» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Six global warming skeptics who have changed their tune in the last few years

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/01/10 at 5:08 pm

Climate change doubters have just lost one of their leading lights, as writer Bjorn Lomborg calls for a worldwide carbon tax. But he's not the first high-profile defector

6 global warming skeptics who changed their minds

Subject: Re: Six global warming skeptics who have changed their tune in the last few years

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/01/10 at 5:46 pm

Don't know about anyone else, but I gonna be sending a postcard one day, from bright, sunny, tropical Antarctica, one day!

;D

Sorry for the bad joke, but I couldn't resist.

Subject: Re: Six global warming skeptics who have changed their tune in the last few years

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/10 at 8:50 pm

Hey, anyone watching Discovery Channel these days?  I hear they're gonna air a special on it, right after Futureweapons :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/01/10 at 9:19 pm

Hey, anyone watching Discovery Channel these days?  I hear they're gonna air a special on it, right after Futureweapons :)

Oh, they're showing interesting stuff on Discovery nowadays? 
???

I quit watching after it seemed like they were just showing guys working on their Harleys.  Might as well just watch a Village People video, I figured.

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/01/10 at 9:44 pm

Oh, they're showing interesting stuff on Discovery nowadays?   ???

Yeah, there was a great documentary on SWAT teams today.  And something about squirrels.

Written By: gibbo on 09/02/10 at 2:15 am

Yeah, there was a great documentary on SWAT teams today.  And something about squirrels.

Hey...who doesn't love a good siege?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 2:28 am

Hey...who doesn't love a good siege?

Siege of the Squirrels.
???

Written By: gibbo on 09/02/10 at 3:05 am

Siege of the Squirrels.
???

I'd see that movie ...as long as all the squirrels were at least maimed!!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/02/10 at 3:41 am

Finally the tobacco companies had to admit their tobacco nicotine delivery devices -- cigarettes-- will kill you if used as directed.  Phillip Morris lost 80% of its domestic customers compared to forty years ago BUT they expanded into Asian markets.  If we are destroying the climate the way cigarettes destroy a little kid's lungs, we don't have another planet to move to. 
:\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...