» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I am afraid it might be over for Obama.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/21/10 at 9:24 pm

Things have been getting pretty bad, lately, and unless things get better, he might not be back for a second term.

Good luck, he'll need it.

Subject: Re: I am afraid it might be over for Obama.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/10 at 9:56 pm

Listen, I feel disappointed in Obama, and my expectations of him were seriously diminished going into the term.

Obama is going to have to exposed the "free market" myths as frauds, take his lumps, and make his proposals.

However, there are some fat cats on Wall Street might not support him in 2012 if he did that!
:D

Written By: Macphisto on 09/21/10 at 10:11 pm

Losing the House and the Senate might be a blessing for Obama.

By the time 2012 rolls around, if the GOP is running Congress and the economy still stinks, the public won't be able to blame Obama for everything.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/10 at 10:22 pm

Boehner will start investigating Obama the second he chairs the committee!  Boehner hates Obama.  He's jealous.  Obama has a cooler name, a hotter wife, a better tan, and 200 million more fans than Boehner.  If Boehner becomes speaker of the house, Obama cannot allow himself to be bullied the way Newt bullied Clinton.  Obama has an impeccable record in personal and professional business.  Nobody out there has a grudge against him.  Right?  So there's nothing Andrew Brightbart can do for you!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/21/10 at 10:35 pm

True, but the bills with the exceptions of a few, that actually do get pass, keep getting hammered over and over again.

And there are quite a few people who are disappointed, with the direction of how things are heading.

The Republicans are definitely going to be drilling this home, a lot and may use to win the primaries.

Hopefully, he'll get re elected. Because, the alternative may not be much better.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/21/10 at 10:40 pm

True, but the bills with the exceptions of a few, that actually do get pass, keep getting hammered over and over again.

And there are quite a few people who are disappointed, with the direction of how things are heading.

The Republicans are definitely going to be drilling this home, a lot and may use to win the primaries.

Hopefully, he'll get re elected. Because, the alternative may not be much better.

A lot can change in 2 years (as Obama discovered).

2012 will likely be a very different political environment from 2010.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/10 at 10:41 pm

If Newt's your best, your best won't do!
:-\\

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/22/10 at 5:53 am

Hey Obama...where's our change? :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/22/10 at 8:44 am

Boehner will start investigating Obama the second he chairs the committee!  Boehner hates Obama.  He's jealous.  Obama has a cooler name, a hotter wife, a better tan, and 200 million more fans than Boehner.  If Boehner becomes speaker of the house, Obama cannot allow himself to be bullied the way Newt bullied Clinton.  Obama has an impeccable record in personal and professional business.  Nobody out there has a grudge against him.  Right?  So there's nothing Andrew Brightbart can do for you!

Of course Obama has committed an impeachable crime-he is black.  ::)

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 09/22/10 at 2:44 pm

If Newt's your best, your best won't do!
:-\\

Agree.

Written By: Don Carlos on 09/22/10 at 7:29 pm

Listen, I feel disappointed in Obama, and my expectations of him were seriously diminished going into the term.

Obama is going to have to exposed the "free market" myths as frauds, take his lumps, and make his proposals.

However, there are some fat cats on Wall Street might not support him in 2012 if he did that!
:D

And I thought I was a bit naive.  The man has muscled through a bunch of major legislation with a senate that tried to filibuster everything he wanted to do.  Yeah, all those bills could have been better, but by the goddess, they are certainly a step forward, and certainly began to undo the damage of GWB's (and Clinton's) admin.  And I would be surprised if "Wall Street" supported him no  matter what he did.  Max, you need to remember that politics is the art of the possible.  That said, it was clear to  me from the beginning that Obama was no flaming liberal, but GD it, don't you understand how historic the first black president is?  And don't you get how much push back he has gotten just because he is the first black president?  Sure, rail against the pseudo-Dems, and rail against the party of "NO" and criticize Obama for what he has not done, but recognize what he has done.

