is 169 Republicans voted in the House for this investigation yet the Republican Senators object. I don;t get it. For once I agree with senators Bob Menendez(D-NJ) and Jeane Shaheen(D-NH) and I haven't agreed with those 2 senators for the past year and a half on mostly everything.

Btw, on the flip side The House has already had hearings on the Oil Spill why does the Senate need to do the same? I would assume President Obama has all the facts in front of him on the Oil Spill from the hearings that the House has had already. Why waste more time on this? Its crazy.

Of course they have to investigate the f**king thing!  Pardon my language.
If we can't hold these bastards accountable, who the hell can we?

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/30/10 at 8:04 am

as the article says... political coverage. they're all up for election in a few weeks and their opponents can't run ads pointing out their allegiance to their corporate masters

I believe that was a preliminary hearing with no subpoena power.  With no ability to subpoena people, we'll hear from nothing but paid shills for the company.

Written By: Macphisto on 08/31/10 at 10:28 pm

GOP = guns, oil, profit

Written By: nally on 08/31/10 at 10:31 pm

GOP = guns, oil, profit

karma+1 ;)

Written By: tv on 09/01/10 at 2:17 pm

GOP = guns, oil, profit
Guns-yes the GOP believes in the 2nd amendment!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/10 at 9:26 pm

GOP = guns, oil, profit

Greed, Oligarchy, Pissants

:D

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/02/10 at 10:20 am

Guns-yes the GOP believes in the 2nd amendment!

But it doesn't own it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 1:40 pm

But it doesn't own it.

The GOP has no problem violating the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 8th amendment rights of suspected terrorists, but not the 2nd.

GOP constituents scream blue murder if they can only buy one firearm a month! 

Check for new replies or respond here...