» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The next Sarah Palin? nah. she's way more competent than that

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/03/10 at 11:23 am

Look away from the light Carol Ann

honestly... like a deer looking into the headlights.  yet a 20 point lead in the polls, because party loyalty trumps the ability to decide on a candidate on an individual basis.

Subject: Re: The next Sarah Palin? nah. she's way more competent than that

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/03/10 at 11:25 am

wait... 600 days as governor... no way she's the next Palin.  she's been governor way too long... and might even get re-elected.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/03/10 at 11:35 am

Point for the Poltergeist reference!

;D

Seriously, Jan, Mike, Carol, Alice, Bobby, Sam the butcher, Peter, Greg, Cindy, Marcia and Tiger the dog, think that you have some explaining to do.

::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/03/10 at 12:19 pm

I think this is the REAL story about Jan Brewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8W4-zIyJa4

I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite her in the butt.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/03/10 at 1:38 pm

Hey, Jan, next time you've got a TV spot, lay off the reefer backstage!  That's not why they call it the "green room," y'know!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_colors.gif

She totally mishandled the "headless bodies" question.  Old Huey Long would have said, "No, turns out they haven't found any headless bodies out there, but would you gentlemen like to volunteer?"  And the press conference woulda been over in a big hurry!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/evil6.gif

Written By: tv on 09/03/10 at 5:35 pm

I admit Jan Brewer is a little weird for my taste at times but she does her job well from what I understand. The last Arizona Governor was a Democrat with Janet Napolitano before Napolitano bolted for the Obama Administration so its not a question of party loyalty with Brewer being a Republican.

Written By: sonikuu on 09/03/10 at 7:00 pm

Oh god, I live in Arizona.  I already hate this state enough, why does it have to get worse?  My goal right now is move the hell out of here on my first opportunity.  This state has been going downhill for several years now and things are only getting worse, yet the people who make those things worse will continue to hold positions of power.  Look at Joe Arpaio, whose viewed as being tough on crime and wins every time even though his county is the only county in Arizona to see an increasing crime rate over the past few years.  Those are the type of "successful" people we elect into office.

Written By: Frank on 09/03/10 at 7:52 pm

I think this is the REAL story about Jan Brewer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8W4-zIyJa4

I have a feeling this is going to come back and bite her in the butt.

Cat

Can she see Russia from her house?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/04/10 at 2:09 pm

I admit Jan Brewer is a little weird for my taste at times but she does her job well from what I understand. The last Arizona Governor was a Democrat with Janet Napolitano before Napolitano bolted for the Obama Administration so its not a question of party loyalty with Brewer being a Republican.

does her job well?  she cut the budget for the water department by over 60% in a state that is basically one big desert.  doesn't sound like a great idea to me.

Written By: tv on 09/04/10 at 4:14 pm

does her job well?  she cut the budget for the water department by over 60% in a state that is basically one big desert.  doesn't sound like a great idea to me.
I don;t live there but I think the voters of Arizona like her, thats all that matters in the end!

We didn't like Corzine here in NJ so we got rid of him!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/04/10 at 5:34 pm

I don;t live there but I think the voters of Arizona like her, thats all that matters in the end!

We didn't like Corzine here in NJ so we got rid of him!

We shall see if the voters like her. She wasn't elected governor, she was appointed.

Cat

Written By: tv on 09/04/10 at 5:40 pm

We shall see if the voters like her. She wasn't elected governor, she was appointed.

Cat
Yeah thats true CAT!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/04/10 at 6:46 pm

Jan 's bringing Arizona back
Them immigrants don’t know how to act
They think they're special, and we can't cut them slack.
They better turn around and head right back.

Sorry, but couldn't resist it.

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...