Written By: Macphisto on 09/22/10 at 10:34 pm

And I thought I was a bit naive.  The man has muscled through a bunch of major legislation with a senate that tried to filibuster everything he wanted to do.  Yeah, all those bills could have been better, but by the goddess, they are certainly a step forward, and certainly began to undo the damage of GWB's (and Clinton's) admin.  And I would be surprised if "Wall Street" supported him no  matter what he did.  Max, you need to remember that politics is the art of the possible.  That said, it was clear to  me from the beginning that Obama was no flaming liberal, but GD it, don't you understand how historic the first black president is?  And don't you get how much push back he has gotten just because he is the first black president?  Sure, rail against the pseudo-Dems, and rail against the party of "NO" and criticize Obama for what he has not done, but recognize what he has done.

Obama is just as in deep with Wall Street as Bush was with oil and the military industrial complex.

Hell, Goldman Sachs bought both parties.  I'm not exactly an advocate of revolutions, but uh...  if Wall Street erupted into a fireball at this point...  I wouldn't exactly mind it.

The only way we'll break free of the corruption of the Fed Reserve and Wall Street in general is to go back to having a public central bank.  We've had 2 before, and now it's time for the third one.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/10 at 12:21 am

Obama is just as in deep with Wall Street as Bush was with oil and the military industrial complex.

Hell, Goldman Sachs bought both parties.  I'm not exactly an advocate of revolutions, but uh...  if Wall Street erupted into a fireball at this point...  I wouldn't exactly mind it.

The only way we'll break free of the corruption of the Fed Reserve and Wall Street in general is to go back to having a public central bank.  We've had 2 before, and now it's time for the third one.

It's the Golden Rule:

He who has the gold makes the rules.

I know that sounds cornball, but it seems to hold true.
:(

If the unemployment rate is above 8% in 2012, Obama is toast.  The Republicans can beat him to smithereens with a high unemployment rate.  The economic problems are largely Milton Friedman's chickens coming home to roost.  One can trace the current recession all the way back to the idea that the Free Market has all the answers...and we shall define what a free market is.

Nonetheless, the guy who's president now is going to take the heat.  Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, and all that lot beat Clinton to a pulp day-in, day-out from 1992--1996, and Clinton beat Dole like a rented mule.  

Granted, Dole was a crummy candidate.  As Reagan asked: "Are you better off than you were four years ago?"  In 1996 the dot com revolution was underway.  Although I did not share in the prosperity, the mid-'90s felt a little like the mid-'80s.  Everybody's account felt a little more flush.  The future seemed a little brighter.  General sentiment declared we were indeed better off in 1996 than we were four years earlier.  It felt the same way in '84 and '86...and '88 for that matter.  Never mind the whole thing was on a maxed-out credit card, Michael Dukakis didn't seem to offer anything better.  He was a buzzkill.  Man, he was boring.  I had to remember who ran against Daddy Bush in 1988...and I'm from Massachusetts!
;D

Clinton had little to do with the rise of the Internet.  Al Gore did though.  No matter, things seemed to be going well, so why change your socks in the World Series?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/catmilk.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/23/10 at 12:31 am

Oh you're so condescending,
Your gall is never ending,
We don't want nothin', not a thing from you!
Your wife was trite and jaded,
Boring, adulterated,

If Newt's your best, your best won't do! :-\\

Whoa-oh-oh,
Whoa-oh-oh,
We're Right! (Yeah!)
We're free, (Yeah?)
We'll fight (Yeah!)
You'll see (Yeah?)

We're not gonna take it!  (NO!)
No!  We ain't gonna take it!
We're not gonna take it anymore!  (Just you try to make us!)

We're not gonna take it!  (C'mon!)
No!  We ain't gonna take it!  (You're all worthless and weak!)
We're not gonna take it anymore!  (Now drop and give me 20, Christine!)

We're not gonna take it!  (A pledge pin?)
No!  We ain't gonna take it  (On your uniform?)
We're not gonna take it anymore... (Well, I suppose that's better than what Clinton left on Monica...)

(Sorry Newt, Maxwell set you up and I didn't have to change more than a couple of lines and puncutation marks.  All's fair...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/23/10 at 1:25 am

Well, I was just hoping somebody would pick up the reference.  I'm glad I didn't quote The Odyssey there!

:P

You gotta remember, Tipper Gore was powerful-upset about Twisted Sister and pressure was mounting on Capitol Hill.  I figured if Al did a little less pressuring and a little more mounting, we wouldn't be talking about it now!  We rank it up there with "The Tree Stooges" or "Bugs Bunny" now, but in 1985, this kind of display of violence against authority figures....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs

JUST YOU TRY AND MAKE US!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...