» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Boycott Mott's and Dr Pepper/Snapple

Written By: LyricBoy on 09/06/10 at 5:51 pm

I just saw an article on TV where Dr Pepper/Snapple is demanding pension freezes and a $1.50/hr wage cut from Mott's workers, despite record company earnings.

Now I can confess here that I have laid off workers(by the hundreds) and had to cut wages in order to save an ailing company, that's business. But this Motts thing is just dirty all over.

I will not be buying any Motts, Dr Peppper, or Snapple products now.  >:(

Subject: Re: Boycott Mott's and Dr Pepper/Snapple

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/06/10 at 11:40 pm

Dr. Snapple.  I mix 'em up in an old Listerine bottle and may the best beverage win!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/ylsuper.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/08/10 at 3:33 pm

C'mon...I'll drink my Dr. Pepper because of this....

jvCTaccEkMI

But Wal-Mart...that's a place that should be avoided at all times!

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/09/10 at 10:51 am

While I agree with LB and Mr. C (have never done Wal Mart), it seems to me that if we boycott every shady, exploitative, under handed, or disreputable business/product, there would be nothing to buy and no where to shop.  That's the free market baby.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/09/10 at 11:57 am

While I agree with LB and Mr. C (have never done Wal Mart), it seems to me that if we boycott every shady, exploitative, under handed, or disreputable business/product, there would be nothing to buy and no where to shop.  That's the free market baby.

So buy GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE!!!! ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/09/10 at 4:21 pm

Great, we just as a well boycott, everything.

Written By: philbo on 09/10/10 at 8:53 am

..and listening to the cricket, we should have a Boycott boycott, too (though that joke may not be too well-understood that side of the pond)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/10/10 at 10:16 pm

I boy-caught NAMBLA!
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/11/10 at 2:33 am

I'm good at boycott.  Some would be surprised at the things you can do without, especially for good reason.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/10 at 2:47 am

I'm good at boycott.  Some would be surprised at the things you can do without, especially for good reason.

I boycotted good reasoning too!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...